Novice

May 15, 2005, 8:38 PM

Post #1 of 11 (848 views)
Shortcut
@ wOw Wow!?! i Am kEnji bOy bOy Can't Post

Harlo all,

heHEe..Ko ni chi wa

i m @ileen82 ..joined for awhile but haven intro..Tongue

Just haVe my baBy, Kenji ( is a shih tzu ). Kenji now.hmm 2 1/2 mths loh..ka wa yi.. very very manja one. aiya..i tried to post his pics..pai seh ..too big size.. will attach it after re-size it k

grr...still try to toilet train him..haih..not very easy neh..he always poo poo and pee pee at diffirent place.. i will gambadeh cause get alot of information from the threads d..hehee

planning to sign up as MKA member..( but not sure the in pg).... cause after Kenji taken the 3rd jabs then i wan him to social around..kekekek..then join the training at the Japanese Garden in penang ( yuppie ) beside that me also can know more frenz yuppie yar yar..Tongue

hope to know more doggie lovers then can have gathering always..wakakak Kenji will be very busy lol..
Blush liFe withOut KenjI, withOut JOY.

Sydney
Doggyman

May 15, 2005, 8:47 PM

Post #2 of 11 (844 views)
Shortcut
Re: [@ileen82] @ wOw Wow!?! i Am kEnji bOy bOy [In reply to] Can't Post

Hai Hai,

Watashi Karmen. Welcome to the forum where you can ask questions about doggiesSly. I have a 1 yr and a few days doggie called sidney. He's a silky which is evil. Have the toilet training started yet with you both?

FrownFrownSidney's DogsterFrown
Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

@ileen82
Novice

May 15, 2005, 10:52 PM

Post #3 of 11 (837 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sydney] @ wOw Wow!?! i Am kEnji bOy bOy [In reply to] Can't Post

Ohayo,

Nice meeting YOu...

har..Toilet training ah...eee.Tongue not really working leh..

I brought back Kenji hmm..on last 27th if not mistaken..he is now 2 1/2 mths... tried to train him toilet on newspaper ...ee...not working....

my Frenz..Jar Jar binky( that what we called him) he has shih tzu too..he trained his Lucky to toilet in the box..Lucky is so smart..will jump into the box for poo poo and pee pee then will jump back out..wish i can train Kenji until that level..so..i prepared a box too fill will layers of newspaper..but he treated tat as one of his play ground..Crazyplay inside there pula.. run circle and circle in the box..Crazy

so..started back again training on newspaper..put the newspaper in front his crate before let him out..once he is out..the 1st thing he will do is ..he will " blak" excitement pee....

i will leave the newspaper there...so that the smell will stay there then hope next time he will pee pee there...not really working..he will pee ANYWHEREUnsure ...end up have to mop the floor everyday..

at first few days at my home ah..he very guai one.. play play then will run back to his crate and pee or poo inside there.i did praise him with the treats...but mayb recently he dun like to be in crate gua...or..mayb..he love cleanliness so..he will mess up my room instead of his room..Unsure

asked some advice from the breeder and the petshop..asked me to put the newspaper immediately when see he is posting THAT position..sometimes success..sometimes...he will just stop then bark at me with the newspaper on my handUnsure

what we do now is that ...just keep an eye on him...will just clean up the mess after he poo or pee...have to aact fast if not he will eat the poo poo bad bad Kenji...i saw some threads here advicing to put pepper on the poo poo then Kenji will not eat it ..grrr...HE STILL AT IT.. asked Doc for advice too Doc said that the reason he atep poo is he is not full enough so have to feed him more till he will not eat the poo... feed him alot oh..his stomach fat fat d..but STIL HE ATE POO POO yesterday...now.my frenz called him CRAZY Kenji...

well..i know that it's never too late to train him..so i will gambadeh.Smile..so i have started to order daily newspaper...and next week i have taken some off days wish to be with him more and train him toileting..kekeke...

Planning to go to the training ah but not sure where is the center in Penang..later also going to MPH to buy the book that the members here recomment " Steps by Steps" by Mary Ann Rombold Zeigenfuse..rm 50 ++...hmm i heard it''s very good book oh...

anyone got other advice also i will try..as long it works..Tongue

Sydney
Doggyman

May 15, 2005, 11:10 PM

Post #4 of 11 (830 views)
Shortcut

HeheSly,

Well, now i noe what is happening to Kenji the naughty doggieLaugh. Do you have a garden? Or the car porch? It's better to let Kenji do his poo and pee thereSmile. Like Sidney, he always goes outside and pee but go to the toilet and poo... Now he got gastric and now sleepingSmile.

