Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Members' Area: Members' Introduction:
an Impatient starter Learning from zero!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

andychin
Novice

May 10, 2005, 6:14 AM

Post #1 of 66 (1919 views)
Shortcut
an Impatient starter Learning from zero! Can't Post

Howie boys and girls.. i am totally new here. just got validated. so posted this msg.

newly bought a cross breed, schnauzer x shih tzu. my wife, extremely happy about it. She never had a puppy before and was dreaming day and night. N i had experience with 'kampung' doggie. (those DON'T need to take care.. haha) So, when we were in the pet shop, sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much she wanted to ask bout. initially we want to buy this pup coz is extremely cheap (we look around before, n this is the cheapest. as far as we know). ok, spent few hundred on that spot. brought back and play with it.

Just now, came back from work. so happy to see her. After meal, start poo n pee (as usual). then hoh.. SHE VOMIT! i wonder why. i was so scared u know. coz she was like.. building up something. (like incredible hulk building up.. haha) i was just simply SCARED. then she vomit. clean up loh. later brought her to hav a light walk. she was reluctant. n i just keep pull n pull. not really, just directed .. then came back. give her a shower. i know doggie doesnt really like to take bath (am i rite?). just reluctant.. but anyway, my point here is, after she get shower, still STINKY. hm.. maybe is too flurry. then hoh.. my wife want to dry blow her.. mana tau, bite my darling oh. and puppy was so aggressive. then my wife just release her. she jumping around, running, rolling, wateva, like just wan to waste all energy. i wonder this is normal. AND THEN, she was like wan to vomit again. I WAS SCARED AGAIN!. my wife convince me, n herself actually, 'she was just hiccap.!' .haha... anyway, just a few secs, puppy want to rest edi. now she is in her cage sleeping like... ball, rather more like prawn. actually, i am afraid that, she died. pray not... hopefulyl she bark NOW. n midnite, n tomolo morning. so that at least i know she is still alive.

sigh... tomolo gonna call up the pet shop to get advisory.. anyway, gotta go. see ya ladies n gentlemen.
-----------------------------------------------------------
new doggy life.. Angelistically Angelized Angelist.

babyface_joey
Novice

May 10, 2005, 10:45 PM

Post #2 of 66 (1896 views)
Shortcut
Re: [andychin] an Impatient starter Learning from zero! [In reply to] Can't Post

hey.. just wanna welcome u to the forum. im surprise to hear such a case happenin to a dog. i hope everythin will b fine to ur lil one.

andychin
Novice

May 10, 2005, 10:49 PM

Post #3 of 66 (1895 views)
Shortcut
Re: [babyface_joey] an Impatient starter Learning from zero! [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks for your welcome. ya, hopefully it will be just fine. anyway, this morning, she was so active. running all around. just like normal. er.. PRAY, she will be fine.

babyface_joey
Novice

May 10, 2005, 11:24 PM

Post #4 of 66 (1886 views)
Shortcut
Re: [andychin] an Impatient starter Learning from zero! [In reply to] Can't Post

yeah.. puppies are like tat. how old is ur dog by the way. n where did u get ur dog. it seems cute. heheheh...

ladee_m
Doggyman

May 11, 2005, 4:39 AM

Post #5 of 66 (1881 views)
Shortcut

Ello Smile

Welcome welcome 2 u & ur wife & ur new pup... the bestest time u'll have & cherish is witnessing ur pup grow up... its like caring for a bb... so welcome to puppy parenting Cool...

Vomit... depending on many reasons... recently a fren just got a pup too & the pup also vomitted first few days upon arriving home... later she realize that it was coz of the food... pups have smaller tummy so they cannot handle too much food at once... try seperating the meals to smaller portions each time u feed... u may wanna soak the kibbles in a little water b4 give her the food...

How old is ur pup?... has she completed her vaccinations?... wud like to suggest u to keep her indoors till she has completed her vaccinations... there are many airbond deseases & other equally deadly deseases hovering out there... a young pup may not be able to battle the viruses... the vaccinations will help boost her immunity...

There is this kind of stomach flu that is going around... some doggies I know have picked it up & signs are vommiting... so pls be ware...

I wish u the best & congratulations again on ur puppy parenting quest... do keep us updated on ur furkid

CLICK ON =>Poodles' Friendly Gang ListSmile

I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult.

andychin
Novice

May 11, 2005, 5:33 AM

Post #6 of 66 (1875 views)
Shortcut
Re: [babyface_joey] an Impatient starter Learning from zero! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
yeah.. puppies are like tat. how old is ur dog by the way. n where did u get ur dog. it seems cute. heheheh...

