Shah Alam Banned some breeds.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

ngkl
Novice

May 3, 2005, 8:17 PM

Post #1 of 44 (4916 views)
Shortcut
Shah Alam Banned some breeds. Can't Post

Hi all, I assumed that all of us that love our K9, have read the news about Shah Alam council have banned some of the breed at their area. I think MKA should do something about it. Otherwise some other district will try to follow and I don't want my dog will be put to sleep for nothing or given to someone who doesn't love them at all.

This MBSA have gone beyond their capabilities. They should consult people in MKA rather than only talking with their own race. They cannot simply create certain rules to suit their own kind.

Pls! sign here to show your support.

Ng Kim Loon

Toy
K9 Maniac

May 5, 2005, 3:05 AM

Post #2 of 44 (4872 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ngkl] Shah Alam Banned some breeds. [In reply to] Can't Post

I will support for the sake of dogs.

jooann
Enthusiast

May 6, 2005, 12:42 AM

Post #3 of 44 (4851 views)
Shortcut

I do not support the ban! Mad

Tongue Joo Ann N Sushi

carmensuki
Novice

May 11, 2005, 9:44 AM

Post #4 of 44 (4800 views)
Shortcut

never never ever agree with the ban system! gosh! i cant live without my dogs!!!!!!!!!!
~* NoVa & BamBam*~ <----My BabiEs

Raphael
Dog Kichi

May 16, 2005, 12:32 AM

Post #5 of 44 (4771 views)
Shortcut

what breeds did they ban?everyone should understand that the rest of breeds will follow,you say not my problem,untill your turn comes,and no one will stand for you,,why?because no one left,,all banned already by then

you wasting your time waiting for MKA,,there is no $$$$$$$$$$$$ involved,,so no intrest for them

if you really concerned,find out who's hand the disicion in,,who can change this nonesence,,get thier adress,post here,,we all write REQUESTING and BEGGING them to reconsider

ngkl
Novice

May 18, 2005, 9:29 PM

Post #6 of 44 (4730 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Raphael] Shah Alam Banned some breeds. [In reply to] Can't Post

Unsure hie,

Try to write to ms.Nata... she is creating this petition for us to sign n send them back to MBSA. her email is nata4rotty@yahoo.com.

This MBSA banned 8 breeds of dog.. 1st one is the Rottweiller.,...others i couldn't remember their breed name... i think some are american bulldog, pit bull, napolean mastiff, ..sorry.. can't actually get all their name.

PSY
K9 Kaki

May 19, 2005, 3:23 AM

Post #7 of 44 (4718 views)
Shortcut

Thanks will look into the petition. As for breeds, I am only interested in the Rotties others I do agree should be ban as I have seen them when I was in Europe and they can be a handful.

ngkl
Novice

May 21, 2005, 5:49 PM

Post #8 of 44 (4658 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PSY] Shah Alam Banned some breeds. [In reply to] Can't Post

yes. do help out... they need 50K names and signatures. let's work hard together to support them.

PSY
K9 Kaki

May 21, 2005, 10:07 PM

Post #9 of 44 (4650 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

Thanks for acknowledging my reply. I think the lady's name is Natasha Chien. I have drop her and e-mail but no reply yet. I shall follow up on it over the holliday.

Cheerio for now.

Kevin Chuan
ALPHA

Jun 7, 2005, 11:51 PM

Post #10 of 44 (4598 views)
Shortcut

Shah Alam Council Banned: Rotty, Neopolitan Mastiff, American Bulldog, American Pit bull terrier, Filla, Akita, Tosa Inu, Dogo Argentino

They know nuts about dogs... these are fine breeds and if the banned them by according to the fierce look of them... so what about;

Presa, Caucasian Shepherd, Tibetan Mastiff, Dogue De Bordaux and etc...? There are no bad dogs only bad owner, I should say...

FXXX!!!!! Malaysia Boleh

vinkuan
Enthusiast

Jun 8, 2005, 2:34 AM

Post #11 of 44 (4596 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Kevin Chuan] Shah Alam Banned some breeds. [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Shah Alam Council Banned: Rotty, Neopolitan Mastiff, American Bulldog, American Pit bull terrier, Filla, Akita, Tosa Inu, Dogo Argentino

They know nuts about dogs... these are fine breeds and if the banned them by according to the fierce look of them... so what about;

Presa, Caucasian Shepherd, Tibetan Mastiff, Dogue De Bordaux and etc...? There are no bad dogs only bad owner, I should say...

