First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

andromache
Novice

Apr 25, 2005, 10:50 PM

Post #1 of 36 (4957 views)
Shortcut
Dog Friendly Starbucks! Can't Post

Hi Everyone!!

I'm a new member of the furkids world, and until now I never realized how dog un-friendly Malaysians are... especially since I'm a Malay girl and my furkid is a GSD. Stella (my furkid) is only 2 months old and recently we stopped for a coffee break at the Pusat Bandar Damansara Starbucks. Stella was on a harness and short lease, and the staff of Starbucks AND its patrons did not complain or protest that I had her with me. Several people having drinks there even came over to pet and greet Stella! This particular Starbucks has an outdoor seating area and that was where we sat. I was on my laptop and chatting with friends as Stella quietly slept at my feet. I would just like to say that I think the place was fantastic for us furkid lovers to have a place to have a drink and chat with our babies around. Let me know of your experience there if you go, and even better if we could meet up so our furkids can socialize and we can chat as well!!

groovemaster
Enthusiast

Apr 26, 2005, 10:32 PM

Post #2 of 36 (4910 views)
Shortcut
Re: [andromache] Dog Friendly Starbucks! [In reply to] Can't Post

Yup, hv bn 2 d same coffee place n tho’ most of d staff were Malays, dey were quite relaxed bout Groovy (JRT) sitting outside. Even d Malay patrons were quite liberal n didnt mind much. Hope 2 c more of such places in d future. Hv also bn 2 d 1 in Bangsar Jln Telawi, n dey r also ok with Groovy.

C dat u r already socializing ur GSD at such a young age…just b careful bout contact with others till he has had all his jabs. Dont mean 2 sound negative but u hv 2 b prepared 4 ven ur GSD grows up, u may find dat such places will b less willing 2 accommodate him due 2 his size. However, if u can make sure dat he doesnt bark/growl n is calm at all times, den I’m sure he’ll most likely b welcomed.Angelic

Groovy , ‘Hv only seen a few med-large dogs (GR/Lab/Border Collie) at cafes so far…but yet 2 meet a GSD!’

Feeling groovy? ... den take a peek at 'GroovyDogsJustWannaHvFun'

shahida_w
Dog Kichi

Apr 26, 2005, 10:53 PM

Post #3 of 36 (4901 views)
Shortcut

ARE YOU SERIOUS????? i can actually bring my dog there????
ALRIGHT!!!! its about time people are cool about dogs... like you, i am malay but couldn't care less what people thing about me having dogs. I have a Labrador Retriever and he is 3 years old, which means he is big. So lets see if i can get away with my doggy at starbucks!!!!!

has your puppy had shots? if she/he has, maybe we can meet up ya?

ps/ i am from ampang

Later
Shahida

In Reply To

jaclyn
Enthusiast

Apr 26, 2005, 11:58 PM

Post #4 of 36 (4896 views)
Shortcut

ikano also can wut

»¨JaCLyN a.k.a [JaCJaC] and EriC yOnG a.k.a bECkhaM-¨» ©® Wink

Proud mummykins and daddykins of Uncle Pupzie da Nottyness and Stephykins da Princess as of 12th August 2004 and 6th October 2004 Frown

For more pictures or information about my beloved furkids; check out »¤¨Jaclyn's Scrapbook of Love and Friendship¨¤« Tongue

Vote for my puppykins; Uncle Pupz and Stephykins

Toy
K9 Maniac

Apr 27, 2005, 1:28 AM

Post #5 of 36 (4894 views)
Shortcut

hi, proud to know 2 malay friends who love dog here! so both of u stay with ur family?

andromache
Novice

Apr 27, 2005, 10:23 PM

Post #6 of 36 (4860 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Toy] Dog Friendly Starbucks! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi All!!

First of all, big shoutout to Shahida!! Yeah! Fellow sista with furkid... Yes, Stella my furkid has had her shots... but she's still a bit young... I'd love to meet up with all of you guys la... can go and have a coffee, while our babies socialize... maybe we can set a date on the forum ya??

I'm currently living on my own la... that's why can have furkids... My mum used to get really freaky about my furkid... and at that time it was just ONE well behaved kitty... i reckon if she saw Stella she'll just freak! Nyways, at Ikano, we can go to Pet Safari, but that's it... can't sit down and have a drink or something... But at least its a start... somewhere we can bring our furkids to...

