IN

Home: Breed Specific: Utility Group:
Siu Kat's Ears!

madmoz

Apr 17, 2005, 11:48 PM

Post #1 of 9 (1509 views)
Shortcut
Siu Kat's Ears! Can't Post

Hiya hiya ppl! I really like the MS look, but Siu Kat's ears, well one of his ears is now standing up!Crazy

I saw a petshop in SS2, the one whose owner is a big big MS fan taping a twenty cent coin onto each ear to weigh them down! I've also read that ear-taping is sometimes done.

Any ideas? I am tempted to bring him there to get his ears 'taped' once his vaccination is complete. Is it ok/safe?

I don't want to CROP his earsMad!

Thanks!

Sydney
Doggyman

May 26, 2005, 2:41 AM

Post #2 of 9 (1451 views)
Shortcut
Re: [madmoz] Siu Kat's Ears! [In reply to] Can't Post

Dogs will grow so is their bones. When the dog's ears are down, it shows that they're still small and havent adapt yet. Bigger dogs have fullly grown earsSmile

It goes with silkies.

FrownFrownSidney's DogsterFrown
Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

patkris
Dog Kichi

Jun 24, 2005, 5:53 PM

Post #3 of 9 (1408 views)
Shortcut

hei madmoz...last time my Ricky ears oso 1 up, 1 downUnsure.by that time, Ricky ears got earmiteShocked so vet suspect its because his ear pain. but the other doc said i groom his hair to much on the up side of the ear. than cause it light and jump up wor...Laugh

but now he is back 2 normal Ricky.WinkSo dun worry, he'll b fine. and ear-tapping is proven effect.so just go 4 it. Siu Kat's won't feel pain.Angelic

Hope he get back as normal like RICKY. Angelic

Schnauzer is the best

RICKY Boy u must grown as an obedient doggie..

madmoz

Jun 24, 2005, 10:36 PM

Post #4 of 9 (1402 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
I don't want to CROP his earsMad!

Well, thanks for the advise. But if you'd noticed Siu Kat's latest pics, I DID crop his earsUnimpressed He's a-ok now - the vet was very experienced.

oahams7
Novice

Sep 19, 2005, 8:32 AM

Post #5 of 9 (1342 views)
Shortcut

hi there..

may i know where's the vet clinic location?cuz i need an experience vet to crop my schnauzer's ears too..

can u send me an email to leave it contact number?

thanks ~Wink appreaciate ur kindness help!

Man Man - Welcome Guests!
www.dogster.com/?180888

Popeye - Anti Guests!
www.dogster.com/?196289

madmoz

Sep 21, 2005, 2:06 AM

Post #6 of 9 (1319 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oahams7] Siu Kat's Ears! [In reply to] Can't Post

He's in Port Klang. I believe a lot of the other members have heard about him, so ask around. Or you can email me at madmoz @ melpanas . kom okie.

oahams7
Novice

Sep 21, 2005, 8:44 PM

Post #7 of 9 (1304 views)
Shortcut

Blush oic...i heard him before too..is he Dr. Thomas ,if i m not mistaken! can u roughly tell me how much he charges? after operation, will he suffer or bring lots of problems? thanks for ur info anyway..

www.dogster.com/?180888

Popeye - Anti Guests!
www.dogster.com/?196289

madmoz

Sep 24, 2005, 8:26 PM

Post #8 of 9 (1284 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oahams7] Siu Kat's Ears! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

It's been a while, and i can't really remember for sure what the charges were, but if I'm not mistaken the actual operation was RM250 and RM20 per dressing. We went for about 9 dressings altogether.

The process is however painful - both for Siu Kat and I, especially during dressing sessions. Furthermore, his ears will smell HORRIBLE for the whole duration.

Also, I remember that Siu Kat will shiver even as we approach the traffic lights to the clinic and it took me and my fiancee another whole month to regain Siu Kat's trust - he would snap everytime we tried to pluck the hair around his ears.

(This post was edited by madmoz on Sep 24, 2005, 8:29 PM)

oahams7
Novice

Nov 16, 2005, 9:07 PM

Post #9 of 9 (1229 views)
Shortcut

hey,thanks for the info before i bring popeye to crop his ears..he's awesome now..but do need to do some aftercare surgery!

I was wondering y siu kat need to do 9 times dressing?Popeye only did 2 times then the vet said need not to come anymore!May I know how old was ur siu kat wen do the ear cropping?

Reli Thanks a lot!

www.dogster.com/?180888

Popeye - Anti Guests!
www.dogster.com/?196289

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my