Home: Dog and Puppy Training: Socializing, playtime, tricks and things....:
Dogs suited 4 obedience, agility n tricks

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

WendyS
Enthusiast

Sep 13, 2005, 1:28 AM

Post #26 of 34 (1362 views)
Shortcut
Re: [groovemaster] Dogs suited 4 obedience, agility n tricks [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, I saw you & Groovy did the agility demo yesterday at Central Park, wow....fantastic lah ....especially the weaving, so neat & fast, so seronok to watch! Luckily the MC gave us another chance to see again!

Where & when do you guys meet monthly? I wish to join too if time permits & if you all don't mind....I feel Sweet Pea will like it coz now I often bring her to the park to play with slide and I let her jump thru hoop at home, I hope I can learn from you guys and she will have the opportunity to try other agility equipments and play with other doggies!

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 13, 2005, 5:35 PM

Post #27 of 34 (1347 views)
Shortcut
Re: [WendyS] Dogs suited 4 obedience, agility n tricks [In reply to] Can't Post

WendyS

so do ur dog feel scared ar when play with slide? 1 of my dog so enjoy but anotehr very the scared leh.. Pirate

Regards,

Yang

WendyS
Enthusiast

Sep 13, 2005, 11:03 PM

Post #28 of 34 (1339 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leecy] Dogs suited 4 obedience, agility n tricks [In reply to] Can't Post

The slide that we normally play is the traditional type (made from steel & cement) and about 6 feet high, at first she stopped halfway at the stairs, so I climbed along with her, then I pushed her down slightly, so she got no choice but to go down the slide by herself lor, heh heh....After that she's not scared already, she will walk down the slide but not in very fast speed yet Wink

WendyS
Enthusiast

Sep 13, 2005, 11:10 PM

Post #29 of 34 (1336 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leecy] Dogs suited 4 obedience, agility n tricks [In reply to] Can't Post

How many dogs do you have and what breed? I mean your own pets, not the rescued ones oh Wink And which of your dog likes slide?

groovemaster
Enthusiast

Sep 13, 2005, 11:37 PM

Post #30 of 34 (1333 views)
Shortcut

Cool Glad u enjoyed it. Think most spectators like d pole weave coz seldom get d chance 2 c it here. Dat was only d 8 pole weave, d competition std calls for 12 poles…lagi best. D fanatics in USA even hv a competition involving a 60 pole weave!! Shocked

If u get d chance, check out d larger dogs at d weave. Coz deir body length is longer dey can do d stylo side step weave whereby dey seem 2 b weaving thru 2-3 poles at d same time, faster n really cool. Smaller dogs can only manage d hoppity hop step like groovy.

Sweet Pea seems 2 b game 2 try on different obstacles. At empty parks, she can also try out d see saw n tunnels as well. If u wanna take up d sport later on, can drop by n hv a look c at Puppycom’s training sessions (normally on Sundays 9.30 am at Tmn Desa)…dey hv really neat competition std equipment, imported.

Will pm u on further details of our fun sessions or do u hv an email add?

Feeling groovy? ... den take a peek at 'GroovyDogsJustWannaHvFun'

WendyS
Enthusiast

Sep 14, 2005, 2:20 AM

Post #31 of 34 (1324 views)
Shortcut
Re: [groovemaster] Dogs suited 4 obedience, agility n tricks [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow, 60 pole weave, I want to see...I want to see! Unfortunately we don't have it here Unsure

How you make Groovy did the hoppity hop? I mean did he do that naturally when he had to go so fast and the gap between the poles are quite small?

I find that the see-saw at the children park is too heavy, it won't go down when Sweet Pea walks on it, my son can lah Wink I have tunnel at home, it's quite long something like the one in agility, maybe little bit shorter and the material is not so hardy lah, but still can work! The hoop that I used is normal one, need someone to hold it, I asked my son to help, but always need to tell him 'higher higher' or 'lower lower', haha... Crazy

Yes, I plan to go Tmn Desa to see the ob & agility training! I have not decided which day yet, but I'll sure come one day! Thanks, can email me at sum_yw@yahoo.com.

groovemaster
Enthusiast

Sep 14, 2005, 9:16 PM

Post #32 of 34 (1315 views)
Shortcut

Smile Yah he’ll do d hoppity hop weave naturally coz he needs 2 go real fast. Initially, ven learning d weave, it’ll likely b an obvious jump from side 2 side. As ur dog gets used 2 d weave motion, den it’ll bcome an angled hop slightly 2 d front n side, hence allowing 4 a faster weave. U’ll need a really tempting treat/ toy 2 motivate dem 2 weave fast.

Is Sweet Pea S, M or L size? If M or L, den she can learn d stylo step side weave ie. push thru d poles with her nose in front n her fore legs criss-crossing d poles in front. With dis motion, d body will naturally follow suit n will appear 2 b snaking thru 2-3 poles at d same time.

Blush Ha ha see saw cant move…mayb ven she puts on more weight den. Yah v also use d child’s tunnel 4 play n agility.

WendyS
Enthusiast

Sep 15, 2005, 12:02 AM

Post #33 of 34 (1311 views)
Shortcut

I see. Now Sweet Pea is doing the jumping from side to side like what you said for the beginning Tongue sometimes her teeth touched my hand like wanted to grab the treat, scary lah coz her teeth is sharp...how to overcome this? Do you mean if I move my hand very fast, she would do the hoppity hop naturally?

Haha...Sweet Pea is size S now, she weighed 3.25kg about half a month ago. I don't know what is stylo step side weave, but I wish to see how is it if there is any M/L sized dogs in the agility training classes Wink

groovemaster
Enthusiast

Sep 15, 2005, 1:28 AM

Post #34 of 34 (1303 views)
Shortcut

Wink If u hv a very tempting treat/ toy, den she’ll usually weave faster. Yah also hv 2 move ur hand swiftly in n out d poles/ cones, I guess. After she’s used 2 d zig zag motion, can limit ur hand movement 2 just keeping ur fist (with treat) held straight in front of her nose just by d side of d poles, as u shuffle forward in small steps. She’ll still continue 2 weave but as ur fist is held in front, she shld b more focused on hopping at a forward angle as well, instead of just sideways.

Ven training 4 d weave, most pups will nip slightly if u r holding deir fav treat/ toy. U wanna maintain d level of enthusiasm but also make sure it dun bcom a habit. Best 2 reprimand n control d nipping in d early stages.

Hv only actually seen a couple of M/L dogs doing d side step weave properly but there r hardly any in d training sessions. Check out dis site 4 some really neat dog sports n side step weaving action, events.purina.com/dogs/events/index.aspx?medialist_14

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my