Hey, maybe we can all one day have a drink there, and socialize... at least its a decent place to meet, no??

shahida_w
Dog Kichi

Apr 28, 2005, 12:04 AM

Post #7 of 36 (4851 views)
Shortcut

hi! hows it going?

haven't been to Ikano but apparently they welcome pets. i should try bringing Baron and see what happens.

As for me, I am married, and 5 months pregnant, therefore I am not living with parents but still young, not old...hehehehe But i never had problems with dogs or any animals whatsoever cause my parents love them. my mom has had dogs since she was young.....so i guess it's been passed down through generations hahahahaha

I can imagine your goldie, 2 months. don't they just look unreal? like a soft toy.

Is there a park where our dogs can be rombustious? Baron is 3 years old but acts like a 3 month old. he gets along with any humans and animals....am not joking. His best friend is a cat!!

andromache
Novice

Apr 28, 2005, 12:37 AM

Post #8 of 36 (4843 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shahida_w] Dog Friendly Starbucks! [In reply to] Can't Post

hey again...

actually, come to think of it... she does look like a really cute stuffed toy Wink it's great that your furkid is friendly... i've been wanting to meet up with other furkid parents who's got friendly babies to help socialize stella... she's a GSD, and knowing the prejudice many people have against this so-called "agressive" breed, I really want to prove them wrong... her character has been really steady and confident although she's young... and she loves to meet new people and animals... the cats in my house are pretty unfriendly to her initially... hissing everytime they met, but Stella didn't give up and is still trying to be friends with the cats... slowly i think the cats are coming round... they now sniff each others' tails and play a bit..

we usually go to kota kemuning park in the evening, as my husband and I live in Puchong... so pretty near for us... Stella usually on a short leash so that other's don't freak out... but so far it's been good... most weekends we also go to Bukit Gasing for a short walk on the jungle trail... Stella loves the mud!

Till next time, Nadia

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Apr 28, 2005, 4:21 PM

Post #9 of 36 (4821 views)
Shortcut
Re: [andromache] [shahida_w] Dog Friendly Starbucks! [In reply to] Can't Post

kudos to both of you.

though i am not malay, i have a new found respect for both of you in particular. we own 2 golden retrievers, 1 is 5 years old and the other is 10 months.

we would like to meet the 2 of u. are u guys going to the paws for a cause in central park bandar utama on may 8? this is a good mix. 3 pairs of owners with 4 large breed dogs...

shahida_w
Dog Kichi

Apr 28, 2005, 6:25 PM

Post #10 of 36 (4815 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kelsey] [shahida_w] Dog Friendly Starbucks! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi!!!

hey i think i am gonna check out the PAWS event on may 8th if i feel up to it. you see i am 5 months pregnant at the moment, so i have my ups and downs so to speak hahaaha.

you gonna be there?

talk to you later

(This post was edited by Admin on Apr 28, 2005, 11:27 PM)

shahida_w
Dog Kichi

Apr 28, 2005, 7:14 PM

Post #11 of 36 (4813 views)
Shortcut

hi

so you have tried the bukit gasing jungle trek? how is it? do you think it will be ok for me being 5 months pregnant? i am still active, walking around doing things.... would you recommend it?

i was actually thinking of bringing Baron before but never got the courage to wake up early on a saturday morning!!!! sigh~~~which i blame my husband too hahahaha but we always end up walking around our area which is nice and environmentally friendly. tons of monkeys too, which i usually end up feeding them. hahahaha

Anyway, i am actually thinking about the PAWS event next month on the 8th. maybe we could meet up there. kinda want to contribute to the homeless.

shahida_w
Dog Kichi

Apr 28, 2005, 7:24 PM

Post #12 of 36 (4806 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jaclyn] Dog Friendly Starbucks! [In reply to] Can't Post

hey

are you REALLY sure i can bring my dog to IKANO???? it seems so unreal that a mall actually permits dogs? Or do they just permit small dogs???

I haven't been to IKANO before, what do they offer there where i can bring Baron?

