First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

phoenix
K9 Kaki

May 5, 2005, 6:45 PM

Post #1 of 28 (4917 views)
Shortcut
Selayang Baru Anti-Dogs Association Can't Post

Extracted from The Star, 5th May 2005, Page 3

Meanwhile, some 6,000 signatures were collected from the Selayang Baru Anti-Dogs Association in protest against the keeping of dogs as pets.

Chairman Low Kim Hean urged the authorities to speed up the implementation of a revised Animals Act.

He claimed that about 30% of the signatories were non-Malays.

This (keeping of dogs) is bad for unity in our multi-racial society.

We hope the Government will implement the Act so that it will reduce (racial) friction, he said. Bernama

Imagine!!! A housing community with an ANTI-DOG ASSOCIATION!!!!! Unbelievable!

"The reason a dog has so many friends, is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue"
- Anonymous

The Poisoned One speaks

icezcream
Ultra ALPHA

May 5, 2005, 8:57 PM

Post #2 of 28 (4890 views)
Shortcut
Re: [phoenix] Selayang Baru Anti-Dogs Association [In reply to] Can't Post

Anti-Dogs Association? HAH!!

Let's start a petition to get rid of Anti-Dogs Association!Shall we?

-= There are no bad breeds, just bad breeding=-

Got Dalmatian??Click Here..
Got Mixed Breed??Click here...

Ballistic

May 5, 2005, 9:19 PM

Post #3 of 28 (4886 views)
Shortcut
Re: [icezcream] Selayang Baru Anti-Dogs Association [In reply to] Can't Post

I've said so many times we should petition against the rules imposed on dog owners, but everyone seem to be afried of getting into trouble, look at what others are doing. We could easily get a petition (out numbering 6000 easy) out to the government on our disapproval about our dogs and our right about the ridicules ruling.

- A dog is for life, not just for Christmas -

icezcream
Ultra ALPHA

May 5, 2005, 9:26 PM

Post #4 of 28 (4883 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ballistic] Selayang Baru Anti-Dogs Association [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry Ballistic. I must have missed out on your posting regarding this.Blush So Sorry

Do we have a valid petition that everyone here can pen down their initials?? From SPCA,PAWS or anyone??

-= There are no bad breeds, just bad breeding=-

Got Dalmatian??Click Here..
Got Mixed Breed??Click here...

chrisong
Doggyman

May 5, 2005, 10:11 PM

Post #5 of 28 (4878 views)
Shortcut

We should start a petition for our dogs Now.

It seem that no one is doing anything about this matter. We can't just keep quite and doing nothing and let this Stupid Anti-Dog Assiociation and others authorities to say and do what ever they want. What make me Mad is this Anti-Dog Assiociation chairman is a Chinese!!!Mad This F**ker must be bitten by a dog before.

Any suggestion?

kgb0y
Novice

May 6, 2005, 1:21 AM

Post #6 of 28 (4859 views)
Shortcut

The Anti Dogs Association members must be a bunch of moron's. They think without dogs in Malaysia, they will no no racial problem meh? What we should get rid of is them!!!

PSY
K9 Kaki

May 6, 2005, 1:25 AM

Post #7 of 28 (4859 views)
Shortcut

Hi phoenix,

Glad you caught the article, I woke up this morning and realise I cannot have 6,000 Selayang Baru residence leaving in the same state as I am , my dogs suggested they should move out........to pluto. These people are weird, if you want to start something like this ask god why he created these animals, well maybe ask a dog as if you spell it backwards.... well likely to be the animal closeset to god.

