MS owners - Need your advice

aliciakok
Novice

May 5, 2005, 1:13 AM

Post #1 of 7 (1698 views)
Shortcut
MS owners - Need your advice Can't Post

Hi guys!

I intend to get a dog to live in a condo (not a yappy one) . I like an active breed for daily walks. However I dislike most is I have to comb their hair EVERDAY and worst is the shedding.

So far I heard the MS fits the bill.

Please give me an advice....ESPECIALLY MS owners!

Thanks!

Toy
K9 Maniac

May 5, 2005, 3:03 AM

Post #2 of 7 (1686 views)
Shortcut
Re: [aliciakok] MS owners - Need your advice [In reply to] Can't Post

MS is active but actually u need to broom them too as they do have hairs at some part of their body, but if compared to maltese of corse less work.

badguy

May 5, 2005, 4:33 PM

Post #3 of 7 (1674 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Toy] MS owners - Need your advice [In reply to] Can't Post

as an schnauzer owner, i can tell u that if u wann your MS look good

you have to groom him/her every 2 weeks

that is alot of job to do

but if u have a clipper it is a very easy job

but clipper will cost u at least RM 300++

so i prefer to used manual style

gladyslcp

May 6, 2005, 8:03 PM

Post #4 of 7 (1653 views)
Shortcut

Hi alicia...

i live in an apartment and have a MS & lhasa apso. So far, i've no problem with both these breed... lhasa need lots of grooming if u keep its fur long.... but if u keep it short (puppy cut), no problem la...

as for MS, wat badguy say is quite true... if u wan yr ms to look good, really need to groom their back fur at least once every two weeks....other than that... no problem la... my MS now fashioned quite a long back fur... :) about time to groom it... ;)

But whatever breed it is... i think grooming or brushing the coat shouldnt be a problem .. cause when u found your furkids, u will do it willingly and u wont find it such a big hassle to do so.... ;)

Gladys (Sunshine & Rumba)

aliciakok
Novice

May 7, 2005, 12:15 AM

Post #5 of 7 (1642 views)
Shortcut
Re: [gladyslcp] MS owners - Need your advice [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Gladyslcp,

This is great news! You're the first I've heard with an MS in a confined environment. Is that your MS in the pic? He is very CUTE! Do you hv more?

I love to meet yr dogs esp yr MS and also get great advice. Any chance you're going for the dog event on 8th May? =)

kenken
Dog Kichi

May 7, 2005, 7:37 PM

Post #6 of 7 (1639 views)
Shortcut

Should see alot of MS tomorrow no worries on getting advice.

gladyslcp

May 10, 2005, 10:52 PM

Post #7 of 7 (1615 views)
Shortcut

Hey Alicia,

Sorry for this late reply... jus saw this thread today... Tongue

Well, so far Sunshine is doing alright living in my 1000++ sq feet apartment... hehehehe.... no moody syndrome or or under exercise.... Angelic

I'll show u some of her photos within the next few days... gotta go home and snap some...hehehehe....

Like i mentioned earlier, the thing with MS is, you need to clip their back fur quite often so that they will have the cute MS look.... so, a 'clipper' is a must have if u are getting a MS... I am in the midst of getting one now too...;) Cannot tahan send her to groomer all the time... pok kai already...Unsure

I would be most glad to meet up with you to share more info.... where do u stay? maybe we can plan something... Wink

Gladys (Sunshine & Rumba)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my