Dog fleas!

carmenii
New User

Apr 8, 2005, 6:16 PM

Post #1 of 7 (1578 views)
Shortcut
Dog fleas! Can't Post

Hi dog-lovers,

I am new to this forum. As a brief intro - I am from USJ and have a 5 months old schnauzer. During weekends, I will travel back to my "kampung" (parents house) so I will bring my dog along for the weekend sleep-over. My parents have 2 labradors at home, and in the kampung, houses are not gated or fenced so they are free to roam around and mixed with other dogs. Thus, the fleas (kutu!) are really causing a problem to me.

Initially I thought I could just give schnauzer a bath and pick out the bigger kutu. But the smaller ones are hanging on tight to his skin, in between his hair especially around his hairy ears and also hairy mouth area. I don't know what to do because there are hundreds of them!

I went to a pet shop and there is a vet there who suggested some kind of injection. But I don't like the idea of giving injection to my dog. They also suggested some 'poison' to be poured on the dog but again, the dog will lick at the fluid and could swallow the poison.

Does any of you fellow dog-lovers have encounter this problem before, and what is the best solution to this? without hurting the poor dog...

chrisong
Doggyman

Apr 9, 2005, 6:17 AM

Post #2 of 7 (1558 views)
Shortcut
Re: [carmenii] Dog fleas! [In reply to] Can't Post

Front-line spray is your solution.Wink

Terri Chai
Enthusiast

Apr 11, 2005, 4:03 AM

Post #3 of 7 (1553 views)
Shortcut

Yup! I agreed with Chis. Front Line does really work... YOu may want to try the 'Tube type' coz it's really effective.
And to prevent any more fleas or ticks problem.. maybe u want to get the Front Line spray... so whenever u bring ur puppy out... U just spray a little to the coat.. I guarantee u... nothing will come near ur darling. Hehehehe!!!
You can get Front Line from any pet shops.

a_evie
Doggyman

Apr 11, 2005, 5:03 AM

Post #4 of 7 (1547 views)
Shortcut

front line in particular the spot on is more effective for chronic cases. however in using it, pls make sure you follow the instructions carefully.

patrick_the_pup
New User

Apr 19, 2005, 12:35 AM

Post #5 of 7 (1527 views)
Shortcut
Re: [a_evie] Dog fleas! [In reply to] Can't Post

What if the dog licks the fur or something like that...will it be dangerous for her ?

Regards,

Patrick the Pup

a_evie
Doggyman

Apr 19, 2005, 6:51 AM

Post #6 of 7 (1511 views)
Shortcut
Re: [patrick_the_pup] Dog fleas! [In reply to] Can't Post

class4 poison if not mistaken. so oklar...

some like the flea collars for the reason that furkid won't lick the collar...although i know of some really mischievious ones who have eaten up their own collar (one of my girls chipsy used to do that).

Nickky
Dog Kichi

May 1, 2005, 7:06 AM

Post #7 of 7 (1489 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] Dog fleas! [In reply to] Can't Post

Chris,

Just wondering if the frontline is safe ( for Tube) after 48hrs in your oppinion as my children hstle and tussle with the dogs . yikming

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my