(This post was edited by PSY on May 6, 2005, 1:28 AM)

Ballistic

May 6, 2005, 2:50 AM

Post #8 of 28 (4845 views)
Shortcut

there is no need to apologize, I did not mean it as an angry note. I'm just saying that we need to actually write a petition to be passed around and later to be submitted to the star or any other supportive press. Problem is who could boil all these information down into a letter... I’ll be happy to come over and sign it.

hector
Novice

May 6, 2005, 7:52 AM

Post #9 of 28 (4823 views)
Shortcut

Hi member,

Please Can somebody tell this anti-dog chairman don't mixed racial and keeping dog together. we do have some rights
hector

Gus-Gus
Canine Addict

May 6, 2005, 8:01 AM

Post #10 of 28 (4822 views)
Shortcut

Horrible! Horrible! Horrible! I'm so glad I don't live in Selayang or near any idiotic people like that.

It's hard to know where to start to tackle deranged notions that keeping dogs is divisive in a multi-racial country. The Paws with a Cause meeting is a good time for all those who are concerned about the draconian dog keeping rules to get together and make their feelings known. Talk to the SPCA because they are our strongest voice. There is a good chance the SPCA will have a petition going already. The Head of the Vet Dept will also be there and the Vet Dept too has their own concerns about dogs being abandoned if illogical rulings like the ones bandied around come into being. Don't assume that all Malays are anti-dog because they are not. On the whole Malays don't keep dogs but they don't condone unfair actions against dogs.

It's a sad day for Malaysia when a serious social issue like racial unity can be abused and used as a means by which to further one's own cock-eyed cause - a mindless campaign against dogs.

Meantime, Selayang residents with dogs, don't lose heart that a ridiculous group like the Selayang Anti-Dog Association can get far. If they really manage to ban dog ownership in Selayang, it won't last long. When robbers, burglars and petty criminals know that there are no dogs in Selayang, you can be sure the crime rate will sky rocket. Dog lovers will almost definitely leave the area and that will impact on the area economically. The long term negative effects of banning dogs far outweighs any benefits. We know that and it's time the anti-dog people find that out too.

"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated" Mahatma Ghandi.

phoenix
K9 Kaki

May 6, 2005, 5:13 PM

Post #11 of 28 (4812 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ALL] Selayang Baru Anti-Dogs Association [In reply to] Can't Post

When I read that last few paragraphs, I was speechless!!! Absolutely speechless!! Dogs have already been under heavy scrutiny the past few weeks and I don't need another idiotic association like this one to make things worst!

My word to those imbeciles....(comments emailed to the editor of The Star)

Chairman, my 4$$!! I'm disgusted and appalled that a local housing community has an anti-dogs association. Ironically, the main purpose of banning dogs WILL already cause racial disharmony. What were you thinking, Chairman Low? And with all due respect, what has dogs got to do with racial harmony? Have dogs ever chosen to attack non-dog lovers? Dogs can't tell the difference between Chinese or Malay. Neither can they differentiate a bad owner from a good owner. A multi-racial society must be able to accept and tolerate dogs, regardless of whether people like them or not. Don't blame dogs and ban them for problems that were created by people in the first place. Humans are the biggest culprits, and those that suggest going against dogs is definitely no better.

What about setting up associations that solve problems and educate the community in the long run? Tell me, Mr. Chairman, would you say fighting a dog is better than fighting a robber OR vice versa? From my regular visits to Selayang Baru, all I can see is that the condition of the township leaves much to be desired. From dirty restaurant backlanes, to potholed ridden roads, to stinking dumping bins and rubbish strewn everywhere. Sad to say, which also mirrors the mentality of the chairman and its members of an obnoxious association.

"The reason a dog has so many friends, is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue"
- Anonymous

The Poisoned One speaks

Ballistic

May 6, 2005, 5:47 PM

Post #12 of 28 (4802 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gus-Gus] Selayang Baru Anti-Dogs Association [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah, I think speaking to the Vet dept. and SPCA would be great... unfortunately I'll be away till 9th and will miss the event altogether

Gus-Gus
Canine Addict

May 6, 2005, 6:44 PM

Post #13 of 28 (4796 views)
Shortcut

Well said. I was so shocked by the absurd claim that dog ownership was racially divisive. I wondered what went on in the heads of the members of the association to come up with this sort of illogical thinking and even form an association to further their cause. It must be really loud in there.

