First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

ritchie_dog
K9 Maniac

Jun 6, 2005, 8:24 PM

Post #26 of 36 (1793 views)
Shortcut
Re: [andromache] Dog Friendly Starbucks! [In reply to] Can't Post

hey ....

thumbs for ya to have a doggie!!! ive known a few malay friends who love doggies and some of them just like u..have their own furkid..ive been to the starbucks u mention but never saw any doggies...maybe could give it a try one day..well dont be to happy yet as ur GSD is still young n small...wait till she's about 5 above then some ppl might ask u to leave eventhough she's well behaved... i have a GSD as well.. she's a girl too!!!.. extremely friendly girl who loves puppies and small doggies but will not tolerate big doggies with bad behaviour..maybe we should meet up one day as im a big fan of GSD..this is my second GSD by the way.. i have another pug mix which is a girl as well.. if u like to hang out with ur doggies then u might wanna try hartamas area where they are more tolerant of doggiesss...been to finnegans irish pub with my doggies for dinner and it was great!! but its a non halal restaurant lah if u dont mind..anyway love to see ya gsd one day and join our gsd group for more chat...
Lots of love to my beloved Ritchieboy who has left us on Jan 11 2004..May god bless him

Shinya

Jun 9, 2005, 10:36 PM

Post #27 of 36 (1770 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nicky_spykeaz] Dog Friendly Starbucks! [In reply to] Can't Post

I bring my Baby there yesterday~ Cannot get any shoes~ Don't have the sizes~ Frown Anyway~ For all of your information, that uncle lim restaurant did not allow my dog, so i may my way to opposite of unclelim restayrant, it is a japanese restaurant, they allow us to bring my Baby to have our lunch~

and join our fans page at www.facebook.com/Lolipet

nicky_spykeaz
Doggyman

Jun 9, 2005, 11:57 PM

Post #28 of 36 (1756 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Shinya] Dog Friendly Starbucks! [In reply to] Can't Post

that funny??? sometime me and my friend brought her shih tzu there was fine wor....they even offer water for her dog....strange....but then sorry lor....

Cheers ya,

Nicki the Devil live by the reputation of the name

boBby is a craz3 car PassaNger
Fat FaT other case Elegant Car GuEst
What make Me?
A LoYal huMan Driver.... Frown

NoBody is Prefect, Guess What i am Nobody
Nice to meet YOu

(Bobby+Nicky craze JT memBer)

BoBby San DogstEr
http://www.dogster.com/?158414

http://spykeaz-devil.blogspot.com/

Shinya

Jun 11, 2005, 8:26 AM

Post #29 of 36 (1748 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nicky_spykeaz] Dog Friendly Starbucks! [In reply to] Can't Post

nvm is ok~

and join our fans page at www.facebook.com/Lolipet

donno
Novice

Jun 14, 2005, 10:07 PM

Post #30 of 36 (1716 views)
Shortcut
Re: [andromache] Dog Friendly Starbucks! [In reply to] Can't Post

Never seen anyone bring their furry to coffee places before but excited to read that so many have already done so! Donno (aka Goldie) only goes for road-walks, car rides and to the 1U park so far. Will definitely try out a coffee place with outdoor roadside seating soon. She's not really small, but is clingy enough to stay still and not cause any disturbance.

Wonder if the Coffee Bean at The Curve or Starbucks at Ikano are ok too since they have outdoor tables next to driveway/roadway. Anyone tried these?

sasay
Novice

Jul 7, 2005, 11:05 PM

Post #31 of 36 (1668 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Shinya] Dog Friendly Starbucks! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's a great puzzle about the Starbucks in Ikano. I took my Fluffy there and one indian store manager was really cool about it and he even gave Fluffy a friendly pet.

But the other day, there were Malay staff and he practically told me not to put my Fluffy on the chair, and the only place they will allow is on the floor, outside the handrail...FrownFrownFrown

So basically I was having a really bad experience there. I mean, can't they be a bit standard? Last time we bought some salad and I gave some to Fluffy as well and no one said anything...

