Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Poll: Suggestion for POLL Topics:
How many of you live in a Condo or Apartments with your dog?

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

ianlim
Dog Kichi

Apr 18, 2005, 5:39 AM

Post #1 of 29 (12732 views)
Shortcut
How many of you live in a Condo or Apartments with your dog? Can't Post

Just curious, how many of you live in a Condo or Apartmeny unit with your dog? And what type of breed? You can choose from the selection below:

1. Condo with toy dogs.

2. Condo with Small or Medium size dog.

3. Condo with large size dog.

4. Apartments with toy dogs.

2. Apartments with Small or Medium size dog.

3. Apartments with large size dog.

black kitty
Novice

Apr 22, 2005, 7:42 PM

Post #2 of 29 (12713 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ianlim] How many of you live in a Condo or Apartments with your dog? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Ian

My catagory falls under :

Apartments with Small or Medium sized dog (I owned a JRT)

Let's see what other says....

Toy
K9 Maniac

Apr 27, 2005, 6:06 PM

Post #3 of 29 (12676 views)
Shortcut
Re: [black kitty] How many of you live in a Condo or Apartments with your dog? [In reply to] Can't Post

since wana make a poll, y not add landed properties oso, so can let everybody involve.

shirelo
Dog Kichi

May 10, 2005, 2:38 AM

Post #4 of 29 (12628 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ianlim] How many of you live in a Condo or Apartments with your dog? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi!

I live in Condo with toy dogs (Pug).

Why? Doing reseach? Cool

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Jan 13, 2007, 8:37 PM

Post #5 of 29 (12329 views)
Shortcut

ianlim..

2. Condo with Small or Medium size dog.

i have a crossed mutt Sly

My beloved Molly looks like MooMooo

My beloved Snoopy makes 1 of the funniest beagle in the world

My beloved Lassie is the teh-est sheltie although he is a male !

Frown Molly Gal : 16 June 2007 | Snoopy Zai : 4 Jan 2010 | Lassie Zai : 23 April 2010

| Husky Zai : 24 Jan 2010
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my Jewelleries Online

Photography Business Website coming up soon ^^

ianlim
Dog Kichi

Jan 24, 2007, 12:12 PM

Post #6 of 29 (12318 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SupaMolly] How many of you live in a Condo or Apartments with your dog? [In reply to] Can't Post

The rason that i did not put landed pro[erties i the first place because i want to know how many dogs lovers here are really in desperate for not comply the law..

My dog eventually given to a factory nearby my apartment as guard dog, but my parents still get to fee him and bath him, clean his pee and poo occassionally seems the boss do not have time to take care of him, but she does feed him some snacks sometimes..

So, a few of you does have dogs in this non landed properties, any complaints or door knocking or dbkl visiting??

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Jan 24, 2007, 1:35 PM

Post #7 of 29 (12315 views)
Shortcut

ianlim..

ic.

so the dog actually bcom urs lo since u and yr parents take k of him. good lah.. Laugh

nah. my dog never has any complaints, xcept my own hsmate. but she and her mom also gila one la. complain my dog say she looks dirty. so i ignore them, cus they just like to ngam. sometimes molly bark la cus not very familiar at 1st with my house when she just reached. but i go tell my neighbor lo explain to them is just temporary. it will get over soon, and they seem to understand also. so, i tink relly need to explain if they don understand. now, very good lio. they hapee, i hapee also. and molly hapee also.

dbkl never come.

Frown Molly Gal : 16 June 2007 | Snoopy Zai : 4 Jan 2010 | Lassie Zai : 23 April 2010

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Feb 2, 2007, 12:42 AM

Post #8 of 29 (12304 views)
Shortcut

apartment with small or medium size dogs (poodle and shih tzu)

so far, for me everythg ok..coz many units also hv dogs n in the evening, u will see ppl taking their dogs for walk around the apartment...

FrownView my blog in Sasha's Blog and don't forget to sign my guestbook!Frown

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are not 'Just a Dog'
They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

ianlim
Dog Kichi

Feb 2, 2007, 7:48 AM

Post #9 of 29 (12300 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SupaMolly] How many of you live in a Condo or Apartments with your dog? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
ianlim..

ic.

so the dog actually bcom urs lo since u and yr parents take k of him. good lah.. Laugh

nah. my dog never has any complaints, xcept my own hsmate. but she and her mom also gila one la. complain my dog say she looks dirty. so i ignore them, cus they just like to ngam. sometimes molly bark la cus not very familiar at 1st with my house when she just reached. but i go tell my neighbor lo explain to them is just temporary. it will get over soon, and they seem to understand also. so, i tink relly need to explain if they don understand. now, very good lio. they hapee, i hapee also. and molly hapee also.

dbkl never come.

