afraid of fightin.........

schatzie
Novice

Mar 31, 2003, 8:18 AM

Post #1 of 5 (1901 views)
Shortcut
afraid of fightin......... Can't Post

hei all.......

new to thiz foRum...... just got meself a 10 weeks old female goldie back....she's a real precious..

problem is.. i already have a 7 yr old female mongrel in me house.........

and im damn scared tht the mongrel would attack my new lil precious

currently they are seperated by a steel door between my 2 gardens....and everytime my new pup goes near her side of the door, the older one would show signs of aggresion........... and my older doggie is just showing this inside the house... when she is outside and meet other dogs, she re-acts like a chicken.....

any suggestions on when i can have them play together? how should i even start to socialize them?

the moment my lil pup goes near the door, and there will be loootts of barkin........ otherwise, they do not bother each other..

HELP!

milooh

Mar 31, 2003, 8:33 AM

Post #2 of 5 (1900 views)
Shortcut
Re: [schatzie] afraid of fightin......... [In reply to] Can't Post

From what you said, I think your mongrel is jealous and territorial. She also feels threatened but I would suggest that another person hold your mongrel and you hold your pup. Then have them meet together face to face, your mongrel restrained of course. Maybe this gradual introduction will work but you have to be careful and patient. Good luck.

milooh
Rossie
www.jef-b.com/Dogs

schatzie
Novice

Mar 31, 2003, 8:44 AM

Post #3 of 5 (1899 views)
Shortcut
Re: [milooh] afraid of fightin......... [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks.....there will definately be lots of pulling and barkin from the old mongrel.........

maybe even attempts to attack....

or should i just let them be serperated for the first few months first...........

milooh

Mar 31, 2003, 8:49 AM

Post #4 of 5 (1898 views)
Shortcut
Re: [schatzie] afraid of fightin......... [In reply to] Can't Post

Did you socialize your mongrel well when she was a puppy? I assume you got her when she was a puppy? When we found IRiS, she was about a year old and Milo was about 2 years old and they get along great because Milo was socialized a lot when he was a puppy. Just one thing to think about.

Milooh
Rossie
www.jef-b.com/Dogs

schatzie
Novice

Mar 31, 2003, 7:01 PM

Post #5 of 5 (1888 views)
Shortcut
Re: [milooh] afraid of fightin......... [In reply to] Can't Post

No..My mongrel was never socialized….. With people … yes….very friendly
All the past 8 years she had been kept in my garden, free to roam as she wished….
more of a watch dog she is………
I have to say that she is very obedient in the garden, hardly caused any problem…..
But with this new puppy….. She's a havoc…..only when they get too close..
jealous.. Yes…. Agrresive… yes….
Just hope she doesn’t pound to attack when the 2 of them finally get together…..

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my