So basically I gave up on going to Starbucks Ikano even tho it is like 3 minutes drive from where I stay...

groovemaster
Enthusiast

Jul 12, 2005, 1:08 AM

Post #32 of 36 (1633 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sasay] Dog Friendly Starbucks! [In reply to] Can't Post

Try 2 remember 2 golden rules ven visiting a café:

1. Dog must b on d floor at all times

2. Dog must not b fed from table, water is fine

Hv 2 b a bit tolerant n considerate ven bringing ur dogs 2 public places particularly makan minum places. Just look at it from d mgmt’s point of view…it only takes 1 customer 2 complain bout d fur on her backside or bout dogs indulging in d same menu she’s just bout 2 hv. N d café can get in2 real trouble if d customer lodges an official complaint 2 d health authorities.

So dont take it 2 heart. As much as mgmt wants 2 let ur dog in2 d premises, dey hv 2 look after d customers needs 1st. V hv been there a few times n normally sit outside n find it truly relaxing just 2 hv our dog beside us whilst sipping our iced coffee. Dont create a fuss by putting d dog on d chair or feeding him at d premises, otherwise pretty soon all dogs will b barred from d premises. Try n appreciate d little comforts dat our dogs hv. Dey dont seem 2 mind, so why shld u.Wink

Feeling groovy? ... den take a peek at 'GroovyDogsJustWannaHvFun'

a_evie
Doggyman

Jul 13, 2005, 8:58 AM

Post #33 of 36 (1604 views)
Shortcut
Re: [groovemaster, sasay] Dog Friendly Starbucks! [In reply to] Can't Post

sitting on d floor and sharing our food generally is ok unless d outlet(s) are at their peak time.

if u're upset with the idea of furkis having to sit on d floor, then do bring along your own cushion / cloth to be placed on the floor for furkid to rest. we do that in case he floor turns out to be rather "sticky" on certain days.

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Jul 15, 2005, 4:58 PM

Post #34 of 36 (1580 views)
Shortcut
Re: [groovemaster] Dog Friendly Starbucks! [In reply to] Can't Post

HI Fawn,

I think most of the time complain comes when the dog is mostly sitting on the chair and some even go to the extend of allowing the dog sniffing at the food on the plates on the tables or allow the dog to put a paw on the table sides.

Most of the time even to kopitiam I bring my furkids to they are mostly ok with them being on the floor and also at times on the chair (of course a distance away from the table n other people)

I have seen some who have fights with the mgmt over their fluffy lil doggie being shooed of the chair onto the floor. (guess they are just not prepare to bath the dogs on that day).

Your advise here is very much appreciated and it goes a great way in educating people on how to behave with the dogs in the public restaurant. Keep up the good work ya !

cheers,
minglmy

groovemaster
Enthusiast

Jul 19, 2005, 9:59 PM

Post #35 of 36 (1513 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] Dog Friendly Starbucks! [In reply to] Can't Post

How true Mingyg, by placing d dog on d chair, v r effectively inviting him 2 sniff n paw at d food n drinks…n den all d big hoo haa will start with customers, mgmt n cleanliness.Blush

In Msia, v hardly hv any dog friendly parks (no thanks 2 dog owners who dont clean up), wat more dog friendly cafes. So v really shld b thankful dat some cafes do tolerate our pets n owe it 2 dese establishments 2 hv our dogs on deir best behavior. Dun create a fuss…after a while, all customers will hardly notice n treat ur dog as a regular. D idea is 2 get people 2 c dat dogs with deir owners at makan-minum places r not such a big deal after all n can seem like good fun …n not d other way round.

Of course, if u r at a non-halal café owned by a dog lover n all d customers seem 2 like ur dog, den having him on d chair is a possible option.Wink

Feeling groovy? ... den take a peek at 'GroovyDogsJustWannaHvFun'

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 20, 2005, 4:40 PM

Post #36 of 36 (1491 views)
Shortcut
Re: [groovemaster] Dog Friendly Starbucks! [In reply to] Can't Post

groovemaster

think basic training oso preferable too, owners should train their dog not to eat when the owner say NO! or maybe stay when owner asked to so that this wont disturb others. Smile

Yang

Regards,

Yang

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my