Home: Members' Area: Members' Introduction:
hi all, cocker spaniel owner

alexia
Novice

May 10, 2005, 5:19 PM

Post #1 of 21 (817 views)
Shortcut
hi all, cocker spaniel owner Can't Post

hi all, so glad Smileto be here, i have been visiting this website long long time ago....but never think of log in, just dunno y....finally i'm here. i have a black cocker spaniel n 2 guinea pigs. i love my cocker spaniel so much, but i dun see many ppl have this breed as mostly ppl will get shih tzu or other toy breed. in fact i love big dogs like Lab n Golden Retriever, since my apt is not allowed, i started to notice medium size breed dog, and i have come across cocker spaniel. My black cocker spaniel is so adorable. He's shiny black!! and i named him Jayzee, he's so cool with the red basketball jersey. O ya, he's already 4 months old, but very smart, he already toilet trained, and know some basic command like stay, sit, up, and hand hand. the most attractive part of him must be his human hair-like shiny black hair and a pair of big round eyes. i really fall in love with him at the first sight. hope to get to know other cocker spaniel owner too!

Cheers

Alexia

Toy
K9 Maniac

May 10, 2005, 7:17 PM

Post #2 of 21 (802 views)
Shortcut
Re: [alexia] hi all, cocker spaniel owner [In reply to] Can't Post

halo, welcome here. in the avatar is ur cocker? or..

nicky_spykeaz
Doggyman

May 10, 2005, 8:21 PM

Post #3 of 21 (797 views)
Shortcut

welcome to the forum...i am sure you can find alot of cocker spaniel lover in here....
big breed is darn nice..i got few myself..love them to death.....

Cheers ya,

Nicki the Devil live by the reputation of the name

boBby is a craz3 car PassaNger
Fat FaT other case Elegant Car GuEst
What make Me?
A LoYal huMan Driver.... Frown

NoBody is Prefect, Guess What i am Nobody
Nice to meet YOu

(Bobby+Nicky craze JT memBer)

BoBby San DogstEr
http://www.dogster.com/?158414

http://spykeaz-devil.blogspot.com/

ladee_m
Doggyman

May 11, 2005, 5:08 AM

Post #4 of 21 (782 views)
Shortcut

Ello

Welcome welcome Smile hope u have lotsa fun here meeting many many nice ppl & many cocker spaniel owners too... ENJOY Wink

CLICK ON =>Poodles' Friendly Gang ListSmile

I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult.

sheilakhiew
Dog Kichi

May 11, 2005, 8:33 PM

Post #5 of 21 (772 views)
Shortcut

Smile Smile Hi and welcome to this family.

I have a female english cocker spaniel and her name is Tammy. She is abt 1 yr & 1 mth old. Regarding her size now, like shihtzu's size only & maybe she wont' grow big anymore (cos' this type - shld be big). I have asked my vet before why her size is like that & his reply is maybe when she is a baby, she didnt' get more nutrional or vitamins frm her mummy (cos' her mom gave birth to 12 little puppies). But I still love her v.v.v. much and the others too. She is cute Angelic and smart too, etc. Sometimes when u are angry with her when she's naughty, she knows cos' she look at u with her sad looking eyes, pitiful look until u dun feel like scolding, punish her, etc. She understands. U know lah. Wink

I hope someone can help me regarding my Tammy . Cos I need some advice and help or etc regarding her . Cos' she is having demodex but now slowly recovering. But I understand frm my Vet (a kind, helpful, understanding gentleman) that it is very common in english cocker spaniel.

It really breaks my heart UnsureUnimpressedFrown to see her now in this situation . I really love her very ...... muchie cos I treat her like one of my kids. Its heartbreaking to see her like this. No matter how she looks like or what, I still love her vvvvvv muchie. According to the Vet, it takes time to cure or heal this disease.

Now she's is getting better cos my Vet gave her some medication (itchy, antibiotic pills and some watery liquid - which is poisionous - that means after bathing her and dry her, then only rub her with cotton wool with this liquid every 3 days). Oh, sorry I didnt' mention where the demodex is located. It can be found near her mouth, neck, her legs (for eg. I saw some of the dogs having this kind of disease in the internet). Underneath her skin is dry, peeling skin (is it how u phrase or say). I do gave her Cod Liver Oil Pills to eat too.