YEA, SHE IS CUTE! (ok, at least for me...:p).she is 2mths+. Cert will be taken this Thursday. So exact info will only know later. As I really dunno much. I got her frm pet shop of Pudu, called Lee Pet. The shop seems very good reputation, as when i was there about an hour+, i can see ppl coming in and out. by the way, tat has 4 shih tzu and a beagle far sale. a schnauzer preparing for groomin. hehe.. my wife was just exciting and keep saying, 'I want this I want this.' so, bought for her loh. (she pay me back partly lah..heheh)

hey ladee, thanks for ur welcome. by the way, now trying to housebreaking her. today she never poo after her meal, but was few hrs after that. i wonder y. early morning i brought her for a walk at the corridor outside my door only. n she poo there. then the whole day never poo. only a moment just now, she poo in her den.. argGgghh.HhhHh... it was bout 3 hrs after her meal. wondering...

reminder: very new learner here.. so, alot to learn... thanks for all the voice there. u guys are awesome.

babyface_joey
Novice

May 11, 2005, 7:59 PM

Post #7 of 66 (1869 views)
Shortcut

she is still a baby so i think its quite normal for her to poo everywhere. this is when she is startin to learn. so b patient lor..

kitconnie78
ALPHA

May 12, 2005, 12:15 AM

Post #8 of 66 (1862 views)
Shortcut

Hi welcome to the forum,

I think is best to take your puppy to go to the vet for check up. Does the puppy have vaccination? That is important. Normally puppy will bite when you blow hair or something like combing hair. When the puppy get use to it will be ok. Try not be scared of the puppy or when she grows up you will have problem handling it. One more thing don't bath your puppy too often that will be unwise as this will make the puppy weak and easily fall sick.

One more thing. I thought you said your puppy is a shih tzu mix schnauzer. How can you have cert for the puppy. That is impossible.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ? , ":./
| ;];]c_)
Cool kitconnie78 is the owner of Blush Bibi, Smile Eden, Minmin (Silky Terrier), Tongue Momo (M. Schnaunzer) Laugh Gobi (pug) Sly Magic (Border Collie) and Frown Ariel

(This post was edited by kitconnie78 on May 12, 2005, 12:19 AM)

andychin
Novice

May 12, 2005, 6:25 PM

Post #9 of 66 (1847 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kitconnie78] an Impatient starter Learning from zero! [In reply to] Can't Post

^ alrite, i have mistake stated. i shld go get the medical card, instead of cert. sorry sorry.

my Angel she dun have schedule to poo n pee one? she just do it.. but is not so frequent. only morning n evening. i just wonder why is not after meal, before sleep, n first thing in the morning. hm.. n she just dun wan to do it in the place i wanted. but anyway, i just locked her up in the balcony, at least that place i feel easier to clean up. haha. How do i lock up her?... er.. with collar chain, n let her walk around in the balcony loh. so that she will not jump down from balcony.. haha.. as, my balcony is possible for her to jump down. fifth floor, able to let her die at that hieght.. heheh..

nozzy
K9 Kaki

May 12, 2005, 7:14 PM

Post #10 of 66 (1844 views)
Shortcut

Hi 1st of all would like to wlecome you to this forum!

well getting a new puppy was not easy for me also, where we need to go thru the hozbreaking process but at the end of the day you will feel so proud for wat yer puppy did. so have more patience! results does not come in a day, but depending to the dog...mine is a fast learner and picked up the thing i taught in one day.

Pee & poo will take some time to train also, since your puppy is new in yer hoz she will just pee & poo whenever she likes it. There is no timing for them BUT normally will do it after "makan". For adult dogs some are so used to go out to poo where the dog will make some kinda of indication. So it all depend on how you train yer puppy.

You have to spend more time & attetion on your puppy becoz she is stil small, but do not pampered her too much..you should show the puppy as if you are the head of the family then your wife is 2nd then your puppy.

Bitting is their instinct, do buy her some toy to play & bite coz puppy has itchy teeth. so you will expect her to bite your sofa, shoe, newspaper and anything in sight teach her not bite tat, try slapping mildly on the mouth although books remedy is to apply some kinda solution tat tasted bad.

