How to ship a dog from K.L to Sabah

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Laurence
Novice

Apr 1, 2003, 7:10 PM

Post #1 of 44 (9453 views)
Shortcut
How to ship a dog from K.L to Sabah Can't Post

Angelic Hi there, I am Laurence, I wonder if there is any way to adopt a dog and ship it to Sabah? It does not seem fair that there are so many dogs for adoption in K.L. but none here in Sabah. Can any one help[ me???

May
Old Hand

Apr 1, 2003, 11:18 PM

Post #2 of 44 (9445 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Laurence] How to ship a dog from K.L to Sabah [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Laurence!!

Welcome to the forum.

Since your main intention is to provide a home to a dog that needs it, why don't you visit the SPCA Sarawak if you have spare time. I know it's far but at least you get to see the dog and access its temperament before adopting it. Here goes the address and contact number :-

SPCA Sarawak
Level 4, Wisma Saberkas
93748 Kuching, Sarawak
Tel: 082-251575 Fax: 082-6134600

Besides, you can also plan your holiday in Kuching too.....just my two cents worth.

Peekaboo
Novice

Apr 2, 2003, 1:12 AM

Post #3 of 44 (9439 views)
Shortcut
Re: [May] How to ship a dog from K.L to Sabah [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi May,....sorry to tell you this but it would be impossible for Laurence to do that as Sabah and Kuching does not located on the SAME STATE!!!!!!!!!! One in SABAH and one in SARAWAK The distant would be like Johor and Perlis... Maybe Laurence can try it on Sabah although I don't think Sabah have SPCA or Paws.. I do understand Laurence fustration though...when I was in Sarawak... I have the same thought as you of the availability of dog there..Sigh!!

May
Old Hand

Apr 2, 2003, 1:19 AM

Post #4 of 44 (9437 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Peekaboo] How to ship a dog from K.L to Sabah [In reply to] Can't Post

I know that Sabah and Sarawak are 2 different states and Kuching is far away from Sabah. But just tot of maybe Laurence could plan a holiday trip to Kuching and at the same time visit the SPCA Kuching........at least he got to the see the dog personally and save on shipping too.

IMHO, I think u have to view the dog before deciding to adopt it cos somehow or rather, your little heart will tell you whether to dog is suitable for u or not.....u know, love at first sight....hehehe. So shipping a dog from the peninsular may not be a good idea.

(This post was edited by May on Apr 2, 2003, 1:20 AM)

ffredlee

Apr 3, 2003, 12:25 AM

Post #5 of 44 (9418 views)
Shortcut
Re: [May] How to ship a dog from K.L to Sabah [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear Laurance,

It is quite difficult to get any info or news about dogs for adoption. Unless at Gaya street every sunday, they sold this mix-breed kinda dog but they're ok, not vaccinated yet but some of the pups are really good breed. You can get to buy at pet shop too but adoption centre is non exist, I have checked so far, I can't find any. But there're few dog breeders in Sabah, you can see the ad in local news. Good luck in your search however. If you find any, please share the info with me.

Kota KInabalu, Sabah.

Freda

Laurence
Novice

Apr 4, 2003, 1:01 AM

Post #6 of 44 (9408 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ffredlee] How to ship a dog from K.L to Sabah [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi all,

Thanks for all the info from you all. First of all I will not be going to Kuching as I do have a broken leg and it is not quite all okay yet. Thats what guys do to themselves when they have to do everything by themselves. I am looking to adopt a dog because I know that there are quite a few dogs out there that need a home and their owners do not know where to send them. I am living quite far from Kota Kinabalu, that is in Kota Marudu. I teach english here and am very busy so I do not get to travel much. I am willing to wait for awhile to see if anything comes up but if not finally I will buy a dog. I think that it is a shame on Sabah to have a R.P.C.A. Animals need someone to protect their RightsFrown

wkser
ALPHA

Apr 4, 2003, 6:43 PM

Post #7 of 44 (9400 views)
Shortcut

hi,

welcome to the forum...maybe you can call up SPCA to check if there any branch in sabah....Smile

regards
kangser and nous

ffredlee

Apr 4, 2003, 11:25 PM

Post #8 of 44 (9396 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wkser] How to ship a dog from K.L to Sabah [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear Laurance,

I can't agree more with Laurance but I guess it's great if we living in Sabah start up a club or something here in Sabah. I mean......I understand the frustration of finding a dog shelter to adopt a dog. I know, I tried for a few months...like I said I finally got a pup from Gaya street. (sigh) Then, when I discover tis site, I was so trill!!!