Your friend shih tzu is smartSmile. Hope Sidney also can do like thatSly. Hmmm.... If Kenji pee at wrong side then you have to piak piak his mouth and say noUnimpressedwhen he like sniff the poo or pee. Bring him there b4 u hit him. I noe it's harsh but it's the best way. Let your doggie remember the place which is wrongSmile

Kenji mess up yor room? Try locking the door or put Kenji in the kitchen so he will be normal with the placeSmilethen dun have to mess the bed up. Waa you got money anot? The book so expensive liaoShocked

FrownFrownSidney's DogsterFrown
Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

MisterStan
Doggyman

May 15, 2005, 11:12 PM

Post #5 of 11 (829 views)
Shortcut

hi aileen

how ru.. good to hear that you got yourself a shih tzu..

thedogghouse
Enthusiast

May 16, 2005, 6:31 AM

Post #6 of 11 (812 views)
Shortcut

hi aileen,

mayb there are steps that i can give u. i got a MS and i've trained her to pee and poo on a square basket (neh...those ppl who put gardenia bread on it one...those grey basket my dad took it from the market) with some thick newspapers on it. put that 'toilet' to one certain place.

then....usualli dogs after wake up, eating they will start to pee and poo. that time u hv to get ready ur newspaper. notice ur dog where and when he pee and poo. if manage...when he pee or poo, faster faster put the newspaper. don't too excited cos he will bark at u and he will get scare and don't wan to pee and poo. then try to tok to ur dog... that he should pee and poo on the 'toilet'. show him and giv him a language like chuchu and pekpek. hehee...that's my language for the dog lar. then slowly everything is prepared, start the second step. which is like what sidney said, harsh.

when he start to pee and poo on the floor, beat him at the butt and scold him saying NO and let him smell the pee and poo part and scold him cannot do this here. show him his toilet. should pee and poo here. and beat his butt again saying cannot like that.

well, when i bought my MS she was 2 mths old. then i trained her when she was puppy. rite now she's 1 year old and pee and poo at her toilet. need to be patiece lor. at frist memang have to mop the floor many times. but able to train him, u will feel it's worth it to do so. hahaha.... it's ur choice whether u wan to be harsh to ur dog anot. Laugh think again.... it's kinda worth it also. hope this can help u. anything....free to ask. Wink

elynn

nicky_spykeaz
Doggyman

May 16, 2005, 5:36 PM

Post #7 of 11 (802 views)
Shortcut

welcome to the forum. you will find alot of shih tzu lover here...

gamateh on your furkids cuz he/she will turn out to be one superb one

enjoy..

Cheers ya,

Nicki the Devil live by the reputation of the name

boBby is a craz3 car PassaNger
Fat FaT other case Elegant Car GuEst
What make Me?
A LoYal huMan Driver.... Frown

NoBody is Prefect, Guess What i am Nobody
Nice to meet YOu

(Bobby+Nicky craze JT memBer)

BoBby San DogstEr
http://www.dogster.com/?158414

http://spykeaz-devil.blogspot.com/

ladee_m
Doggyman

May 17, 2005, 2:32 AM

Post #8 of 11 (788 views)
Shortcut

Ello

Welcome... hope u & Kenji are already having fun here meeting many nice ppl & meeying more frens... Enjoy Wink

CLICK ON =>Poodles' Friendly Gang ListSmile

I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult.

@ileen82
Novice

May 17, 2005, 5:33 AM

Post #9 of 11 (787 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ladee_m] @ wOw Wow!?! i Am kEnji bOy bOy [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you guysSly

really appreciated to be in here. hmm..i will gambadeh of course..hehe

today Morning, Kenji very guai..as usual i put the newspaper b4 letting him out cause i know that once he get out from the crate he will blek some excitement pee ..then i will leave the newspaper there whaaha..(smelly ) but then to train him must at least let him know that that is the spot he should pee pee..SUCCESSS!! he even poo poo on that newspaper...YUPPIE ...give him a treat for that...

later i was away in my kitchen to prepare my dinner...suddenly i notice that he was out of my sight...calling him..he din ran to me woh...search him..you know what is he doing ah..HE IS EATING HIS POO POO after he blek the poo poo near my sofa...UnsureCrazy

smack him then put him in the crate..his face looked so innocent and guilt..kesian him...

i din buy that book yet...hmm Tongue very tired that day...MUST go buy that book d..very needed extra advice. expensive ah...but it;s not just a puppy i have..later on i might getting more oh..eheheh

ladee_m
Doggyman

May 17, 2005, 6:44 AM

Post #10 of 11 (783 views)
Shortcut

Ello

it happends... yucky as it may sems coz sometimes they are bored... u shud give some soft toys for biting or a bone or any safe dogie toys...

u can alwiz search the net for info there are plenty of tips and articles to help u potty train ur firkids... will help u look up some...

meantime have fun & u are doing fine

CLICK ON =>Poodles' Friendly Gang ListSmile

I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult.

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

May 19, 2005, 5:50 PM

Post #11 of 11 (774 views)
Shortcut

Hi @ileen82,

Warm welcome to the forum here and enjoy ya !

cheers,
minglmy

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my