Home: General: Chit Chat:
Favourite "KONG" Recipes

.Lab
Enthusiast

Apr 10, 2005, 5:31 AM

Post #1 of 3 (906 views)
Shortcut
Favourite "KONG" Recipes Can't Post

I know many of you have KONGs. But what are your favourite recipes?

I went for dinner tonight at 'Ming Tien' and next door was my favourite pet shop. I've seen KONGs for sale there before and had already planned to buy one for my puppy. So after waiting ages for the food to come and to finish, I went next door. Hehe, it was a hard decision. I had read that KONGs can bounce so I threw it on the floor and it went bouncing away. Had to catch it. Made LOT of noise Blush heh. There were Large Xtreme KONGs, King Size Red KONGs, Large Red KONGs, and Dental KONGs. The Large Red ones were more expensive than a Black one of the same size Unsure. I decided to take the Black one because it was within my budget and also because Hazel chews very aggressively. I am happy with it, took Hazel almost 10 mins to get out a few torn pieces of Beggin' Stripes. Then she had a fun time dropping the KONG and catching it again as it bounced away. I finally could smash fish food for our new fish((Small.. fish..!)) in peace!

That was my story. Tommorrow, before I go to church, I'm gonna give her the KONG in which her breakfast lies. It'll keep her from being bored. And it can't roll out our gate and can't break, can bounce, so we can enjoy a game of fetch too! The recipe I got from the Internet, with a bit of changes Smile.

I took a cup of Hazel's NUTRO kibbles and stuffed the KONG. Then I stuffed the small hole with peanut butter. But I think it stuck to the bottom of the plastic container I use to hold it up. Oh well. Then I poured water inside. Unfortunately, it dribbled out of the small hole through the peanut butter. But it soaked into the kibble so maybe it'll be slightly frozen. High hopes, high hopes Wink. Then I took a chunk of peanut butter((No one seems to be eating that.. so.. I get mischevious)) and stuffed the big hole since Hazel's DentaStix aren't big enough to stuff it. Now it's freezing away. My mother was scared that the wet kibble inside would stick to the KONG and Hazel would give up on it. Eh..Unimpressed.

What are your experiences with the mighty KONG and your favourite recipes? Lets share!

.Lab Frown Frown

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hazel = A Terror in Disguise!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Toy
K9 Maniac

Apr 12, 2005, 5:31 AM

Post #2 of 3 (870 views)
Shortcut
Re: [.Lab] Favourite "KONG" Recipes [In reply to] Can't Post

May I know what is Kong? I always heard abt tht but i dont actually know what is it actually? can u pls explain or add photo? or anybody??

.Lab
Enthusiast

Apr 15, 2005, 12:05 AM

Post #3 of 3 (845 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Toy] Favourite "KONG" Recipes [In reply to] Can't Post

Hmm? Oh yes what is a KONG.

www.kongcompany.com

Or something. Search Google for it. I will give you my description.

A KONG is basicly a tough rubber toy. Most of them come in the shape of a snowman with a large hole at the bottom and a small one on top. Mine is the Black Xtreme one as listed above but there is also a bouncy red one for the less aggressive chewers.

.Lab Frown Frown

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hazel = A Terror in Disguise!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my