She should not be a problem on health since she is active anough to run and jump around, it might be the changed of food. Locking her at the balcony is not a good idea, I presummed that you lived in apartment. She may bark(noisy) at strangers and also moving objects...so this will create attention as you know nowadays there are so many new rulings implemented and we do not want other non-dog lovers to have negative thinking & perception. Maybe you could try putting her in a cage or play pen(which is bigger space) in your living hall for the time being not forgetting some toys to get her occipied for the day.

Anyway, happy trying!

nozzy

" Pantai + Chilli = Havoc"

andychin
Novice

May 12, 2005, 8:03 PM

Post #11 of 66 (1839 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nozzy] an Impatient starter Learning from zero! [In reply to] Can't Post

haha.. thanks for yer welcome.

misunderstood oh. ok, let me clarify. when i am not at home (working time), i let her into her den. i only put her to balcony, when she wants to poo. which i assume is early morning, after meal and before sleep. very interesting this. She NEVER barks. mute?. dunno., seems not.

anyway, i am patient (at least for now). i am very proud of owning Angel.so no problem i think. problemis, Angel was bought because of my wife. she wants a cute puppy since long ago. but now she seems regret. coz she feels tat, taking care of puppy are so much different with playing with others cute puppy. yes, this one i definitely know. actually i have prepared for this. haha..

nozzy
K9 Kaki

May 12, 2005, 8:09 PM

Post #12 of 66 (1837 views)
Shortcut

well sorry if i misunderstood, anyway taking care of a puppy is really different with playin others' dog. So have patience....have fun with your ANGEL..

nozzy

andychin
Novice

May 13, 2005, 6:58 PM

Post #13 of 66 (1831 views)
Shortcut

yo people. just want to make sure something. my puppy, she doesnt give any sign when she wants to pee n poo. seems like, when she want to go, just free let it out. several times, when i see she snift around the floor. i quickly bring her to the newspaper. tapi, she doesnt want to pee or poo. haiya.. wasted my energy to run to her and pick her up n run to the newspaper. haha.. wat i am doing to ler pee n poo is, i chain her up at the balcony, so tat she cant run away from the balcony. i put a newspaper there, with a drop of the 'hsebreaking kit' liquid. frm the pet shop, they says is for puppy to learn to pee n poo at designate place. but it doesnt seem to work. i assume that liquid drop only release some aroma, which doggy will recognize. but is not some aroma which encourage puppy to pee or poo. anyway, so... in the balcony. she WILL NEVER EVER pee n poo on the newspaper, but anywhere in the balcony. i just wonder u guys, train puppy to pee n poo on newspaper, will they go to the small area of the newspaper? u know lah, the size of star paper. haha.. i feel like got cheated to buy teh hsebreaking liquid. is quite expensive oh that small bottle. sigh...

kitconnie78
ALPHA

May 13, 2005, 9:44 PM

Post #14 of 66 (1826 views)
Shortcut

Oh I see. Just a misunderstanding. Normally you can ask your dog to pee and poo at a place you want. You need to watch out for your dog. When your dog is like wanting to pee or poo quickly pick her up and put in the place you her to be. You need to repeat a lot of times and be patient. Slowly your dog will get the idea. My dogs sleep with me in my room and doesn't pee or poo until I let her out in the garden.

Anyway your method of chaning the dog in the blacony is alright as well. Just try to be flexible and I am sure things will turn out fine.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ;];]c_)
Cool kitconnie78 is the owner of Blush Bibi, Smile Eden, Minmin (Silky Terrier), Tongue Momo (M. Schnaunzer) Laugh Gobi (pug) Sly Magic (Border Collie) and Frown Ariel

andychin
Novice

May 13, 2005, 9:51 PM

Post #15 of 66 (1822 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kitconnie78] an Impatient starter Learning from zero! [In reply to] Can't Post

my puppy very dirty woh. cant stand if she sleep with me. even after bathing, still smelly. yucks. is there any perfume or talcum which can cleanse up puppy ah. hehe..

nozzy
K9 Kaki

May 13, 2005, 11:24 PM

Post #16 of 66 (1820 views)
Shortcut

Well wat kitconnie said was rite, u need to be patient to train its not a one day job!

BTW u can find some dog shampoo tat really smells nice. My dogs get smelly after one day of bath too, so i think its a normal thing. Oh yeah there is smth called "mink oil" to apply on dogs tat makes tat smell nice.

nozzy

shirelo
Dog Kichi

May 14, 2005, 12:34 AM

Post #17 of 66 (1813 views)
Shortcut

I clean up my pup everyday.