Later!

andromache
Novice

Apr 28, 2005, 11:26 PM

Post #13 of 36 (4796 views)
Shortcut

Hi all...

I think the Bukit Gasing walk is pretty good... It takes me about an hour to an hour and a half usually to walk the trails... there are several trails, and most of them involve lots of steps up hills... Shahida, if you're having a really fit pregnancy I don't see why you can't do one of the trails... there is one that runs beside the stream and doesn't go up too high, and i reckon that could be good for you... the entrance is near the playground, the one with a "pintu gerbang" that says Taman Pendidikan Hutan Bt Gasing... just stay to the right and the trail is pretty flat... i think there are more details in the jungle trekking forum threads... I myself have not been 'disciplined' enough to wake on time on sat mornings, so we usually go in the evenings, about half past five or so, and so far all the people we've met on the trail are happy to meet Stella and have no complaints :)

So far, in Ikano, I have seen owners not only with small dogs, but also Huskies, GRs, and even a Dalmation the other day... they mostly hang around the Pet Safari area though... and there is a "pets allowed" lift near the centre part of Ikano, as the pet shop is on the 2nd floor... So, have fun with your furkid there! Oh yah, you asked what they have.... the Pet Lover's Centre at Pet Safari has a pretty good range of goodies for your beloved furkid, and the best thing is you can let them check out the toys and treats before buying them... usually i try to see if Stella likes the toy or treats (in their packing, of course!) and let her choose which one she likes the most.. plus they have this discount card thingy, you get at least 10% off on purchases... it does help, especially when its a big bag of Science Diet, know what I mean??

My husband and I plan to be at the PAWS thing on 8th May, so at least we get to meet a few people and socialize our baby a bit... I guess it'll be a great opportunity to meet, ehh?

Ciao, Nadia

(This post was edited by andromache on Apr 28, 2005, 11:33 PM)

shahida_w
Dog Kichi

May 4, 2005, 11:39 PM

Post #14 of 36 (4736 views)
Shortcut

Hey!!! if you're ever in the Ampang area, i found a cafe in Ukay Heights where they welcome dogs. I brought my dog there and they were cool about it. Even gave water and came out to check him out. Actually i am regular at the bakery but never really brought Baron there, even though the staffs have seen him in the car. So....wanted to test the waters, and it was a success!!! they've got yummy pastries there, mostly French inspired. great place for breakfast. but not sure for lunch cause they sell out pretty quick.

Anyway, if you ever want to check that place out, its by the SPCA. you would take the immediate left after SPCA, and you won't miss it. Also, theres a neighborhood called Taman Tar nearby, its a great place to walk your doggie. It loops around a hill and has a side walk. I live there, and Labs and Golden Retrievers are regulars there. And no one will look at you funny cause its mostly expats, diplomats that live there. Even the malays won't look at you weird....funny huh???

well, i hope to see you at the PAWS gathering this sunday. just look out for a pregnant lady with a round belly, an american husband and a yellow lab....

cheeeeeeeeeeers!!!!
shahida

gladyslcp

Jun 3, 2005, 9:47 PM

Post #15 of 36 (4640 views)
Shortcut

i just happened to bump into this thread.... and am very impressed wit you two malay ladies who had furkids.......felt very muhibbah all of a sudden.... way to go ladies!...Wink How wonderful it would be if all malays are like u two... then will really do justice to our furkids..... Smile

i think sometimes they jus over reacted when they see a dog cause from young they are told to avoid one.....

Gladys (Sunshine & Rumba)

Mandy_Goldie
Novice

Jun 3, 2005, 11:19 PM

Post #16 of 36 (4634 views)
Shortcut

Hi ,

Isn't it great to find out that Starbucks (or that one particular Starbucks) welcome pet lovers and their pet. It would be awesome to have a coffee place to bring my GR with me, which i never thought possible. Thanks for the info!

p.s: cafe owners cum dog lovers veiwing this site, please set up such venue for our beloved dogs for a doggie day out.Cool

Shinya

Jun 4, 2005, 9:09 PM

Post #17 of 36 (4615 views)
Shortcut
Re: Dog Friendly Starbucks! [In reply to] Can't Post

I wanted to know izzit true that IKANO can bring our furkids? I feeling to go there also~ Since my Baby never social with our furkids~ Pity her a lot~ T_T

and join our fans page at www.facebook.com/Lolipet

nicky_spykeaz
Doggyman

Jun 5, 2005, 9:07 AM

Post #18 of 36 (4604 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Shinya] Dog Friendly Starbucks! [In reply to] Can't Post

well..only small breed dog is allow for now..and you only can walk outside not inside of the shop..i mean you can go in but not inside retail shop example padini and etc..
Ikea allow dog as long it is a small breed or toy breed...