It's still 'our dog', to be more accurate.. Tongue but not living wif us.. Unsure

Wah, your neighbour don't mind having in apartment ah?? Good.., are they chinese or..? How nice though..

apartment with small or medium size dogs (poodle and shih tzu)

so far, for me everythg ok..coz many units also hv dogs n in the evening, u will see ppl taking their dogs for walk around the apartment...

Thats good to hear, so, obvious somemore.., haha..,

What about the management? You know when we sign the deed of mutual Covenant, there is a section on this..

One thing i am curious is, those luxuries condos at KL, can we have dogs with us..??

Can a developer apply or support special permit or whatever to allow its residence to have dogs living wif them..??

Btw, it looks like my suggestion for this poll is not accepted, somehow, it didn't turn to a poll at Poll section.. Frown

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Feb 3, 2007, 12:48 AM

Post #10 of 29 (12295 views)
Shortcut

hi ianlim..

ic good la u all take him as a part of ur family Frown

nopes my neighbor din realy k abt existance of a dog here. some ppl here also hav dog. so as long as our dogs behave, its ok with them

my hsmate is chinese. but they just chinese who hates dogs. keep quiet one them. but now i don k la. im moving nex mth also. to keep everyone hapy :)

my neighbor is muslim. but still, he ok one with my dog. he din even know i got dog until my dog barks at my hsmate and her mom

potter

Feb 9, 2007, 2:19 PM

Post #11 of 29 (12288 views)
Shortcut

I fall in condo with toy dog. My condo allow dogs though. I have seen Pitbulls, Rottie in this condo too!
potter

www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=410379

ianlim
Dog Kichi

Feb 10, 2007, 2:56 AM

Post #12 of 29 (12284 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
hi ianlim..

ic good la u all take him as a part of ur family

nopes my neighbor din realy k abt existance of a dog here. some ppl here also hav dog. so as long as our dogs behave, its ok with them

my hsmate is chinese. but they just chinese who hates dogs. keep quiet one them. but now i don k la. im moving nex mth also. to keep everyone hapy :)

my neighbor is muslim. but still, he ok one with my dog. he din even know i got dog until my dog barks at my hsmate and her mom

He is a famly since pup.!! Smile

Wow, gad your neighbour don't mind about it..

In Reply To
I fall in condo with toy dog. My condo allow dogs though. I have seen Pitbulls, Rottie in this condo too!

You mean, the management of you Condo allow pets? Maybe they have special permit or something..? If this is true, DBKL does's have the rights to 'kacau liao''..

Meaning, Condos and apartments can have dogs in certains circumstances and it's up to developer and their management, am i right?

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Feb 10, 2007, 7:45 PM

Post #13 of 29 (12277 views)
Shortcut

ianlim..

well, my neighbor also doesn k s long s molly a good citizen of condo (quiet).. in fact she is

my mgmt say, close 1 eye, open 1 eye.. so i think is they don mind s long s dogs don b too noisy and make everywhere especially the garden and corridors full off pupu and the owner not being responsible...

if really got this irresponsible owner who doesnt bother abt the dog being noisy at nites and also being dirty, got neighbor complain, then the mgmt also can call DBKL come and take charge one.. and kacau..

got once, i heard my opposite block got excessive barking.. looks like the owner not at home and the dog just barks whole night.. but a week later, i don hear any barks at all... so i tink , is either got ppl complain and DBKL came, or is the owner realise the problem and took some action.. but to me, i more belive is the former..

so, u r rite on ur last sentence.. normally chinese mgmt quite ok with dogs and pets.. provided the mgmt not hate dogs la...