Mon-Fri, I use dry shampoo powder (for doggie use). Bcox when i come back home already very late.

Sat, Sun & holidays, I will use shampoo to clean up.

So, my pup is smell nice, & her fur also very smooth.

Maybe u can try this.
Cool

andychin
Novice

May 14, 2005, 12:38 AM

Post #18 of 66 (1812 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shirelo] an Impatient starter Learning from zero! [In reply to] Can't Post

no woh.. i heard that puppy doesnt need to bath evryday rite?. n i am quite sure, if u have time, u will bath ur puppy everyday too.. rite?.. hehe.. where to get this dry shampoo powder hah?

shirelo
Dog Kichi

May 14, 2005, 1:20 AM

Post #19 of 66 (1809 views)
Shortcut

I dun like my doggie smelly & dirty, and also keep my pet clean.

You rite. Dog can't bath everyday. But, i only use a dry shampoo powder & a dry towel. I din use water at all. So, my pet won't get cold. Normally it's use for the pet shop for grooming.

u can get it any pet shop.

Wink

kewvirus
Enthusiast

May 14, 2005, 8:46 AM

Post #20 of 66 (1800 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Bitting is their instinct, do buy her some toy to play & bite coz puppy has itchy teeth. so you will expect her to bite your sofa, shoe, newspaper and anything in sight teach her not bite tat, try slapping mildly on the mouth although books remedy is to apply some kinda solution tat tasted bad.

hi there , well can i ask that is that any solution can stop my puppy from biting us... haizz pening now he likes to bite watever he wan especially out hand n feet.. n nowadays start to bite harder... when he bite me i say nooooo then give me a slap but he bite even harder haizz... the vet say not to slap him cos scare we slap his nose.. n some tell me when he bite jus give him a slap until he not dare to bite ....Do u have any idea wat i can do?? he likes to bite slipper a lot when we grab away from him n scold him he will become like bit crazy n run all over the house n barking Pls help me solve this out~
Frown ....
Frown Frown

nozzy
K9 Kaki

May 16, 2005, 5:40 PM

Post #21 of 66 (1782 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kewvirus] an Impatient starter Learning from zero! [In reply to] Can't Post

Err the way i train my dogs are really kinda hard.

When they were small they used to bite hands whenever you try to hold or pat them and they loved bitting slippers. So whenever they try to bite your hand, try grabbing the snout and close it tightly not letting the dog to open the mouth until the dog really whine. Let the dog go and try patting them again, rerpeat the similar process untill your dog does not bite your hand. on the slipper thing, i slap the mouth with the slipper they bitten until they recognize which slipper is not for bitting. Well this was how I trained them. I used cane to cane them if they r naughty, even when they sneaked out of the house I did caned them hard so that they remember not to go out without me & a leash.

hope this helps.

nozzy

andychin
Novice

May 16, 2005, 6:00 PM

Post #22 of 66 (1781 views)
Shortcut

my pup really dun have a schedule to poo n pee. very hard to keep an eye on her 24-7. i got my work to do. yesterday she only poo once in the morning n the whole never. i wonder.. naughty lah she. yet too cute for not to have it. hehe..

nozzy
K9 Kaki

May 16, 2005, 6:39 PM

Post #23 of 66 (1778 views)
Shortcut

My dogs also does not have the exact time to pee & poo but they did it outside. I know its kinda hard to observe 24/7 even i dun do tat.

nozzy

kitconnie78
ALPHA

May 16, 2005, 11:46 PM

Post #24 of 66 (1768 views)
Shortcut

Depend on the food you feed your dog. Don't simply give food to your dog except kibbles. Some brand of dog food gives bad smell and some don't. So this depend on your dog suitable to the food. You can try to give apple cider to your dog. It helps to reduce smell. Just mix some of it in the dog's drinking water that is good for health too.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ;];]c_)

andychin
Novice

May 17, 2005, 12:51 AM

Post #25 of 66 (1763 views)
Shortcut

er.. i think the dog food is a good one leh.. er. i just cant recall what is the name, sure is not scienceDiet. ok, let you know later when i back home ok. now at office. very cold, miss Angel so much. hopefully she dun poo n pee in the cage. AND EAT HER POO TOO! yucks.. disgusting.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my