First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

PSY
K9 Kaki

Jun 16, 2005, 3:34 AM

Post #26 of 44 (2021 views)
Shortcut
Re: [darenong] Shah Alam Banned some breeds. [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow,

I think I have really step on your toes, do apologise, maybe my english as deteriated to a point that I do not understand what I have read and what was written. I really did not see "we chinese" actually mean"we dog owners/lovers". Issue of religion plays a main part here and it is rather difficult or should I saw a delicate subject to compromise.

Got to go, I shall be refraining from getting into this subject.

Good day to you.

darenong
Enthusiast

Jun 17, 2005, 3:09 AM

Post #27 of 44 (2001 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PSY] Shah Alam Banned some breeds. [In reply to] Can't Post

hahaha dude be cool ... im sorry if i made u uneasy aniways i don even remembered much of what ive said and need to read back ... haha
aniways ... check out the website all

http://www.mka.org.my/E-mails.htm

FrownFrownSimba - the Shih Tzu kingFrownFrown
http://spaces.msn.com/...lt&_c=photoalbum
Dogster me! @ http://www.dogster.com/?156485

Pets they said are men's best friend. Are men pets best guardian?

ngkl
Novice

Jun 17, 2005, 4:27 PM

Post #28 of 44 (1983 views)
Shortcut

hi, just to let u all know, the person who had 3 dogs that harm the little kiddo at Puchong, being sentences to 6 months jailed and fined RM2K.

PSY
K9 Kaki

Jun 17, 2005, 8:07 PM

Post #29 of 44 (1974 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ngkl] Shah Alam Banned some breeds. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Thanks for the infor. I saw in the papers already. Do agree with the sentence of 6 months but I feel the fine should be higher at least twice, why, because owners like you and booker (read your other thread) do not have to face problems like this anymore and yet the banning thing is still not settle. Do wish you all the best and for support you may need in terms of numbers drop me a line, you Rottie owners have it.

ngkl
Novice

Jun 20, 2005, 5:22 PM

Post #30 of 44 (1942 views)
Shortcut

I do really hope that Natalie will win this war so that we as the owner of Rottie will feel proud because we own them.

LONG LIFE THE ROTTWEILER

Kevin Chuan
ALPHA

Jun 20, 2005, 11:11 PM

Post #31 of 44 (1936 views)
Shortcut

Hi... Natalie is in Ukraine now and she will only be back on August...

ngkl
Novice

Jun 21, 2005, 11:54 PM

Post #32 of 44 (1918 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Kevin Chuan] Shah Alam Banned some breeds. [In reply to] Can't Post

haiyo yo yo.. who is taking care for the war plan now? is the mission still on?

jooann_koh
Dog Kichi

Jul 28, 2005, 9:28 AM

Post #33 of 44 (1883 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jooann] Shah Alam Banned some breeds. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey !! our names are 70% the same !!! I'm Joo Ann too...haha nice to meet u

