Home: Poll: Suggestion for POLL Topics:
Ban on 8 breeds of Dog

shaun_sia
Novice

Apr 30, 2005, 8:38 PM

Post #1 of 8 (1681 views)
Shortcut
Ban on 8 breeds of Dog Can't Post

Recently Shah Alam City Council has banned 8 breeds of dog as pets .... do u think it is a fair decision ...why or why not???

PSY
K9 Kaki

Apr 30, 2005, 9:30 PM

Post #2 of 8 (1677 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shaun_sia] Ban on 8 breeds of Dog [In reply to] Can't Post

The ban, I do think it is fair, not so much for people looking for these breeds but for the breed themselves. As a common rule of thumb, people buy puppies because they are cute and then when the pup grows up they cannot handle it or when it does something it get a bad name. Secondly, breeding of these pups, pups are sold to anyone unlike proper breeders who actually take the trouble to find out about the new owner if it is eligible to have that particular breed of pup. Recently at a pet shop, a young lady got herself a cocker and boy some of the things the sale person said about the breed, wow I was thinking of getting half a dozen of the breed myself, a real good sale pitch. The dog is not noisy does not bark..... well for one a cocker always bark at anything, why, because it is suppose to, their purpose. In short apply that to the eight breeds, I think it is fair for the sake of the breed.

Toy
K9 Maniac

May 3, 2005, 6:19 AM

Post #3 of 8 (1640 views)
Shortcut

not to say not fair, but not considerate. they just cant understabd by adopting a dog into our home, it is just like adding 1 more family member, forcing ppl to get rid of our family member, too CRUEL.

shaun_sia
Novice

May 3, 2005, 9:34 PM

Post #4 of 8 (1617 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Toy] Ban on 8 breeds of Dog [In reply to] Can't Post

I do agree with wat u said ... by adopting a dog is just like bringing a new member into the family ... same go to the pet .... If not under control ..all pets will be a nuisance to the public, even to the extent of threatening human lives due to disease epidemi. To sum up ... it is the responsible owners we are looking for ... the fault does not lie with the pets...
By banning the breeds ... we are merely treating the symptom not the root cause.... wat happen next if a doberman or german shepard bite somebody??? Things will never end ....

Toy
K9 Maniac

May 5, 2005, 3:22 AM

Post #5 of 8 (1597 views)
Shortcut

definitely yhey will take the opportunity to ban if this happen, think they will ban all the working group/large breed dog if no action from dog owners.

khoo262
Enthusiast

May 9, 2005, 9:20 PM

Post #6 of 8 (1564 views)
Shortcut

What are they gonna do about all the darn stray cats running around???
finally..... khoo262 has come back to puppy.com

Sydney
Doggyman

May 28, 2005, 6:50 PM

Post #7 of 8 (1522 views)
Shortcut

Well, maybe some dogs in the 8 breeds can be used for guard dogs. so i think it's not fair. Some of the ban breeds are also good for gentle pets and good guard. Dogs need care and love instead of sending them to the SPCA or sumthings else.

FrownFrownSidney's DogsterFrown
Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

Toy
K9 Maniac

May 29, 2005, 11:27 PM

Post #8 of 8 (1509 views)
Shortcut
Re: [khoo262] Ban on 8 breeds of Dog [In reply to] Can't Post

you are right, i came across 1 incident that a cat owner who own many cats, instead of feeding the cats at her own home, she does it in front of another dog owner's house!

the dogs of corse will bark seeing a stranger feeding cats in front of them, but wat more surprising is this cat owner complaint & organised a campaign & ask ppl to sign say the dogs are noisy.

then her cats will pee & poo in front of the dog's owner house, but wat she did is called up the reporter & tell the reporter the dog's owner wash all the pee & poo out to the street very dirty!

wat type of world we are living? with so many insane ppl...

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my