Any HOPE for KOPI?

mandolin
Enthusiast

May 3, 2005, 8:46 AM

Post #1 of 13 (2628 views)
Shortcut
Any HOPE for KOPI? Can't Post

Hello Smile Everybody

On the advice of a forum member who cares so much for animals, I am posting this urgent matter here.

KOPI , the mongrel is slated for oblivion. The doggie is awaiting sentence from the dog-nappers.

The big and healthy looking mongel has bitten 3 persons when on a spree from freedom from a neighbour's house. The owner is at his wit's end to do anything but to throw the pet out.

Can someone please comment on the possibility of helping KOPI the ferocious? Your remarks are most welcomed by me and hopefully will give him a reprieve.

Thanks.

(This post was edited by mandolin on May 3, 2005, 8:48 AM)

Toy
K9 Maniac

May 3, 2005, 7:00 PM

Post #2 of 13 (2605 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mandolin] Any HOPE for KOPI? [In reply to] Can't Post

u mean the owner cant keep the dog anymore? cant really understand the story..

mandolin
Enthusiast

May 3, 2005, 7:36 PM

Post #3 of 13 (2600 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Toy] Any HOPE for KOPI? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello Smile Toy

Thanks for answering.....

KOPI has bitten the owner's wife, son and a small boy last month. Apart from the small boy, the others were bitten (requiring stitches in their hands) in their attempts to catch and lead the mongrel home. The mongrel has been with the family for a few years from small and has been on a chain most of the time. There are five members in my neighbour's family and four are frightened of their pet. The mongrel has not been mistreated (neither is he properly trained) and is well looked after. I believe punishing KOPI with a stick to make him obey has contributed to this sorry state of affair.

Help has been sought from PAWS but they are late in coming to take the animal away. The owner has turned to the dog catchers of MPSA as an alternative. KOPI's fate is sealed and I thought it is not the fault of the furkid and would like to seek a way out for all parties.

Thank you again for sharing your comments.

mandolin
Enthusiast

May 3, 2005, 11:09 PM

Post #4 of 13 (2588 views)
Shortcut

Here are 2 pictures of KOPI taken today.

(This post was edited by mandolin on May 3, 2005, 11:11 PM)

Amanda85
Doggyman

May 5, 2005, 2:32 AM

Post #5 of 13 (2549 views)
Shortcut

i think his behavioural might due to the fact that his being chain all the time.

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

mandolin
Enthusiast

May 5, 2005, 5:28 AM

Post #6 of 13 (2541 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] Any HOPE for KOPI? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Smile Amanda85

Could be, could be ...... this won't help the 2-year old KOPI.

Hi KINKI good to meet you and be good.

Thank you for your comment Amanda85.

Toy
K9 Maniac

May 5, 2005, 8:41 AM

Post #7 of 13 (2527 views)
Shortcut

yap, if the dog is always chain, will be more agressive. whr is the dog now?

mandolin
Enthusiast

May 5, 2005, 8:51 AM

Post #8 of 13 (2518 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Toy] Any HOPE for KOPI? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello Smile Toy,

Nice to have you back......I can still hear his bark from my house. KOPI is under sentence but the furkid does not know it. Will let this forum knows the day KOPI is taken away Frown for good. I am counting the days.

robros
K9 Maniac

May 7, 2005, 1:10 AM

Post #9 of 13 (2489 views)
Shortcut

What you mean not mistreated? Being on the chain at all times is already dog abuse! The owner should be chained up..then they know how the poor dog feel. Obviously, the dog has no respect for the owner and the family. He is probably there as a security alarm but not given any attention and love. So obvious by it's reaction to the owners. Such irresponsible owners. SHould be BANNED from owning dogs again.

Who can take Kopi in? He is already so agressive. Takes a long time to change that...don't think many people are willing to be so patient if they choose to adopt a dog.

mandolin
Enthusiast

May 7, 2005, 5:25 AM

Post #10 of 13 (2485 views)
Shortcut
Re: [robros] Any HOPE for KOPI? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Smile robos

You're right in your views. Obviously, the owner does not know the proper way of looking after KOPI. KOPI is bound because he has not been trained to respect the owner's property. I heard he would damage flower pots and vehicles parked within the house. Maybe, I can suggest to the owner to build a shelter for the mongrel instead of putting him in chain and defer sending him off.

I know it's very remote that anyone will give KOPI another chance.

Thank you for sharing.

sallychuah
Canine Addict

May 12, 2005, 6:58 AM

Post #11 of 13 (2427 views)
Shortcut

Hi mandolin,

I do have a mongrel, probably mixed breed. got him from stray. My dog bite too, he was probably mistreaten by his previous owner, so he is always protective for himself but he's ok with me for now. As robos said , there may not be anyone will take Kopi as he is aggresive but suggest is the owner himself should take the Kopi for his walk daily if possible, talk with Kopi, spend more time with him better than tied the dog for the whole day. I'm sure kopi will feel that he is love by his owner rather, they are living creature too, they understand. Hope this will help.

mandolin
Enthusiast

May 21, 2005, 6:29 PM

Post #12 of 13 (2330 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sallychuah] Any HOPE for KOPI? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Smile sallychuah,

Appreciate your presence and advice.

Going on your experience, I have subtly told the owner to do just that He forsees putting a muzzle on KOPI when they are in public.

Regards,

Toy
K9 Maniac

May 29, 2005, 11:43 PM

Post #13 of 13 (2263 views)
Shortcut

any updates? well, dogs dont know wat he suppose to bite, & it is a habit of dog to bite to streghten & clean the teeth. so rather than chain the dogs all day, the owner might want to buy hin chew toys or at least spend time to accompany the dog when unchain.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my