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Feb 10, 2007, 7:48 PM

Post #14 of 29 (12275 views)
Shortcut
Re: [potter] How many of you live in a Condo or Apartments with your dog? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

oh yeah.. good news !

which condo u stay in?

potter

Feb 10, 2007, 8:00 PM

Post #15 of 29 (12272 views)
Shortcut

SmileI am in canada remember?
potter

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Feb 10, 2007, 8:20 PM

Post #16 of 29 (12270 views)
Shortcut
Re: [potter] How many of you live in a Condo or Apartments with your dog? [In reply to] Can't Post

potter...

oh ya ho.. forgot de... thousand apologies

its a norm that condo's in canada mostly permits dogs isit?

potter

Feb 10, 2007, 8:39 PM

Post #17 of 29 (12267 views)
Shortcut

Not really. There are a lot of condo here that do not allow dogs as well but in general, the condo that allow dogs are more than what you see in Malaysia although in Malaysia, allow or not, people still keep small dogs in their home which I think is fine hehe. I am dog biased.
potter

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Feb 10, 2007, 8:47 PM

Post #18 of 29 (12265 views)
Shortcut

potter..

i see... well, i guess they have their own considerations as well like in msia, jsut that they are just more open minded ?

yeah i believ in the phrase : rules are meant to be broken... ppl just hav the attitude of 'dont care that much'.. the difference is mild or strong oni.. hehe !

small dogs bark more in tendency. tat y molly is not small size...

ianlim
Dog Kichi

Feb 11, 2007, 10:29 AM

Post #19 of 29 (12258 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
ianlim..

well, my neighbor also doesn k s long s molly a good citizen of condo (quiet).. in fact she is

my mgmt say, close 1 eye, open 1 eye.. so i think is they don mind s long s dogs don b too noisy and make everywhere especially the garden and corridors full off pupu and the owner not being responsible...

if really got this irresponsible owner who doesnt bother abt the dog being noisy at nites and also being dirty, got neighbor complain, then the mgmt also can call DBKL come and take charge one.. and kacau..

got once, i heard my opposite block got excessive barking.. looks like the owner not at home and the dog just barks whole night.. but a week later, i don hear any barks at all... so i tink , is either got ppl complain and DBKL came, or is the owner realise the problem and took some action.. but to me, i more belive is the former..

so, u r rite on ur last sentence.. normally chinese mgmt quite ok with dogs and pets.. provided the mgmt not hate dogs la...

The doggy barks whole night when his owner not in, isn't this an alert of house breaking??

We got few a cases over the apartments here, it's funny, no matter on the ground or on top 3rd floors, those creeps still could crawl the wall and 'pecah rumah'.., the management clsoe one eye as well, but they says do not ever let anyon heard or see your dog, meaning we have to hide the doggy, and for this reason we rather seperate with our naughty brat although it was painful, the bumis here are strict, even though your doggy is quiet if they ever sees one dog with you in the apartment, you are doom.. Pirate

Atleast he still could dance the way he want to as a factory guard dog, and please note that he is the only doggy there, so, sort of being a 'KING' already, do i mention that he is a naughty brat? LOl..

There were once, our neighbour, got house breaking , and the worst is, our unit are just next to his, the walls are link together, and yet we did not realized when it happened.., it could be helpful is dogs are allow.. Unsure

In Reply To
Not really. There are a lot of condo here that do not allow dogs as well but in general, the condo that allow dogs are more than what you see in Malaysia although in Malaysia, allow or not, people still keep small dogs in their home which I think is fine hehe. I am dog biased.

Canada is a dream country that me and my family want to migrate to, whats the conditions?? I am a computer graduate.., lol.

I have frens from the US, and i heard US is heaven for dogs and dogs are allow in the aparments over there, not too sure at Canada though.., thanks for sharing... Wink

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Feb 12, 2007, 6:22 PM

Post #20 of 29 (12241 views)
Shortcut

ianlim..

hmmm housebraking ah.. how come i never think of it hehe ! maybe yes wo.. when come to think of it..

but. if dog barks cus of housebrreaking, and ppl complain, and the dog gets out of the place.. then very unfair to the dog also

i once heard got pecah rumah case hapening in my condo.. but dono if its that case le.. ibut anyway, i don k now.. gonna move out nex mth hehehe !

yea sometimes housebreaking by those idiots are just like veteran thing.. they can break in without the neighbor even knowing.. haizz.. wat has the world become

potter

Feb 12, 2007, 7:21 PM

Post #21 of 29 (12238 views)
Shortcut

It is such a sad thing when dogs have to be given away because of where you live, i.e. condo. Sad to say, we are govern by rules but I think if a dog is generally good, there shouldn't be a limit to keep a dog. Too bad I am not the one who decide on rules hehe. But to those who have a dog, if you exercise your dog before you go to work and after coming home for an hour each time, your dog will generally be quiet and sleep most of the time after you leave so no noise when you are not home!
potter

Amanda85
Doggyman

Feb 12, 2007, 8:17 PM

Post #22 of 29 (12236 views)
Shortcut

but sometimes moving 2 a condo/apart is not an excuse to give up d dog...

d rules had long been applied...every1 knows about it...is something like a general knowledge...

so y opt for a condo when u know there will b prob arise...

really sick of some of those ppl who give such a lame excuse at d 'dog for adoption thread'..

