Home: Dog and Puppy Training: House Breaking:
Chainging location of Poo

mikichua
Novice

Apr 14, 2005, 2:09 AM

Post #1 of 4 (1391 views)
Shortcut
Chainging location of Poo Can't Post

If anyone can help. I have a cocker spaniel name Missy. SHe is 7 months old now. When i 1st brought her home i tried to trained her to poo on the newspaper..trying all sorts of spray for house breaking.. obviously it didn't work. somehow one day she did it all by herself. Congrate to her.

however i had to move her out form the house for 1 to 2 month because the room she is staying is havign some renovation and my mom doesn't like her fur dropping all over. eventually she start to get use to poo-ing in the garden.

1. Now after soem time, i would like her to join me back in my house, how can i trained her back?

2. why is her fur dropping like nobody business? is she eating the wrong food? (alpo for puppies)

3. how to get silky coat for cocker spaniels?

Sydney
Doggyman

Apr 14, 2005, 3:27 AM

Post #2 of 4 (1386 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mikichua] Chainging location of Poo [In reply to] Can't Post

Well pooping in the garden is good fertilizer...Crazy. Sry ran out of topic...Maybe cocker sheds fur like pugs. So can drop. You can train her back cs she's still young

FrownFrownSidney's DogsterFrown
Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

happytux
Dog Kichi

Apr 15, 2005, 4:08 PM

Post #3 of 4 (1373 views)
Shortcut

Hiya!

(1) Since she does her business in the garden, it's already a good thing but you have to keep in mind that the garden , by all means, should not be also where she sleeps... If she has a dog house outside and she goes to the garden to pee & poop, that's good. Eventually if you bring her back in the house, you wil have to take her to the garden consistently to pee & poop... otherwise, there will be accidents in the house. You have to supervise your dog very closely during the period of adjustment...

(2) Your puppy is still young and has a lot of pup fur... and also in the process of changing hair.. mind you, pup fur is different from adult fur.. so, be prepared for these changes as well. To be safem, if I were you, I would also take my pup to do a check up to rule out medical problems..

(3) silky coat .. try cod liver oil or salmon oil.. they work really well... otherwise, anything with omega-3 is good for them... WIth those cod liver oil/salmon oil.. you can buy it from local pharmacy .. give him one tablet a day to start and see how it goes. Some dogs thrive on salmon oil.. while some on cod liver, olive oil or canola oil.. Also, food might be a problem... if you feed the type of food that's too rich like lamb based ( even lamb is good for their fur), some dogs may not thrive on it.. Dry fur could also mean malnutrition. That's why I recommend you to take your pup to the vet to rule out med reasons...

Good luck to you! Don't you love those cockers?! they are soooo lovable!
Happytux

lapdog
Novice

Aug 17, 2005, 2:54 AM

Post #4 of 4 (1163 views)
Shortcut

Her fur should not be dropping. Cocker spaniels don't shed at all. (Unless she is a mix and you don't know it)

Alpo is BAD BAD food. Switch to something better. I don't know whats available to you over there, but if you tell me, I can recommend something.

Can you get Natural Balance, Wellness, Royal canin, neutro, diamond, Innova? Maybe order online. Iams and Eukanuba are not the best, but better than Alpo. Make sure you use an allergy formula.

You can bring her back in, of course. You can take her out to the garden to go or re-train her on the paper. If you take her out, pick up the poo, so your mother is happy!!

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my