APPK

Aug 3, 2005, 8:23 AM

Post #34 of 44 (1837 views)
Shortcut

HI EVERYONE,

HI,I AM EDDIE AND I OWNED UP TO 100 OVER AMERICAN PITBULL TERRIERS SINCE 1986 TILL NOW,JUST 2 YEARS AGO,I STILL HAVE 50 OVER DOGS WITH ME BUT NOW ONLY 6.WELL,THIS BREED IS ALREADY BANNED FROM IMPORTS MANY YEARS AGO,BECAUSE OF NEGATIVE PUBLICITY FROM FOREIGN COUNTRIES AND NOT IN MALAYSIA.THERE WAS NEVER A SINGLE RECORDED INCIDENT OF PITBULL ATTACKS IN MALAYSIA,YET THIS BREED WAS BANNED.LUCKILY I AM NOT BANNED FROM EVEN KEEPING THEM,THAT'S THE GOOD PART.I DON'T AGREE ON THE BAN AT ALL BUT WE SHOULD BLAME IT ON THE OWNERS THEMSELVES.WHAT HAPPENED WAS THAT THE ROTTIE MADE THE ATTACK OUT OF IT'S COMPOUND AND THAT IS HARD TO DENY THAT,IF IT HAPPENED IN THE COMPOUND ITSELF WITH THE ROTTIE DESTROYING THE INTRUDER,THERE IS NOBODY TO BE BLAMED.IF THE DOG ATTACKS OUTSIDE IN PUBLIC WITH OR WITHOUT THE HANDLER BESIDE,THE OWNER WILL STILL BE AT THE WRONG SIDE.THESE ARE THE IRRESPONSIBLE OWNERS WHO CAUSE INNOCENT OWNERS TO SUFFER.PUT ASIDE THE BAN,MY FRIEND FROM JOHOR WHO IMPORTED HIS ROTTIE AS A PUP FROM AUSTRALIA 3 YEARS AGO HAS TO PART WITH HIS DOG WHEN HIS NEIGHBOUR KEPT HARRASSING HIM OVER HIS DOG AFTER THE NEIGHBOUR READ ABOUT THE NEWS OF THE ATTACK,HE SENT THE DOG TO ME,THIS IS A ROTTIE WHICH WOULDN'T HURT A FLY AND WITHIN 3 DAYS WITH ME ,HE GIVES HORSE RIDES TO MY 2 YEAR OLD BABY.WELL' IT'S NOT BANNED IN JOHOR BUT MY FRIEND SUFFERED THE SAME AND I EXPECT A LOT OF OTHERS ARE EXPERIENCING THE SAME TOO.SO,IN ORDER NOT TO FACE WORSE SITUATION,WE SHOULD GO FOR RESPONBILITY FIRST.TO LEARN RESPONSIBILITY,GET TO KNOW YOUR DOGS FIRST,CHARACTER,TEMPERAMENT AND WHAT ARE OUR DOGS AGRRESIVE TO AND WHAT WARNS YOU THAT YOUR DOG IS GOING TO ATTACK.I HOPE THAT EVERYONE WILL STOP ON THE 'RACE 'THING,BELIEVE ME,IT WILL ONLY MAKE THINGS WORST.BEAR IN MIND,YOU DO NOT KNOW WHO IS WATCHING THIS FORUM,DO YOU?HAVE A GOOD DAY

JoeSmith
K9 Maniac

Aug 3, 2005, 5:46 PM

Post #35 of 44 (1831 views)
Shortcut
Re: [APPK] Shah Alam Banned some breeds. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Eddie, you have some valuable points regarding responsibility.However, I do not agree to the point to be cautious about “big brother” might be watching this forum. First, nothing posted in our forum is intended to insult or humiliate others. Second, we are not politicians or diplomats; hence, we talk the way we feel about any given topic, without considering or knowing much about the politically or legally correct formulation. Third, the banning breed issue is ridiculous and a move in the wrong direction (that is my personal opinion) because nobody would ban the Proton car just because somebody got killed from this “breed” of car. Last year, more then 6000 people got killed in traffic accidents and GOD knows how many got injured. So banning cars & bikes would seem more justifiable then dog breeds, isn’t it?

PSY
K9 Kaki

Aug 3, 2005, 6:35 PM

Post #36 of 44 (1819 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

great to hear from you and I agree with your views to the tee, particularly about knowledge of a breed that one may like to own instead of "aiyah so cute must get one" thingy. I do hope owners read your reply and would be owners too before deciding on a breed.

PSY
K9 Kaki

Aug 3, 2005, 6:43 PM

Post #37 of 44 (1817 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JoeSmith] Shah Alam Banned some breeds. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Please try to understand, Malaysians are a bloody sensitive lot hence the "race" and "religion" issue are brought to the forefront plus a little inferiority complex, (my opinion). When these word are brought up people feel that they have lost or some are just to nervous to support the issue. So, I do feel strongly, lets not bring up the subject and solve the problem. A lot of our worries are self-impose by asking ourself the smallest word ever and has the most meaning ever "IF". For me . I would ask question like "will the authority (local council) guarantee 100% my house will not be broken into when I am away and when I am fast asleep, if 'Yes' I shall find new homes for them today, and this I am serious.

JoeSmith
K9 Maniac

Aug 4, 2005, 12:30 AM

Post #38 of 44 (1804 views)
Shortcut

Well, I am sensitive too. Wink

I do not consider my dog to be my guardian (guardian angel probably) but my companion, which I love very much.

For me might be easy talking (as an expat), but I would rather leave the country then giving up my dog.