FXXX!!!!! Malaysia Boleh

Hey, Kevin... you stay in Shah Alam?? Crazy Seems like you hate that rules so much.... Blush

Anyway... I don't support it as well. Do think that it's stupid idea to banned those breed. And totally no idea why they want to ban American Bulldog. I guess they will try to apply this to entire malaysia (just the matter of time -- if no one stand up and say anything). Pirate

===================================

Photos.......(Last Update- 08/09/05)
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gordenthebox/

(This post was edited by vinkuan on Jun 8, 2005, 2:42 AM)

Kevin Chuan
ALPHA

Jun 8, 2005, 7:15 AM

Post #12 of 44 (4583 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vinkuan] Shah Alam Banned some breeds. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey Vinkuan,

I'm from Penang... I disagree with this rules because once it is started and it may continue applicable to other states... As far as I understand (by refering to the website of Kementerian Haiwan Malaysia) besides these new banned list, the do have an existing list and breed under the old list are Bull terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier, American Staffordshire Bull Terrier (this is just a small to medium size dog) I don't see what is the reason they banned it????? And further more they are also fine breeds. They do have an restrickted breed like Rotty (now banned in Shah Alam already), Dobberman, Bull Mastiff and few more breed. And the old list is actually applicable to all states in M'sia.

I have one AST, and will try to get another 1 or 2 more in the near future. AST is also in the list, I'm sure that those guys do not understanding dogs much maybe not at all. It depends on how you train your dogs... and those guys just simply banned these breed maybe according to their look. I read the article, and they do mentioned that these breed bark very often and lough and this will disturb the neighbourhood at night. FUNNY!!! Do you think the dogs will bark to the air??? Starys dogs, cats, strangers or maybe vehicles they are barking at, a barking dog is a good guard dog. Further more I don't think that these breeds will bark more than breeds from hound group. Don't you think so?

Those who proposed this list are sucker, seconder are FXXKer, the one who approved are mother FXXker. What to do? Malaysia Boleh!!!!

ngkl
Novice

Jun 8, 2005, 4:34 PM

Post #13 of 44 (4569 views)
Shortcut

hie everyone, try to cool down a bit. I think this bunch of F or S people from the council still need approval from the parliment. So guys, be cool. While waiting for the approval, we mustn't stop doing nothing. We still need everyone support to sign the petition. The more the merrier. Shows to them that they can't simply impose rules on their owns.

They are a lot of dogs lover here in Malaysia.

JoeSmith
K9 Maniac

Jun 8, 2005, 7:49 PM

Post #14 of 44 (4562 views)
Shortcut

Hi, just try to get an update. How is it going? Any petition handed over?

Personally, I have no clue about the reasons to ban a dog. However, I would support it the other way around. Some dog owners should not be allowed to have a dog. Not based on race, culture, breed or color but based on lack of responsibility, love & care.

PSY
K9 Kaki

Jun 9, 2005, 6:29 AM

Post #15 of 44 (4543 views)
Shortcut

Hi Kevin,

I can see your point, but I do however agree with the ban on these breeds (not Rotties) simply because a lot of people out there not like you can handle and look after these dogs. Imagine if something happen again with these other breeds all hell will break loose .... again. I have read a lot of opinions given but till today I have not read anything concerning training owners and dogs. I do not profess to be an expert but I know for a fact that my Dob and Weimer listen to me 100% but for the rest of my family they tend to challenge them alittle whereby they have to raise their voice to get things done. In most cases for me a hand signal will get what I want so how are we going to have a well train dog whereby you the alpha so call dog is not around. On the other hand I have a Dane too, that useless girl, everyone is her alpha dog and she is the oldest in the house. Hence, coming back to why I agree to ban some of these dogs is the alpha dog is not around so who is the leader.

My objective now is training my nephews to dominate them and trust me it is not easy as the dogs will response when I am nearby but if I am out of sight they would challenge them by simply doing things slowly or let me think about your sit command first attitude.