"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated" Mahatma Ghandi.

Toy
K9 Maniac

May 8, 2005, 6:33 AM

Post #14 of 28 (4714 views)
Shortcut

do u all think that those 6000 signatures is true? think abt it. if they impose full name & ic, well i will say it is true, if vice versa, need not me to say. i can easily do that too, maybe 1 day? haha!

extracted from my e-mail Dear Dog Lovers, I just found out that PUPPY.com.my is organizing the Paws in the Park, Paws for a Cause Day on May 8, 2005 at Central Park , Bandar Utama, Kuala Lumpur, starting from 8:30am till 2:30pm. I strongly believe that if we could make our appearance in this routine event, we can actually voice out our concern to all the visitors and dog lovers during that. This is a good chance for us to gain more support especially we are targeting right at those dog lovers.

Regards, Nicholas Chang

Gus-Gus
Canine Addict

May 8, 2005, 10:13 AM

Post #15 of 28 (4703 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Toy] Selayang Baru Anti-Dogs Association [In reply to] Can't Post

Sure I believe there could be 6000 signatures but I sincerely doubt if all the 6,000 signatures belong to RESIDENTS of Selayang Baru. After all, all because it's called the Selayang Baru Anti-Dog Association, there is no proof that only Selayang Baru residents signed the petition. I also doubt if it is a legally registered entity. We can create a thread in this forum and call it the Anti-Selayang Baru Anti-Dog Association. It's got the word "Association" in the title but all because we call it that doesn't make it an association in the legal sense of the word.

I believe that the Selayang Baru Anti-Dog Association is just a group of anti-dog idiots who got together to make noise about dog ownership and to make themselves sound more authoritative, called themselves an association. But let us not underestimate the potential of a group like that to cause problems for dog owners. We don't need to panic but we need to keep ourselves informed about our legal rights and support animal welfare groups like the SPCA and PAWS because they are our strongest voice. If you are able to, go to the Paws with a Cause Day and make your support felt.

Finally, there may be 6,000 people willing to sign a petition against dogs but there are several tens of thousands more who may not be dog lovers but are not dog-haters either. We need to get the support of the "Fence Sitters". The easiest way to do so is to be responsible dog owners. Act with consideration towards those who are not familiar with dogs. If their experiences with dogs are not unpleasant, they will have less reason to be unpleasant to dogs.

(This post was edited by Gus-Gus on May 8, 2005, 10:15 AM)

khoo262
Enthusiast

May 11, 2005, 6:12 PM

Post #16 of 28 (4637 views)
Shortcut

I am not surprised at all. Dogs are usually owned by....... cats owned by .....most probably the stupid president is trying to kiss up to somebody higher up. Maybe we can have signature campaign to vote him as 'the idiot of the year'
finally..... khoo262 has come back to puppy.com

khoo262
Enthusiast

May 11, 2005, 9:39 PM

Post #17 of 28 (4627 views)
Shortcut

Hi all,

Please read the rebuttal from a reader regarding the stuppid association :

thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2005/5/10/focus/10885311&sec=focus

Great work Lisa!!

ginger_pie
Enthusiast

May 12, 2005, 9:55 PM

Post #18 of 28 (4588 views)
Shortcut
Re: [khoo262] Selayang Baru Anti-Dogs Association [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh my god, i'm stayed at selayang jaya,nearby selayang baru. how ar? dunno affect my area or not?Unsure if yes, cham lor.

Gandhi said, "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you and then they fight you -- and you win."

Rhyno & Romeo photos

(lastest upload : 13 May 2005)

robros
K9 Maniac

May 12, 2005, 11:34 PM

Post #19 of 28 (4581 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginger_pie] Selayang Baru Anti-Dogs Association [In reply to] Can't Post

Dun worry about this stupid Anti-Dog Association. I bet they are not even registered with the ROC. Illegal bunch of creeps trying to kiss the ______ race arse.