I am giving her Nutro Choice - Puppy Lamb & Rice (Dry). I have asked some rgding dog food - like what is the best choice - some say "Canidae" , California Natural - Puppy Lamb & Rice, etc. Cos I dun want to keep changing her food. Pl advise.

Please do give me advice and help on this cos' I hope to see her getting better and happier before this. Before this, she was very lively, happy, etc.

Smile SmileSmileSmileSmile really, truly appreciated all your advice and help.

Once again, thank you v. much.

Smile

NB: sorry for been long winded, etc. (chong hei - cantonese version). TongueWink

sheilakhiew
Dog Kichi

May 12, 2005, 8:23 PM

Post #6 of 21 (764 views)
Shortcut

hello!

Sorry to have trouble u. I'm not sure whether have you seen my message rgding my ecs (Tammy) when i reply to your message.

Hope u or anybody in this family can help or give advice on this.

SmileSmile once again thank you.

Oh! by the way do u know anybody else that have ecs or ecs club, etc.

Sheila

sheilakhiew
Dog Kichi

May 12, 2005, 8:37 PM

Post #7 of 21 (763 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sheilakhiew] hi all, cocker spaniel owner [In reply to] Can't Post

SmileHello everybody in the family.

Hope anyone can help me on my ecs (Tammy) that I've posted below.

Do you know anyone else that owns an ecs or ecs Club, etc.

Smile Once again, thank you.

Sheila

alexia
Novice

May 17, 2005, 8:34 PM

Post #8 of 21 (741 views)
Shortcut

i'm so sorry Unsureto know about Tammy, perhaps u can ask opinion from other Vet? as i have no idea on that.

daniel
Enthusiast

May 18, 2005, 1:16 AM

Post #9 of 21 (726 views)
Shortcut

aiyaa.. dun worry lah.. this type of penyakit sure can cure wan lan.. last time both my cocker also kena.. no problem wan.. after one month medication and treatment from vet sure kau tim wan..

mines last time i sent to upm. they did skin scraping to confirm then gave MALASEB shampoo and medication.. in less than 2 weeks they stop scratching already and 4 weeks the fur all grow back liao.

!!!!!WARNING!!!!!
DUN TALK TO ME IF YOU ARE EASILY OFFENDED.
COS I'M A DAMM KWAILAN FELLA OK!!!

sheilakhiew
Dog Kichi

May 18, 2005, 6:13 PM

Post #10 of 21 (715 views)
Shortcut
Re: [daniel] hi all, cocker spaniel owner [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile Hi

Anyway thank you very much for your concern and advice.

May I ask whereabout is your vet located (upm) and is it expensive? Maybye I can bring my Tammy to the vet. Cos' once and for all I dun wanna to see her suffer and memang kesian lah FrownUnsure.

If you dun mind me asking 2 much, how old are both your ecs, male or female, are they fully grown (cos' mine according to the vet, she wont' grow much - size like shihtzu lah). Alamak! But anyway I love her vvvvvery much. I'm new and not good @ dog jaga etc, so in future, I hope I can ask you questions abt this and that, if you dun mind lah. Smile

By the way, are u the Daniel that stays in Subang Jaya and have a few champion, pretty, handsome, etc. ecs.

Once again thank you.

Rgds/SHEILA

sheilakhiew
Dog Kichi

May 18, 2005, 6:24 PM

Post #11 of 21 (714 views)
Shortcut

SmileAnyway thank you alexia for your reply.