I again do hope I am wrong but I have a notion a good number of us buy a puppy because they are cute and not because I can handle this kind of dog. It is well known JRT, small yet a handful if one has not got that will that is stronger than it, I do applaude JRT owners who can walk their JRT at a good heel.

How do we decide as a community who should have these breed of dogs, I really do not know unless someone can come up with something concrete it is wiser to keep these breeds at bay.

Apologise if I step on some people toes.

Sydney
Doggyman

Jun 9, 2005, 7:09 AM

Post #16 of 44 (4540 views)
Shortcut

I support the dogs! Every dog shouldnt be put to sleep on purpose!!

FrownFrownSidney's DogsterFrown
Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

Kevin Chuan
ALPHA

Jun 9, 2005, 7:39 AM

Post #17 of 44 (4540 views)
Shortcut

This MBSA have gone beyond their capabilities. They should consult people in MKA rather than only talking with their own race. They cannot simply create certain rules to suit their own kind.
......................................................................................................

Hi PSY.... read the statement above... I agree with that. They don't like dogs, when ever there's a dog bites sure they will blame the dog... but I'm very sure most of us here have seen their children running and shouting in front of our gate and teasing our dog, and THEIR PARENTS DO NOTHING about their children behavior.

I'm a businessman, and I'm travel a lot all over in M'sia... have you guys been to Kelantan before? Do you notice that you can hardly see stray dogs in that state... do you know why?

I have personally seen something like this; An about 3 months old puppy (stray pup) were following a Malay child... it was just following him(not running after him) and this child walk by the coffee shop (Malay Coffee shop) where I was sitting in, and one of the customer sitting at the other table suddenly ran to the poor puppy with his HAMMER, and hit the puppy to death. OK, don't tell me that they don't know that was just a puppy, why must they do so? That was an animal behavior by killing a 3 months old puppy with an HAMMER somemore!!!!!

They are not well educated by the government (because the government are their own kind), and also brought up in a such family. I'm sure most of us will teach our children do not teas the animals, not like them... their parents just keep quite even they see something wrong (or maybe they don't know that was wrong). If the government can came out with anti dadah, anti estersy, anti-smooking or what so ever campain, why don't they teach the public especially their own kind not to teas the animal?

You have your point..., as you said those breeds might be hard to handle, but they may set a rules like those who wants to keep these breeds need to apply a special license, or maybe those who wants to keep this breeds, they are not allowed to keep more than certain number, maybe with a proper cage spacious enough for the dog, or even maybe they have to pay extra like our road tax. the larger breed you want to keep, the more you have to pay.

Ini ialah Malaysia, masyarakat berbilang kaum, keharmonian dan salin hormat menghormati adalah kerbangaan kita sebagai anak Malaysia. But I don't see any respectation when they set this rules.

Again, Malaysia Boleh apa pun boleh for their own kind. DON"T YOU THINK SO.

ngkl
Novice

Jun 9, 2005, 9:34 PM

Post #18 of 44 (4525 views)
Shortcut

Oh my god! If this thing happens in front of my eyes, I think I'll risk my life for the poor puppy. How could a human being did this? a thing in this world will serve their purpose, why human wanted to destroy them without any reasons?

Om Mani Padme Hum.

Kevin Chuan
ALPHA

Jun 9, 2005, 11:04 PM

Post #19 of 44 (4517 views)
Shortcut

Hey Ng... I felt like want to stop him... but then I dare not. Know why? coz that is Kelantan, 95% their own kind... I might get beaten by them if I try to stop them.

Again Mereka Boleh! Depa Boleh! Kita ??? Diam saja BOLEH!!!

PSY
K9 Kaki

Jun 10, 2005, 4:39 AM

Post #20 of 44 (4511 views)
Shortcut

Hi Kevin,

I can appreciate the trauma witnessing that stupid act however my concern are about the dogs which everyone is but if you notice the reasons are full of complications. For me, I do not wish to see a dog any dog relocated, put down and bite anyone so if these dogs or breeds that are bred for a purpose originally may have to resort to their natural instinct due ignorant behaviour from ignorant people. Example the Rottie, if the Star did publish the whole story, the owner is to blame as far as I understand the dog was let out to do it's business and so on seeing a bunch of menacing kids that use to taunt it, it did the next best thing go for them. Now one dog, one owner, just like one stupid 'ignoramise' with the hammer. My concern are the other Rotties owners thinking they have a killer dog, my family trying to relocate them, I am concern with that and believe there were apparently a lot of phone calls to M.K.A. asking for assistance for relocation.