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

potter

Feb 12, 2007, 9:52 PM

Post #23 of 29 (12231 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] How many of you live in a Condo or Apartments with your dog? [In reply to] Can't Post

I do agree with you but sometimes people just can't afford a landed property because of the price compared to a condo and there are life circumstances that cannot be controlled. But I do pity dogs that have to be given up because of this especially dogs that have been with them for a long time. In Canada, you can;t even hide the dog if its not allowed. Getting caught will cost you. I guess there is a lot more to do if mankind wants to improve the life of animals.
potter

ianlim
Dog Kichi

Feb 13, 2007, 12:15 PM

Post #24 of 29 (12213 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
ianlim..

hmmm housebraking ah.. how come i never think of it hehe ! maybe yes wo.. when come to think of it..

but. if dog barks cus of housebrreaking, and ppl complain, and the dog gets out of the place.. then very unfair to the dog also

i once heard got pecah rumah case hapening in my condo.. but dono if its that case le.. ibut anyway, i don k now.. gonna move out nex mth hehehe !

yea sometimes housebreaking by those idiots are just like veteran thing.. they can break in without the neighbor even knowing.. haizz.. wat has the world become

The thing is, no matter how high we stay, the crawlers could still enter for house breaking, and i just read one article about house breaking to a unit located in 7th floor from in Chew Jit Poh, . WTH??! Frown

The fella managed to climbed from the ground via water sinking tube, and 7th floors isn't the highest of the apartments..

Then another case, there were once the grill and lock got damaged, so much of adding grills for protection, doggy is still the best..!! Frown

Now, i don't feel like going out for CNY, scare someone is waiting for us to go out and to do their dirty works..

And once again, it will be safer if dogs is allow, for god's sake, such rules isn't available on the year my parents was born.. Mad

In Reply To
It is such a sad thing when dogs have to be given away because of where you live, i.e. condo. Sad to say, we are govern by rules but I think if a dog is generally good, there shouldn't be a limit to keep a dog. Too bad I am not the one who decide on rules hehe. But to those who have a dog, if you exercise your dog before you go to work and after coming home for an hour each time, your dog will generally be quiet and sleep most of the time after you leave so no noise when you are not home!

Exactly.., Frown but, more than 18 years ago, dogs was allowed in non landed building, until i was standard 3, everything changed.., they said becauise too much people complaint, especially.., well you know who...

In Reply To
but sometimes moving 2 a condo/apart is not an excuse to give up d dog...

d rules had long been applied...every1 knows about it...is something like a general knowledge...

so y opt for a condo when u know there will b prob arise...

really sick of some of those ppl who give such a lame excuse at d 'dog for adoption thread'..

You are right at some point but definitely me and my family will not move in apartments or alike if we could landed properties, FYI, our apartment cost around MYR82k++..

We have been renting landed link house at Sri Petaling for the pass 15 years and this apartment is own home though..

Land house is primary choice, if only we could afford it.. Frown

In Reply To
I do agree with you but sometimes people just can't afford a landed property because of the price compared to a condo and there are life circumstances that cannot be controlled. But I do pity dogs that have to be given up because of this especially dogs that have been with them for a long time. In Canada, you can;t even hide the dog if its not allowed. Getting caught will cost you. I guess there is a lot more to do if mankind wants to improve the life of animals.

Thats my situation.. Isn't Canada just next to the US? And i have heard alot about dogs at the US, as i have frens at there too, they all says dogs are in heaven at there compares to here..

But based on what you told, it seems that US neighbour, Canada is not a doggy friendly country??? Unsure

Because i know, generally, US allow dogs in apartments though..

(This post was edited by ianlim on Feb 13, 2007, 12:22 PM)

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Feb 13, 2007, 8:06 PM

Post #25 of 29 (12204 views)
Shortcut

potter..

u rite. sad actually.. sometimes, we really hope tat we r the ones who set good rules and eliminate those stupiak rules... but again, as u said, we hav no power isnt it?

i really think, CGC certs arent tat applicable in our country where good dogs r included in the forbidden list..

a tired dog is a good dog.. so i agree on this tooo....

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my