Do keep in touch lah.SmileSmile

Rgds

SHEILA

daniel
Enthusiast

May 18, 2005, 6:51 PM

Post #12 of 21 (713 views)
Shortcut

the vet is actually the vetinary dept of UNIVERSITY PUTRA MALAYSIA lah.. you go to the uni's main entrance, ask the guard, isi borang and he will direct you there lah. but they close very early hor about 3.30pm. quite cheap lah skin scraping test for one dog and medication and shampoo for 2 dogs (one month period) cost me below RM120 lah

But keep in mind lah.. vet good or not depend on your luck lah.. today the vet good mood cos strike lottery he treat youg dog good lah.. if he argue with wife and lost then sorry for you lah on that day.

me no have ecs have acs but about the same character lah cos last time had one ecs before. now one male 5yr old liao and female 4 year old. the male quite down already but the female still act like puppy SlySlySly. both also hitam color wan..

how old your dog?? if below 10 months female still got chance to grow lah.. but is undersize or oversize also no problem lah.. human also lidat mah.. got one memer here, his id is veteren he is only 5ft 3 but his younger brother is 6ft tall.. how to explain??

you can ask all the questions you wan but i dun have all the answer wan lah.. you think i dog guru meh..

no lah me not from subang. i dun show dogs wan lah. me daniel from kampung baru lah. i think show dogs are bimbos' LaughLaughLaugh

!!!!!WARNING!!!!!

sheilakhiew
Dog Kichi

May 18, 2005, 7:13 PM

Post #13 of 21 (709 views)
Shortcut

Thank you so much for your information and answers to my questions.

My Tammy is 1 yr and 1 mth old only lah.

So sorry abt yr male dog but dun worry be happy always SlySmile

Anyway u know more than me lah. Wink

Thanks/Rgds

SHEILA

daniel
Enthusiast

May 18, 2005, 7:22 PM

Post #14 of 21 (708 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Thank you so much for your information and answers to my questions.

My Tammy is 1 yr and 1 mth old only lah.

So sorry abt yr male dog but dun worry be happy always SlySmile

Anyway u know more than me lah. Wink

Thanks/Rgds

SHEILA

CHOI! CHOI! CHOI! TAI KAT LAI SZE...

nothing wrong with my male dog lah.. i was meaning he now not as notti as before already.. acting his age. very kwai already not like me and my female dog.. we still act like small kid and puppy SlySlySly

no lah, i only know about my own dog more than you.. as you will know about your own dog more than anyone else.

yalah faster cure tammy lah.. see them scratch until fur drop off very heart pain also lah..

!!!!!WARNING!!!!!

sheilakhiew
Dog Kichi

May 18, 2005, 7:40 PM

Post #15 of 21 (703 views)
Shortcut

Tongue sorry abt that.

Once again thank you for the prompt reply.

alexia
Novice

May 18, 2005, 10:30 PM

Post #16 of 21 (697 views)
Shortcut

hi daniel, can i see ur black acs yea? seldom see ppl get black one.. someone mistake my small little Jayzee(ecs) as shih tzu, sob sob...maybe too black cannot see the ears.

daniel
Enthusiast

May 18, 2005, 10:35 PM

Post #17 of 21 (696 views)
Shortcut

hey!! you lucky lah.. my dog when botak that time been mistaken for mongrel ok!! wait ah i cari gambar.. dunno where put liao

!!!!!WARNING!!!!!

daniel
Enthusiast

May 18, 2005, 10:51 PM

Post #18 of 21 (689 views)
Shortcut

aiyoo.. dunno how to upload liao...

!!!!!WARNING!!!!!

BomBom
Enthusiast

May 19, 2005, 5:59 AM

Post #19 of 21 (680 views)
Shortcut

Hi Daniel.

Suddenly you surface from where ah? And banyak cakap in the forum also ah.

How have you been? Join us JT again lah.
|\_/|
|0 0|
( O )
""^""
All Dogs go to Heaven
Some Owners go to Hell

daniel
Enthusiast

May 19, 2005, 5:14 PM

Post #20 of 21 (677 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BomBom] hi all, cocker spaniel owner [In reply to] Can't Post

heheheheheh i forgot the url thats why long time never come in.. heheheheh now i remember liao so i'm back kekekekek

!!!!!WARNING!!!!!

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

May 19, 2005, 6:14 PM

Post #21 of 21 (672 views)
Shortcut

Hi Alexia,

Warm welcome to the forum here, ur blackie very adorable ! all furry like a lil lamb.

cheers,
minglmy

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my