Home: Dog Rescue and Adoption: PAWS:
Things are really being shaken up!!!

Morphware
Novice

Apr 28, 2005, 10:01 PM

Post #1 of 9 (2063 views)
Shortcut
Things are really being shaken up!!! Can't Post

I went to the PAWS shelter yesterday and my god the place is transformed the Vet they had is gone and there are so many volunteers down there now.

Its truely amazing how big a change for the better the place has now that the old woman is gone.

Anyone else been down to have a look? or better yet to volunteer your time?
Wink

Toy
K9 Maniac

Apr 29, 2005, 6:26 PM

Post #2 of 9 (2014 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Morphware] Things are really being shaken up!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

wow, great! monsters had gone!!

immy

Aug 26, 2005, 9:20 AM

Post #3 of 9 (1502 views)
Shortcut

yea, yea, i was there a few weeks ago..n boyyyyyy...i was impressed!!

Things seems to make more sense now..ive been ther a couple times before, and for the VERY first time, ive seen them actually clean the cage before putting the newspaper!!!!! ..before, i have always been wondering why on earth would anyone put the newspaper, then only clean the cage, by the time its done, all the papers are wet againCrazy

GOOD JOB PAWS!! keep it up
immy

ritchie_dog
K9 Maniac

Sep 5, 2005, 8:14 PM

Post #4 of 9 (1418 views)
Shortcut

hey there..

well i must admit too that PAWS has changed a lot but one thing still bad.. a lot of dogs still escape thru the back fence door..and they dont care.. around that area there were one pack of dogs that are actually escape from PAWS and they have started breeding.. quite some time ago.. some are run down by the cars.. and also PAWS does not ensure all of their dogs are spayed or neutered before adoption.. this is really not a good practice.. wht difference does it make if u dont spay or neutered and then rehomed and they start irresponsible breeding.. have been active in rehoming dogs therefore i am sure to say tht miss out a lot sometimes to ensure no future breeding.. so the process never stops...sad to see this...
they claimed to have shortage of volunteers..it is not a good reason for it..
Lots of love to my beloved Ritchieboy who has left us on Jan 11 2004..May god bless him

Morphware
Novice

Sep 5, 2005, 10:02 PM

Post #5 of 9 (1401 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ritchie_dog] Things are really being shaken up!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

ok some of what you have said may true, in as much as there are dogs still escaping. This is a problem that is not easily beaten, I mean some of the dogs in Malaysia are like acrobats or something the way they can actually climb fences!!! As far as not caring...I think that is an uneducated remark, many efforts are being made to keep PAWS dogs inside the PAWS compound, but again this takes time and money. I think an issue that you should try and do something about is all the animals that people dump outside PAWS, these ones they can't do much about. Perhaps if you see an animal you should try and catch it or better yet go inside and tell someone so one of the PAWS workers can catch it.
I would also like to know what makes you think that animals are being released not spayed or neutered? and do you know the policy involved in this? I think its great that you realise the value of spaying and neutering animals, perhaps you should be trying to educate the people that don't understand because there are many, it is not a problem that PAWS alone can solve.
PAWS policy is that all animals should be spayed or neutered before being adopted, I believe that there have been some cases where animals are released on the premise that the new owner will have this procedure done and that PAWS reserves the right to reclaim these animals if proof of the procedure is not presented to the shelter.

I hope you can find time to become more actively involved with PAWS to truly see what is being done to help Malaysia's many homeless animals.

mbless
K9 Kaki

Sep 6, 2005, 8:35 AM

Post #6 of 9 (1378 views)
Shortcut

I have adopted from Paws b4 n I took home wtout dog been spayed or advised 2 spay. My friend also adopt a white blue eyed persian male cat n not neutered as well. During my visits I always see dogs outside d fence n at one time one was knocked down n died. "The staff told me they r strays. Funny. Is Paws not 4 strays? Or is it the DBKL job? In SPCA n all their dogs must b neutd n Sabrina Yeap will even inspect your hse b4 she let u adopt.

Morphware
Novice

Sep 6, 2005, 11:12 AM

Post #7 of 9 (1374 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mbless] Things are really being shaken up!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

How long ago was that? This committee hasn't been in for that long you know, they are still working very hard to iron out all the wrinkles in the non-existant system. I would be very suprised if the people that staff the shelter would knowingly let any animal wander around outside. I can only suggest that if you see that happening bring to the office manager's attention.

mbless
K9 Kaki

Sep 6, 2005, 5:59 PM

Post #8 of 9 (1368 views)
Shortcut

No not under this new management. Sorry. But I hope this new team wil do a good job.

ritchie_dog
K9 Maniac

Sep 8, 2005, 7:40 PM

Post #9 of 9 (1325 views)
Shortcut

hey..

im not trying to be offensive ya but i can tell u frankly tht i have highlight this matter to the person in charge about those escaping dogs...there was a large whole at the back fence gate left unrepaired for along long time..so tht shows how concern they are..and the dogs that escape was poisoned by residents there as they become a nuisance. well wht u said is true..i can try to catch them and bring it to paws but they will charge me to bring them in u know.. money is not a big issue for one or two but if i would to catch all of them there..i think i will have to walk to my bank empty handed next time.and also for your info..ive been feeding strays with some friends for quite some time and when we gain their trust we will catch them and spay/neuter them and get the a home if possible.

Sorry to say but i have experience with PAWS about releasing unspayed or unneutered animals to new homes.. one of the dog was found by my friend and place it at paws to find a home..in the meantime she search around for homes too but when she went over to visit the dog one day..he was gone and n they did not inform her despite the fact that they agreed to let her knw if anyone is interested in adoption.. we went to the new owner's place which is a factory in subang..the dog was there runnning all around with another two dogs and guess wht..the dog were not neutered. there were a female there as well..tis is a never ending problem if paws doesnt ensure all dogs are neutered..the owner jst went there n pick the dog n pay..thts it..they dont even ask or check!..i have nothing against PAWS but sometimes a bit disappointed with their management.tht is why i refused to bring any animals in there even if i have to go thru sleepless nights to get them foster homes.. but i do my part in helping paws by donating food and stuffs to them but im very reluctant to step in.. sorry to say...spca has a better environment though for the dogs..yes i understand tht cos they receive more donations and volunteer...but think this way..they did not reach there without effort being thrown in...right? whtever it is.i dont give a shit to those humans but not the dogs.. anyway no offense taken ya..great to knw another animal lover like u...maybe we could keeep in touch and help each other when there's doggies up for adoption.. my e mail : ivanwongkh at lycos
Lots of love to my beloved Ritchieboy who has left us on Jan 11 2004..May god bless him

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my