Kota Marudu is Very far from KK and I believe it will be sometimes before you can sort out the dilemma of finding another dog. Still I sympatize with you having broken your leg. I believe there's a RSPCA in Sarawak but not in Sabah. Maybe when you're better, you can check out from some of the pet shop. There's one in Foh Sang, Luyang...and of course weekly market at Gaya street also sell cute pups...you can even bargain for them. I'll look out for you in daily news in anyone one to give up for adoption.Smile

Cheer up.

Regards,

Freda

Freda

Laurence
Novice

Apr 6, 2003, 5:06 AM

Post #9 of 44 (9385 views)
Shortcut

Hi freda,

I think that we ought to get a few people together and start a R.S.P.C.A. I am sure that there must be a lot of animals out there that are not wanted by their familys. Even here in Kota Marudu I have been able to adopt 5 dogs. A couple I past on to people who realy wanted them and the others I kept. Unfortunatly dogs get old and pass on so it has come time to find new to replace the ones that are no longer with me. I said buying a dog is easy but I want to find one that needs a good home. If I buy one then I will not have room to take an unwanted pup or dog. My biggest challenge was when I took on a 5 year old dog. I had him for awhile but he passed on as the former owners never gave him his jabs and I was none the wiser. I am going to hang on for awhile and see if I can find a dog that needs to find a home.

ffredlee

Apr 7, 2003, 2:09 AM

Post #10 of 44 (9379 views)
Shortcut

Dear Laurance,

I agree with you in a way, I tried too, looking for dog for adoption at RSPCA, dog shelter in Sabah...hence the month search but in vain. Since I needed a pup to accompany my Bobby, I just bought one in Gaya street, it's difficult due to lack of resource/info in Sabah..I even ask my office fellow/relatives if they have dogs for adoption...finally our factory dog give birth to 5 pups but they're snatch up like hot cakes. Some of my friend also looking for puppy.

I saw a pair of German sherpard mix in Gaya street this morning. They're so adorableLaugh. I would have bought them if I haven't got 5 dogs at home. Just thought like to know.

I am going to take both Kirara and Bobby to animal health centre in Penampang next week. I'll ask the vet..if she know anyone wants to give up dog for adoption. Hope your leg is better now Smile.

Freda

Laurence
Novice

Apr 10, 2003, 2:47 PM

Post #11 of 44 (9369 views)
Shortcut

HGi Freda,

Sorry I take so long to reply but yesrerday I could not get online for some reason or other. Things have gone from bad to worseUnsure. My little terrier passed away leaving me dogless.Frown Both my dogs were old and I had them for along time and they both came from people that no longer wanted them so at least I can say they had a good home in their final days.Smile Baby as she was called just passed away in her sleep. I think she had been depressed with the passing of Glenda. Well I now have no dogs but I think I will try to connact someone I know to see if his friends have one for sale. He knows a lot of breeders and I hope that I can get one that is no good for showing and can be kept as a pet.

I think the dog I would like is the runt of the litter because that is the dog nobody wants and it is normaly the best oneCrazy Well I have to go . Freda maybe one day I can see your dogs if I am in K.K. My leg is very slow in recovering becuase I broke it when the blade of my grass cutter snapped and hit me in the legPirate. The doctors said it will take about a year so for now I am still hobbling around on crutches. I can drive now and am working hard to get my leg strong againShocked.

Best Regards

Laurence Peverill

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Apr 10, 2003, 5:43 PM

Post #12 of 44 (9367 views)
Shortcut

Hi Laurence!!

So sorry to hear about Glenda and Baby. Frown Frown

I think what you're doing is really great...giving a home to dogs who have no homes. Pity you're in Sabah. You want to adopt a dog from SPCA or PAWS but it's not accessible. over here in KL and PJ there are so many abandoned dogs and puppies who cannot find a home. Frown I hope you can find one soon and I will email a few of my friends in Sabah who have dogs to see where they got their dogs from. Will post up here if I got good news for you.

Meanwhile, Sparkle and I would like to wish u a speedy recovery. Smile

ffredlee

Apr 10, 2003, 5:59 PM

Post #13 of 44 (9366 views)
Shortcut

Dear Laurance,

People usually come to us too, when they want to give up their doggie..maybe they know we're going to take care of these unwanted old dog, we once have a doberman, pure breed given free to us, and he is loyal to us til his last breath. Then my dad ex boss gave him another breed dog (Dunno what breed) he's ok but he bite my bobby so we have to give it to another friend who has no dog and has children who adores them. I notice that the dog is actually good nature but refuse to have others attention shower on other dog..my dad follow up on him and he has a happy life with the other family. My dog got problem too, one that I bought from gaya street, she's hyperactive..but we love her all the same.Blush