It is very sad that more and more species are extinct or standing just in front of it, just because we are lacking tolerance (ban is some sort of this too).My statement regarding road fatalities shows that we are able to tolerate any danger and that we are willing to take any risk, when it is to our benefit and/or comfort. In my opinion, it is not justifiable to ban any breed of dog just because one dog went berserk. It should be judged on a case-to-case basis as like, as any crime would be judged. Consideration to the circumstances and living conditions should be given and the latter should weigh heavily on the owner. Anyway, we will see how the issue will progress.

APPK

Aug 4, 2005, 10:45 AM

Post #39 of 44 (1786 views)
Shortcut

HI JOE,I DO AGREE THAT IT'S NOT FAIR FOR BANNING THE BREED WHEN JUST ONE DOG GONE BESERK.THEY COULD HAVE JUST TAKE THE DOG AWAY AND THAT WOULD HAVE JUSTIFY EVERYTHING.WHAT ABOUT THE OWNER?HE PLEAD UNGUILTY,IT MEANS THAT HE SHOWS NO REMORSE.HE COULD HAVE SETTLED THE ISSUE OUT OF COURT BUT DID HE?IF HE DIDN'T,THEN HE MUST HAVE FELT THAT HE IS NOT IN THE WRONG.WHAT I BELIEVE,IF YOU LOVE THE DOG,BE RESPONSIBLE OVER HIM AND IF YOU DON'T,THE AUTHORITIES WILL BE COMING AFTER YOU AND TAKE AWAY YOUR BELOVED COMPANION OFF YOU.WELL,YOU ARE RIGHT,IT MIGHT BE EASIER FOR YOU TO DISCUSS THIS MATTER FREELY(YOU ARE AN EXPAT).I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT ANY(BIG BROTHERS)WATCHING OVER THIS FORUM,I AM TALKING ABOUT AUTHORITIES WHOM WOULD BE COMING AFTER ANYBODY WHO IS GOING TO START ANY RACE/RELIGION CONTROVERSY OVER......A PET FORUM..?YES,YOU MENTIONED THAT WE ARE NOT DISCUSSING ANYTHING ILLEGAL,THIS TOPIC ON RACES/RELIGION IS ILLEGAL,IN MALAYSIA.TRY TO MAINTAIN FOCUS ON THE MATTER ITSELF,CAUSE THE BAN IS ALREADY BAD ENOUGH AND WE DO NOT WANT ANY DOG OWNERS TO FALL INTO DEEPER TROUBLE...WITH THE LAW.NO OFFENSE JOE,I JUST WANT ALL OF US TO FIGHT FOR THE RIGHT THINGS THE RIGHT WAY.

JoeSmith
K9 Maniac

Aug 4, 2005, 8:38 PM

Post #40 of 44 (1781 views)
Shortcut

OK, points noted.

There are two scenarios: the owner shows no remorse, because he knows why the dog did attack this person, but can’t tell it openly. You mentioned already that some topics might be “off-limit” here in Malaysia. OR, he does not care about the dogs, human beings or his community.I am just upset that it seems the new trend throughout the world to ban and/or punish dogs for its irresponsible and careless owner.

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 23, 2005, 8:06 AM

Post #41 of 44 (1731 views)
Shortcut

JoeSmith

Yah, lots of things are sensitive & "Missing".. for example why do the dog attacks the kid as they normally wont.. wat the kid had done & cause this happen? Crazy

Regards,

Yang

PSY
K9 Kaki

Oct 24, 2005, 7:24 AM

Post #42 of 44 (1705 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leecy] Shah Alam Banned some breeds. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi leecy,

My compliments from the other thread is for your response and question you ask and comments you make, just like the one you have done here, it was not for that particular posting. Comments made on that thread was and is getting a lot rediculous and not really help to solve the problem at hand.

ilya
Novice

Dec 21, 2005, 2:11 AM

Post #43 of 44 (1657 views)
Shortcut
Re: [darenong] Shah Alam Banned some breeds. [In reply to] Can't Post

I dont think race is an issue, its just the group of people who want to have things go their way. If you own a pet and you dont train it or socialize it enough, any neighbor will be irritated from the noise and stench.

jc_05
New User

Dec 22, 2005, 10:23 PM

Post #44 of 44 (1624 views)
Shortcut

Hi, i'm new here and I have a 5 year old Rotti named Nelson. We may be moving to Shah Alam area sometime next year. Is the ban still on for this breed? What if I keep him indoors..can the MBSA still take action?

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my