Now if we do not have these breeds the innocent do not need to be up rooted, that is how I see it. The "their people" "my people" do not apply as I do know a number so call supposed "no dogs" do have dogs so your views are pretty harsh. I do like your idea of special license for these so call"banned breeds" too but again tell me how many dog owners do take licenses for their dogs?

As for Shah Alam, well if there are enough people I am sure one can get him remove, my area did to our councillor when he propose to change our resident status area to a business status. He sort of disappeared after awhile.

As I have said nothing against the breeds concern, just the trauma of uprooting them due to one stupid owner.

ngkl
Novice

Jun 15, 2005, 5:41 PM

Post #21 of 44 (4474 views)
Shortcut

I think they don't have the right to implement these nuisance rules. We shall see.

darenong
Enthusiast

Jun 15, 2005, 8:27 PM

Post #22 of 44 (4468 views)
Shortcut

if all chinese can voice together .. they`ll be no other race which can be stronger, more efficient, more dedicated, more powerful than us ... i believe it so ....but the thing is ... we cant unite like the others can so .. why blame it on others when we ourselves cant make it happen ? if we were to act earlier by voicing up together .. non of this crap could have existed !

aniway i dont agree AT ALL on the banned ... they should just banned the owner .... cos its FAIR that way .... but then if they have the brains to it ... they might be owning one too lol .. the only race in the world that hates dog ~!!! offended ? i don give a them cos they simply don see things human way!

FrownFrownSimba - the Shih Tzu kingFrownFrown
http://spaces.msn.com/...lt&_c=photoalbum
Dogster me! @ http://www.dogster.com/?156485

Pets they said are men's best friend. Are men pets best guardian?

JoeSmith
K9 Maniac

Jun 15, 2005, 8:35 PM

Post #23 of 44 (4468 views)
Shortcut

I agree with you. However, the Rottis were draught dogs in the past and are still considered (in their home country) as one of the best, easiest to train and very dependable family dogs.

Said that, I think that only experienced people should own this breed. Why? Any untrained dog, which was never socialized, could turn into a nuisance animal but any large breed dog might turn into a liability and into serious danger to the owner, his family and passers-by.

PSY
K9 Kaki

Jun 16, 2005, 1:27 AM

Post #24 of 44 (4459 views)
Shortcut
Re: [darenong] Shah Alam Banned some breeds. [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear darenong,

You must try your hardest not to bring race into this issue, it will not help and do you have any idea there also numerous indians who own a Rotties. just think about it. Beside all this, do you also know our freind whose Rottie maul that little boy just pleaded "Not Guilty" for negligence. For me there is no excuse, as the owner should make certain your compond is secure so since the dog manage to get out it is insecure hence you are guilty. Do not wish to know about kids taunting your dog as you may have read from various threads children always taunts dogs especially big dogs so one should take more care.

Personally there is no two way about it.

Please note I am not talking about banning but responsibility or accountable to the dog and society.

darenong
Enthusiast

Jun 16, 2005, 2:02 AM

Post #25 of 44 (4452 views)
Shortcut

psy,

of course race is the issue here im talking abt unity otherwise there wont be such a thing happening .... furthermore its not only 1 race im talkin abt im talking in general plus its a fact ... i used to grow up living next to an indian family with great danes ... they r responsible owners ... generally i think more indian owners r more responsible than others ... especially big dogs ..... anihow if fact dont mean anything then right or wrong certainly wont mean anything .. ppl just do wat they please ... if the world can accept it why cant they ?! if they dont accept .. then why on earth should i accept their decision ? or watever they think ? goshhh ....
if unity means anything it certainly doesnt make much sense in the chinese ... lol
ok if i offended anyone .. pls just let it go .. cos just my thought .. not my intention :P

FrownFrownSimba - the Shih Tzu kingFrownFrown
http://spaces.msn.com/...lt&_c=photoalbum
Dogster me! @ http://www.dogster.com/?156485

Pets they said are men's best friend. Are men pets best guardian?

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my