Home: Breed Specific: Toy Group:
Help me pug squad!

madmoz

Apr 18, 2005, 12:07 AM

Post #1 of 8 (1121 views)
Shortcut
Help me pug squad! Can't Post

Hiya hiya!

Aiyoh aiyoh, my brother in law very pissed off with his 4 months old pug!

Biting his leg, his hands, his gf, his furniture and now his walls! Scratches everyone as well - and it hurts! He is H-Y-P-E-R!

He gets all the toys that he wants but is overtly posessive at the moment. Frown

Any tips from the pug members?

pinky55poo
ALPHA

Apr 19, 2005, 2:52 AM

Post #2 of 8 (1099 views)
Shortcut
Re: [madmoz] Help me pug squad! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi there,

hahaha sori to have to tell you that all puppies are HYPER! not only pug puppies. Your bro just have to have some PATIENCE & spend time or give some attention to the pup. I have 2 gals & my 2yr old is still like a monkey but at least a monkey that will listen lah. Look at it this way, better they be active & happy then inactive & dull which could mean they are not well, then lagi more worried.

cheers & I hope your bro will look at it positively & enjoy the pug, they are such adorable piggies.

sally
pug rules!

Amanda85
Doggyman

Apr 23, 2005, 2:50 AM

Post #3 of 8 (1075 views)
Shortcut

puppies are active and as they grow they'll behave better.

but choosing the right puppy from the litter is also important.

when there are a litter of puppies , you can notice some are hyper and some are dull (less hyper), some playing by themselves and some tends to dominant.

eventhough they are from the same breed, there could be possibility that they have different behavioral.

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

Rusty_Boy
K9 Maniac

Apr 30, 2005, 1:10 AM

Post #4 of 8 (1039 views)
Shortcut

hi,

my pug, rusty, used to be hyper active too when he was little. i almost gave him away Tongue. but now, he's an angel...

like your BIL's pug, he used to bite our legs n hands. wat u can do is stop him with a clear command "no" then ignore him (as punishment). in rusty's case, he normally nip on the toes when he's excited n wants to play. so, i'll say "no" then just stand right there until he's quiet down. sometimes, they do so to get attention from you. so the best is to show them it's not right by not giving them the attention they want. for eg., after the "no" just ignore him until he's quiet down. when he's quiet down, praise him. if he gets excited again, repeat the above. very soon(hopefully), they should learn wat to n wat not to do. if he bites when in ur arms, tell him "no" then put him down. the key to this is patience. u need to have a lot of patience. they may not get it the 1st day, week or even months...

as for the furniture biting, it could be due to the teething. u shud try your best to remove anything that you do not wish him to bite. of cos you can't possibly remove everything. for those furniture, maybe u can try those bitter spray thingy. so find it effective, some not.

good luck and have a lot of patience. if you are consistent and patient, you'll definitely find your effort worthwhile. pugs are really adorable.

where's your BIL? we at the do have gatherings from time to time. maybe you can invite your BIL to join us. u too r welcome to join us. then we can discuss abt it and i'm sure ur BIL will be glad to have a pug. Wink

cheers,

hn & rusty

shirelo
Dog Kichi

May 5, 2005, 11:39 PM

Post #5 of 8 (1009 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Rusty_Boy] Help me pug squad! [In reply to] Can't Post

My pug, Dao Dao also like to bite things especially towel. And, she like to pee & shit anywhere. It's make me very headache. Unsure

Can anyone tell me how to train my Dao Dao?

Thanks. Wink

pingpong
Novice

May 11, 2005, 2:17 AM

Post #6 of 8 (975 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shirelo] Help me pug squad! [In reply to] Can't Post

come and join us at pugssquad gathering....we talk nothing else but pug. you may learn a thing or two. all of us do go through the puppy stage and it takes a lot of patience but at the end it is all worthwhile.

shirelo
Dog Kichi

May 11, 2005, 4:19 AM

Post #7 of 8 (969 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pingpong] Help me pug squad! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
come and join us at pugssquad gathering....we talk nothing else but pug. you may learn a thing or two. all of us do go through the puppy stage and it takes a lot of patience but at the end it is all worthwhile.

Thanks. When is the pugssquad gathering? Frown

kitconnie78
ALPHA

May 11, 2005, 5:46 PM

Post #8 of 8 (963 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shirelo] Help me pug squad! [In reply to] Can't Post

You can go to website to find out more.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ? , ":./
| ;];]c_)
Cool kitconnie78 is the owner of Blush Bibi, Smile Eden, Minmin (Silky Terrier), Tongue Momo (M. Schnaunzer) Laugh Gobi (pug) Sly Magic (Border Collie) and Frown Ariel

(This post was edited by kitconnie78 on May 11, 2005, 5:47 PM)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my