Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog Grooming:
Where Are The Fleas??

.Lab
Enthusiast

Apr 21, 2005, 11:39 PM

Post #1 of 9 (1876 views)
Shortcut
Where Are The Fleas?? Can't Post

I've read the topic titled 'Dog Fleas!' and it says to use Front-Line something. How good is it? My Hazel wore her flea collar((RM23.. grr)) for 3 months and still scratch and scratch. I've picked out small specks of black from her fur but still scratch Unimpressed. Is Front-Line good and how deep in her fur are the fleas? Her fur is short like a Lab's. I bath her every week with this shampoo called 'Troy'. Not sure if it is working. She get doggie smell the next day. Not so bad, Nutro Lamb and Rice helping. The shampoo smells like a car wash. Urgh.. But her fur is softer since eating Nutro for around 1 1/2 months. Oh yah, another question: I only bought a brush for her and those things to help pick out the fur, sort of a spikey thing. Must I buy a comb?

Another question hit me..: I'm bringing her to the Paws For a Day, Paws For a Cause Park Event. Will the other dogs present set more fleas on her?

.Lab Frown Frown

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hazel = A Terror in Disguise!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sydney
Doggyman

Apr 22, 2005, 12:56 AM

Post #2 of 9 (1870 views)
Shortcut
Re: [.Lab] Where Are The Fleas?? [In reply to] Can't Post

Well,

Maybe the collar is itchy.. That collar oso made Sidney scratch like crazy...Smile. I havent tried front line. Just Troy.. A comb.... i tought that spikey comb is 4 long fur breeds.. It's better u get the comb w/o spikesCool. The dogs on that day wont bring fleas just the grass..Smile

FrownFrownSidney's DogsterFrown
Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

.Lab
Enthusiast

Apr 22, 2005, 5:30 AM

Post #3 of 9 (1860 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sydney] Where Are The Fleas?? [In reply to] Can't Post

The comb is like human one except for dogs ((No diff?)). Spikey is this sort of thing you use to brush horses... Troy good? I use the Puppy Coat but ain't working! Fido sounds ok, my cat used Fido cat soap.

Haha, I've brought her to the Park before for an event by Alpo/ProPlan, Maybank, Fun With The Sun and SPCA. She didn't seem to be scratching even after interacting with a few American Cockers, a Golden Retriever and some others. Just worried.

.Lab Frown Frown

Sydney
Doggyman

Apr 22, 2005, 6:17 AM

Post #4 of 9 (1859 views)
Shortcut

Well,

dogs like comunicating wif other dogs so they dont feel like scratching... Your dog is distracted by the other dogs so she wouldnt scratch. Even Sidney...He's distracted by walking so he wouldnt stop on hot floor and scratchSmile.

Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

.Lab
Enthusiast

Apr 22, 2005, 5:57 PM

Post #5 of 9 (1854 views)
Shortcut

Hmm same. Ur rite.. But she still scratch. I saw a garlic treat said to 'Render ur dog unattrative 2 insects' Work or not Crazy?? And flea shampoo.. so expensive.. RM23.

.Lab Frown Frown

Sydney
Doggyman

Apr 22, 2005, 11:30 PM

Post #6 of 9 (1843 views)
Shortcut

Hmm...

Flea remover.... I'll stick to the front line cs many ppl said that the product is effectiveUnsure.

when Hazel scratch rite, does it bleeds if scratch 2 much? Sidney's body does. 2 itchy. dunno y...

Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

.Lab
Enthusiast

Apr 25, 2005, 11:34 PM

Post #7 of 9 (1836 views)
Shortcut

No just scratch until fur fly everywhere.

I went to search at Pet Safari yesterday. Said they sell it at their vet's. But the vet closed 10 mins earlier! Me was angry. But I got a cheap new leash for Hazel. She chew old one into bits. The metal one scared will get electric shock when walking in the rain/going 2 rain Blush.

.Lab Frown Frown

Sydney
Doggyman

Apr 26, 2005, 5:18 AM

Post #8 of 9 (1835 views)
Shortcut

I tought the metal would make fireCrazy.. Well now is Hazel scratching?Maybe i shud use the tick remover and buy it 4 his B.day...

Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

Toy
K9 Maniac

Apr 27, 2005, 5:38 PM

Post #9 of 9 (1829 views)
Shortcut

maybe u should try drop on, it is very effective.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my