Cheers ya,

Nicki the Devil live by the reputation of the name

boBby is a craz3 car PassaNger
Fat FaT other case Elegant Car GuEst
What make Me?
A LoYal huMan Driver.... Frown

NoBody is Prefect, Guess What i am Nobody
Nice to meet YOu

(Bobby+Nicky craze JT memBer)

BoBby San DogstEr
http://www.dogster.com/?158414

http://spykeaz-devil.blogspot.com/

sub_yenny
Dog Kichi

Jun 5, 2005, 10:12 AM

Post #19 of 36 (4602 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nicky_spykeaz] Dog Friendly Starbucks! [In reply to] Can't Post

Frown Actually i thought of bringing my dog to Ikano or The Curve n walk walk..buttt...now i knew...dogs arent allow for pets to go in those retail shop or cafe.. then it's hard lah! since we shopping oso need to rest a while wart. Aih.. i'm still looking forward those place can me n my doggie shop together! eheh.. but kinda hard lah in Malaysia! Unsure Still have any good place to let doggie go around at KL except those parks? Juz outside the shopping mall not syok at all lah! i hope there is alot of furkids place can bring doggie social a bit! hehe Laugh

Frown Yenny Frown

Shinya

Jun 5, 2005, 11:15 AM

Post #20 of 36 (4601 views)
Shortcut

Wow~ That means i can bring my Baby there~ Thanks for your information~ Is there any cafe allow us to bring dogs and have drinks there together with our flurkids?

nicky_spykeaz
Doggyman

Jun 5, 2005, 11:50 PM

Post #21 of 36 (4588 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sub_yenny] Dog Friendly Starbucks! [In reply to] Can't Post

the only cafe i know in ikano that allow pet to go is Uncle lim...as long your doggie do not climb the table or eat from the table then can already...it all about respect..some shop allow dog...just that they didnt put a sign there...if you can you can ask each time you enter a cafe without your dog..then you know which one allow doggie lor..

Cheers ya,

What make Me?

Nice to meet YOu

BoBby San DogstEr

nicky_spykeaz
Doggyman

Jun 5, 2005, 11:52 PM

Post #22 of 36 (4585 views)
Shortcut

actually for small doggie...most of the place allow...eg starbuck, coffee bean and etc..as long you dog remain on your place or the chair..not on the table then can already lah....

Cheers ya,

What make Me?

Nice to meet YOu

BoBby San DogstEr

Shinya

Jun 6, 2005, 9:09 AM

Post #23 of 36 (4577 views)
Shortcut

hurey~ then my baby qualify already~ a lot waitress also said that she is so "guai"~ Will sit at the chair and sleep~ ahahahah~ coz i thought to bring her to buy a pair of shoes~ Thinking that if bring her go, then after baught the shoes have to go home not shiok already~ hahahaha~ Anyway thanks for the information~ Is there any place for our flurkids social?

nicky_spykeaz
Doggyman

Jun 6, 2005, 7:44 PM

Post #24 of 36 (4567 views)
Shortcut

the beauty of having a small breed....me medium/large breed...so sad...

Cheers ya,

What make Me?

Nice to meet YOu

BoBby San DogstEr

ROCH
Novice

Jun 6, 2005, 8:07 PM

Post #25 of 36 (4566 views)
Shortcut

What a great news from you gal....first & foremost, it's your sharing about the doggie-friendly spot. Second of all, you are a Malay Gal.

Well, I think all these government should really OPEN THEIR EYES and LEARN.......and DO NOT SIMPLY MAKE ANY STUPID COMMENTS and comes out with USELESS RULES.

It is not about the race or religion but with all the comments and rules they have made, it is only show us that MALAYSIA still got a long way to go to develop their mentality.

What a sad....

From

ROCH

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my