bad weather doggie

a_man24
New User

Apr 4, 2005, 6:03 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1040 views)
Shortcut
bad weather doggie Can't Post

hello

i got a wonderful golden retriever but the problem with him is that he is dreadfully afraid of

thunder and lighning. i've been reading the net on dog tips but somehow it don't really works.

so if anyone can recommend any good training schools for my dog will appreciate it.

i just need him to be calm when there's rain, thunder and loud noises

thanks

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Apr 15, 2005, 9:28 PM

Post #2 of 3 (981 views)
Shortcut
Re: [a_man24] bad weather doggie [In reply to] Can't Post

well let the dog face his fears. how old is he? there is post here on dogs that are afraid of thunder. try the method as it works. if it doesnt work your dog, then maybe u have to try harder

Amanda85
Doggyman

Apr 27, 2005, 8:33 PM

Post #3 of 3 (960 views)
Shortcut
Re: [a_man24] bad weather doggie [In reply to] Can't Post

dog's being afraid of thunder is also a psychological problem which is much similar to human who had phobia.

phobia might due to unpleasant expericence or naturally born to be so.

some dogs are afraid of thunder, while other do not.

my mongrel aren't afraid of thunder at all and i always assume that all mongrel behave the same.

did ur Golden behave badly during the thunder are he is just frigthen and shiver?

maybe u could try to put him indoor, distract his attention by playing or feeding him.

or maybe let him listen to some music (which are meant for dogs)

unfortunately, i don;t think we had any training school for this kind of dog behavioural problem.

i'm not experience in this, but just some suggestion.

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my