So banning dogs can improve racial unity? What about banning cats...if other races dun like? Can meh? Even worse racial disharmony, right?? I like cats and had a few before but they are hard to control and I tied my poor kitty up with a very long leash to avoid her ronda-ing the neighbourhood. Dun want my neighbours to complain.

I pray and pray that MPPJ will not follow the footsteps of MPSA. Like that die-lah, I have 2 rotties and if I have to give up my dogs to the authorities, I think I will memberontak!!! Oledi 9 years with me, now they want me to give them up? Gila or what??

khoo262
Enthusiast

May 13, 2005, 11:41 PM

Post #20 of 28 (4560 views)
Shortcut
Re: [robros] Selayang Baru Anti-Dogs Association [In reply to] Can't Post

you put you cat on a leash?? can meh? as far as i know, they will bite the leash until putus...then disappear....go kacau somebody's kitchen.

coffee

May 14, 2005, 9:16 PM

Post #21 of 28 (4545 views)
Shortcut
Re: [robros] Selayang Baru Anti-Dogs Association [In reply to] Can't Post

I agree. Just ignore them. What can they do? Sometime people just want to get famous. Wow, your name appear in Newspaper, big deal. They can't do anything unless they have some nonsense to back them up. Like someone suggested put all the HIV carrier and AIDS patient into a deserted island. Talk without thinking, full of shit. May be the same person will suggest put all the dog owner into one big island and declared Malaysia to be the first country in the world to be free from canine. For you information, not even Saudi Arab is free from dog.

Goldii
Dog Kichi

May 15, 2005, 5:39 AM

Post #22 of 28 (4532 views)
Shortcut
Re: [coffee] Selayang Baru Anti-Dogs Association [In reply to] Can't Post

Yah don't like dog. Dog dirty, Dog smelly, Dog bite people but when need help like

cari survivors in building runtuh, Cari missing ppl in jungle, need dogS for help.

What da double standard!!! The other day, a stray bitch save a baby. Say what now?

I read ppl throw away newborn babies yet this dog saved one. Now who is dangerous?

Someone mentioned to me that the entire putrajaya is dog free? No licence is issued coz

not allowed?

khoo262
Enthusiast

May 18, 2005, 8:43 PM

Post #23 of 28 (4479 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Goldii] Selayang Baru Anti-Dogs Association [In reply to] Can't Post

Nope...I've seen dogs in Putrajaya. Good breeds too. Seen a couple of GSD as well as Labs.

robros
K9 Maniac

May 19, 2005, 1:56 AM

Post #24 of 28 (4474 views)
Shortcut
Re: [khoo262] Selayang Baru Anti-Dogs Association [In reply to] Can't Post

yeh, my siamese kitty grew up on a very, very long leash. she was potty trained. only do in the squat toilet. gave her away when i pity her as i kasihan her. surprisingly at my cat lover friend's place, she did not wear a leash and there were 20 cats in the house. none of the cats went out!

that was my first and last kitty. i like them but much prefer dogs.

Gus-Gus
Canine Addict

May 19, 2005, 11:49 PM

Post #25 of 28 (4447 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Goldii] Selayang Baru Anti-Dogs Association [In reply to] Can't Post

When the civil servants were first made to move to Putrajaya, they were told no pets allowed - no cats or dogs. Most of them delayed their move for as long possible. They were looking for new homes for their pets but lots of them were unable to do so and they had no choice but to send their pets to the SPCA. The SPCA was inundated with cats and dogs which the owners could not find new homes for. There were civil servants driving 3 hours a day to and from work just so that they didn't have to give up their pets.

I think it is very likely that no pets are allowed in Putrjaya still but the local council is turning a blind eye. Very likely the dogs are licenced but by the local council under which the owners lived before the move to Putrajaya.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my