Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: General:
URGENT Help Needed

Wolverine
Novice

Apr 2, 2003, 7:40 AM

Post #1 of 2 (559 views)
Shortcut
URGENT Help Needed Can't Post

I Have a 1 year Ol Miniature Schnauzer and recently bought another Silky terrier pup...but my 1 year ol MS is rather or extremely curious and at times hostile toward the pup...think i am at a dead end...how can i help them accept each other ? any literature out there to help
Very truly yours,

Webmaster
Allen Jonathan
President ADI

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To subscribe to monthly newsletter please email toby@asiamail.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

minidinosaur
Novice

Apr 4, 2003, 8:17 PM

Post #2 of 2 (538 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Wolverine] URGENT Help Needed [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I Have a 1 year Ol Miniature Schnauzer and recently bought another Silky terrier pup...but my 1 year ol MS is rather or extremely curious and at times hostile toward the pup...think i am at a dead end...how can i help them accept each other ? any literature out there to help

i dun have any literature to help, but u never mention that if both of them are males. if both are, then u might be caught, cos most of the male want to be the leader of the pack. hence, could be the reason why they hostile towards each other.

what u might and can do is to spend time with both your dogs. try to play with them together and let them play with each other with u watching. but do not atempt to let them play with 1 ball without u ard. cos they might fight over it.

now, if they are both females or 1 male and 1 female, do not worry, it could be they are still new and they are not used to each other. takes time to know each other.

another possible reason is because your MS felt that it places is being threatend. attention will be lesser on MS so ur MS angry with the new dog. spend time with your MS, and let your MS know that the attention and love is not being taken away.

u can solve this, by doing everytime with the MS first. for instance, feed MS first, bath MS first, walk MS first. give treats to MS first. this might help too.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my