If you want to save unwanted dog, gaya street is the place, I notice the dog for sale is normally, hyperactive, full of ticks, fleas and look really tired. I bought Kirara because I pity her, so kesian under the hot sun and the smelly cage.Frown That german sherpard mix is really cute..i dunno whether people has bought them or not, I'll go and see them again this week. Normally people doesn't want the unwanted litter and sell them off cheap, the best one they keep themself.Mad

I am sorry about your leg. Hope you get better really soon.Wink

Freda

Laurence
Novice

Apr 11, 2003, 8:29 PM

Post #14 of 44 (9357 views)
Shortcut

Dear Freda,

Thanks for your reply. I am hoping to find a dog that realy needs a home although I do not think I will be hobbling down Gaya Street soon. I can drive but my leg swells up a lot in the day and I have to keep it on a pillow at night. Going to class is hard enough without going walkie, walkieCool. I am looking for a bigger more active dog that can run and play with me when my leg is betterTongue. Don't know when I will grow upCrazy. If you do happen to find someone who does not want pls contact meSly You can contact me here or call 662878 our code is the same as K.K. I agree with you that some dogs do not fit into some families and do very well with others. It is not the dogs fault but sometimes they just seem to be naughty in one place and angels in anotherAngelic. I had great fun with my dogs and miss them like crazy so I am keeping my eyes open for new dogs. I do have my little chickens and they are fun and even though they follow me everywhere they are still not as great fun as dogs.Pirate I hope to chat soon and best wishes

Warmest regards Laurence

cdmoo
ALPHA

Apr 11, 2003, 9:39 PM

Post #15 of 44 (9353 views)
Shortcut

hi Laurence,

So sorry to hear about your Baby & your condition. Unsure

Speedy recovery!

Smile
regards,

CD Moo

ffredlee

Apr 11, 2003, 10:08 PM

Post #16 of 44 (9352 views)
Shortcut

Hey there Laurance,

Sorry to hear that your leg still unwell.Laugh

I have a bird. I forgot what's the species. You know the type that's black with gold ring on it's forehead and mimick voices. Well it's very beautiful but not chummy like dogs. He bites me when I try to change his water. I prefer dogs to Ted (I call the bird Ted) coz dogs are more friendly. I shall look around if anyone wants to give up their dog. You won't mind if its mix breed, will you? My Bobby and Kirara are both mix breed and I am not so sure what their breeds are. only I figure Bobby looks more like a Goldie Angelic and Kirara like cross between german shepard, collie and Kampung dogSly. I can email their pics to you, you'll be the judge. Still, I love my furkids, they're playful, cute and altogether lovable.

Hope you'll find a big, furry dog to play with soon.Sly

I am going this sunday to gaya street to check out the puppies againSly. They're so cute!

Freda

Laurence
Novice

Apr 12, 2003, 11:10 PM

Post #17 of 44 (9344 views)
Shortcut

Hi there again Freda,

You sure are lucky to have all your dogs. The bird you have is a miner. Ted pecks you every time you change his water. Birds peck and dogs bite. I hope you do not mind me making comments on you english. I am an english tutor and I love my job more than anything in the world.I also speak malay and chinese. Not bad for an orang-putihTongue. Okay only joking. I am a terrible jokerCrazy and tend to drive my students crazyPirate. I love playing with word as words are the spice of lifeSly. I hope you have a great time at Gaya Street. I have been saying for along time that I want to go to Gaya street one Sunday but so far have not been able to do soUnsure.I do hope that a dog turns up for me but i am willing to wait for awhile. I think adopting a dog is so much better than buying one because you are giving a dog that realy needs a home,a home. If you buy one someone else could buy that dog and give it a good home. That is why we need a place for unwanted dogs here so that people like me can go there to find the dog they wantSly. I would take a mixed dog as they are still quite easy to train but would prefer a female because they tend to be better friends and most people like males. Best wishes from

Laurence

ffredlee

Apr 16, 2003, 1:11 AM

Post #18 of 44 (9332 views)
Shortcut

Susah this, I have to mind my English???Crazy Well, it's ok I guess as long you understand what I am saying. Yeah, I check the bird species, it's a mynah. so beautiful and active but I still prefer my two furkids. I didn't go to Gaya Street last Sunday...and haven't log in (the internet) for days.. coz been quite busy these days. I am a quality head in a manufacturing company, so m now very busy auditing.

BTW, do you have email. I took pics of my pets and want to send to you. I know the cat looks scary, but I love him all the same. Have to go. Hope your leg is getting better.

