Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Before Getting a Dog:
Getting a Mini Pin for nephew

Carole Tan
Novice

May 14, 2005, 8:09 PM

Post #1 of 5 (983 views)
Shortcut
Getting a Mini Pin for nephew Can't Post

Anyone have any idea is mini pin suitable for my nephew at the age of 7 and 3..? Is mini pin friendly to children?

thks

Toy
K9 Maniac

May 14, 2005, 8:44 PM

Post #2 of 5 (981 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Carole Tan] Getting a Mini Pin for nephew [In reply to] Can't Post

well, minpin is a frenly dog but they are very active & sometimes rough, i suggest maltese.

JuStiN'doGgIe
Canine Addict

May 15, 2005, 4:04 AM

Post #3 of 5 (967 views)
Shortcut

erm... hi... Justin here... well, in my opinion, i think your nephew r too young to take care of a dog, summore its mini pin! they r very active! why dun u buy a toy dog i mean really toys, not toy sized dog instead of a real min pin... wait till they r older... just my opinion, its up to u... think carefully oh!

Justin

kelsey
K9 Maniac

May 15, 2005, 5:29 AM

Post #4 of 5 (964 views)
Shortcut

min pin are good dogs and they are loyal too. but toy dogs tend to be more "jaga jaga' then big dogs. toy dogs dont like being wrestled around and prefers to stay on the "high" side.

children can be very rough, i have a 6 yrs old at home and i have 2 golden retrievers. if we have gotten a small dog,, i know that dog wont last very long sure break a leg or something. so my big dogs are very strong and sturdy and plus they have excellent temperament and are really good with kids. i am not giving you any ideas about changing ur mind to get a big dog instead of a min pin as big dogs are big work, and most owners dont understand what "large" breed means. my 2nd golden was a rescue cause his owner never thought he can grow that big.

taking care of a dog/puppy should be an adult's responsibility. maybe u can talk to your nephew's parents and see what they say about it. kids and dogs go together so well. it;s amazing looking at the 6 yrs old and my 2 dogs everyday doing stuff.

make good choices.

Sydney
Doggyman

May 28, 2005, 9:48 PM

Post #5 of 5 (836 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Carole Tan, Toy] Getting a Mini Pin for nephew [In reply to] Can't Post

Min Pins are suitable for a house dog and sort of friendly to kidsSmile

Toy, i thought min pins are very sweet and cuddly. Not rough sumtimes.

FrownFrownSidney's DogsterFrown
Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my