Cai cien, selamat tinggal dan jumpa lagi.Tongue

Freda

Laurence
Novice

Apr 18, 2003, 5:43 AM

Post #19 of 44 (9322 views)
Shortcut

Hi Freda,

Hope that you are well and not working too hard. If you want you can e-mail me at peverill@hotmail.com How are all your dogs? hope that they are well. I wish I could run around with dogs right now but I am sitting here with my leg up on a chair. FrownAfter a day of walking it swells up something nasty.Pirate

You don't have to watch your english around me as I just type and never check the spellings or anythingLaugh. I am not careful with my grammer here eitherTongue. Just have fun chatting to me that is allCrazy. Well I better run or maybe hop as I have some more work to doMad.

Bye for now Laurence

ffredlee

Apr 20, 2003, 12:38 AM

Post #20 of 44 (9317 views)
Shortcut

Hi Laurance,

I hate working but I guess it's my job and somebody has to do it. Still I am happy coming home and have my Bobby and Kirara running to welcome me home. They're cute and adorable. We're going to the vet again to get them both jabs.Tongue Kirara is almost as tall as Bobby, she's 4 mths younger but of course she's a gs-mix...kirara is hyperactive so we have to put her on lease it sadden me but we have to coz she'll rampage everything, from dustbin to my dad toolbox, poor thing, but I let her go at night when everyone's at home.Laugh

BTW, Will send the pics later. Any news bout your quest for dogs? Angelic

Laurence
Novice

Apr 20, 2003, 4:42 PM

Post #21 of 44 (9311 views)
Shortcut

Hi Freda,

I think that if you hate your job maybe you should find something you like to doSly It is a fact of life that we all must workUnsure and you know the saying, No money no talkMad but if you realy hate you job then you should find something you like to do. I never liked my first job and I am much happier teachingWink although kids that do not want to learn drive me crazyTongue. Well at least you have your dogs to release some of the stress. I think your hyperactive dog Kirara needs a lot af exercise. If she is young that is normal. Can you take her for a good run in the evening. You must also find out what she likes, maybe playing ball or something. Dogs are like humans and that is they are not happy unless they are doing what they like to do. The problem is they do not always know what they want to do.Crazy. Anyway there is no news of any dogs for me yet and I have no idea when I can drive to K.K. Two days ago I suddenly got an infection in my leg which has put me back a bit but it is slowly recovering.Unsure It would have been easier if it was just a normal broken bone and not from being hit by a grass cutters bladePirate. Anyway no use crying over spilt milk.

danielly
Dog Kichi

Apr 21, 2003, 3:42 AM

Post #22 of 44 (9306 views)
Shortcut

Hello Freda,Smile

Just want to let you know that I went to gaya st. this morning with my bf & he fell in love with this mixed gs & anjing kg. It was RM100 at first but in the end got it for RM60. The puppy is very clean & quite smart too. Taught her the word 'sit' & i think she got it already. Bringing her to the vet tomorrow for her 1st vaccination. Aiyo, I don't know if I can manage because I'll be getting my min pin next
week. Which vet do you go to?

~danielly~

ffredlee

Apr 21, 2003, 3:53 PM

Post #23 of 44 (9303 views)
Shortcut

Dear Laurance,

Haha, yeah, I used to like my job and good at it too but I got bored, guess I am looking for some freelance job, which mean I don't need an office or I can choose my working time...blah-blah. well. At least Bobby and Kirara is here for me when I am tense. I love to watch Kirara and Bobby play chase, boy, Kirara is fast, we got trouble chasing her if she got into scrap. We do give her lots of space to run around because of her active ways.Sly I just notice yesterday that Kirara is almost as tall as Bobby. she's now only around 4 mth but she's quick to learn and has fast responses. Bobby however is still my favourite, he doesn't run or learn as quick as Kirara but I guess it's just his mood.

FrownSorry to hear that your leg give you so much trouble...hope it's getting better anyway.

Happy Easter to you.

Freda

ffredlee

Apr 21, 2003, 4:00 PM

Post #24 of 44 (9302 views)
Shortcut
Re: [danielly] How to ship a dog from K.L to Sabah [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear danielly,

I went to check out the doggies in Gaya Street too yesterday, didn't bump into you I guess coz I didn't see any gs-mix around but I've seen Shi tzu and some very young pup, I don't thinks its more than a month old. Poor thing, chances of survival is really low. I got my mix pup Kirara there too, she's also GS-mix but I got her for 100. she's worth it...she's really smart and very active...she got sick once but she recover really quick (very good immune system) too. weel, good luck with your puppy.Sly

Freda

ffredlee

Apr 21, 2003, 4:05 PM

Post #25 of 44 (9300 views)
Shortcut

Oh yah Laurance,

I forgot to tell you that I went to doggy centre in Damai and I saw so many people looking for puppies...it's on their sign board. There even some for sale...it might be expensive because it's thorough breed.

I found out that there's so many puppy for sale in Gaya street yesterday...mostly anjing kampung! well hope you find your dog soonWink

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my