PAWS 2005 AGM

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Apr 1, 2005, 5:32 PM

Post #1 of 23 (3135 views)
Shortcut
PAWS 2005 AGM Can't Post

For those who is interested,

The AGM will be held in April 17th 2005. Venue, not known yet.

The closing for accepting application forms to be a member of PAWS falls on April 10th, 2005.

For those who have yet to register yourself please do so. Yearly membership is only RM 20. Help to make a difference.

cheers,
minglmy

Cynhor
Enthusiast

Apr 2, 2005, 6:56 AM

Post #2 of 23 (3072 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] PAWS 2005 AGM [In reply to] Can't Post

This EGM and AGM is important. Its a case of make or break for PAWS as an animal shelter.

Please sign up if you are not yet a member. Most of you reading this forum will have a pretty good idea of what are the issues at PAWS. Please do not criticise and condemn... give this society and charity a fighting chance.

We need leaders and good people to run this place.

Volunteers@work

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Apr 3, 2005, 1:46 AM

Post #3 of 23 (3052 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Cynhor] PAWS 2005 AGM [In reply to] Can't Post

Cynthia.

Do you still have anymore forms with u ? I can help to distribute it around .... just that I'm working on saturday nowdays and is unable to go to paws to get the forms to pass around.

cheers,
minglmy

Cynhor
Enthusiast

Apr 3, 2005, 6:25 AM

Post #4 of 23 (3024 views)
Shortcut

I have sent a softcopy (PDF) to your email address.

If anyone reading this discussion thread wants a copy, pls email me directly. cynhor@yahoo.com

Regards

no7
Novice

Apr 4, 2005, 2:55 AM

Post #5 of 23 (2984 views)
Shortcut

ddear lady,
No 7 went to Paw last friday to register as a member so as to qualify to vote for the coming Agm but was told I cannot pay cash leh because its a new regulation, I need to buy money order and cannot bring the application form back Leh, Thie person incharge is a lady together with a fat gentleman, Am I being told the truth or am I being conned?
UnimpressedUnimpressedUnimpressed

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Apr 4, 2005, 5:02 PM

Post #6 of 23 (2947 views)
Shortcut

Thanks Cynthia ! I will check it out ... btw, which email did u send it to ?

cheers,
minglmy

juliana16
Novice

Apr 4, 2005, 5:49 PM

Post #7 of 23 (2939 views)
Shortcut
Re: [no7] PAWS 2005 AGM [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear No. 7

You can take back the application form & you can pay by cheque. If you want, I can have the form sent to you & will submit it to PAWS on your behalf by this Sunday. Call me at 2031 9199 (O)

Morphware
Novice

Apr 4, 2005, 9:23 PM

Post #8 of 23 (2920 views)
Shortcut
Re: [juliana16] PAWS 2005 AGM [In reply to] Can't Post

Frowncan get form here

http://www.geocities.com/...r/pawsmemberform.jpg

Please join and please vote for the right people Frown

Cynhor
Enthusiast

Apr 5, 2005, 6:43 AM

Post #9 of 23 (2890 views)
Shortcut

Sent it to acapacific. Hope that is ok.

feipor
Novice

Apr 5, 2005, 1:20 PM

Post #10 of 23 (2876 views)
Shortcut

dear cynhor

i have a few q's

-have u found a solution to deal with the phantom voters?

ie do u have a gate keeper to ensure only registered and valid members hands are counted? i have friends

who are non member but was there to raise hand, and counted.

-what is the agenda for this agm? to bring down who? why all these has to be secretive and keep in the

dark until the agm day? isnt it too late for ppls to know what is inside? What is different this time from the

last AGM, has things been improved? or not? where is the improved areas? less mercilless killing of dogs?

messy and missing accts? we still have the same VP and same VET. why is the current President incapable

of getting a better vet? are we gonna vote her down? or keep her? what has she done for PAWS i heard

she is no better than the last President. (what i heard is important bcos i heard it fr the Paws volunteers

who help there often. so we need to be corrected by evidence if u think we are criticising.) Dont expect

ppls to go there and vote, as per your set of menu, without convincing reasons in a timely manner. nobody

like to be told to make decision hastily.

Cynhor if u can give some respects to the ppls u r trying to get support what u do must be transparent and not secretive. u had been posting in Paws section but has been away for months and now suddenly u r asking

for public support again. Have u analysed why did u failed in the last AGM and have a strategy to deal with

it this time? WE need to know all these before we put in our time and money to support u again. btw i m

speaking on behalf of a few members.

feipor
Novice

Apr 5, 2005, 1:35 PM

Post #11 of 23 (2875 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Morphware] PAWS 2005 AGM [In reply to] Can't Post

dear morphware.

Vote for the right person? who are the right persons? Can we Vote out the vet there bcos he is definatly the WRONG person? if not, who can vote HIM out? the last president? the present president? they all failed to vote the lousy vet out, who will be the new president? how sure are u that the new p can assured us to vote the vet out? its without a doubt that the vet has to be out asap, agreed by all pass presidents,vp, present president, vp(same as last) and all the sleeping committees. NONE put in the effort of getting him out despite many problems caused by him (we been told of 1000 excuses why they couldnt get him out, but again n again we been told by the same group of persons that DR Vet is the major problem). but now we have the same ppls asking us to support them again.................

This group of ppls some have the heart of gold i must admit, but thier consistently wrong strategies. weak will power and low guts level failed to gain any of our respect. After the big hoohaa of the AGM, things be the same again but maybe with different new faces who try to gain fr the social status of being a somebody of some societies.

I really hope i m wrong.

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Apr 5, 2005, 5:28 PM

Post #12 of 23 (2861 views)
Shortcut

Hi Cynthia,

No worries, I have the softcopy posted up by morphware ! thanks ya !

cheers,
minglmy

Morphware
Novice

Apr 5, 2005, 6:41 PM

Post #13 of 23 (2849 views)
Shortcut
Re: [feipor] PAWS 2005 AGM [In reply to] Can't Post

Please rest assured that this AGM will be done properly, and if you get your membership in ASAP you should get an AGM pack containing what the new president has been working so hard on. I got mine thats how I know.

Also the stupid vet is employed and because he is, he is protected by the labor laws of this country, so getting him out of there has to be done legally. This is why we need to have people voting for Dr Cheng and her people because they will get it done. The committee is split and the old lady is keeping that dumb vet around because he gets his family and riend to go to the AGM so that she can stay in the committee.

SO get rid of her and we get rid of him, got it?

Cynhor
Enthusiast

Apr 5, 2005, 7:14 PM

Post #14 of 23 (2844 views)
Shortcut

-have u found a solution to deal with the phantom voters? YES

-what is the agenda for this agm? to bring down who? why all these has to be secretive and keep in the dark until the agm day? IF YOU JOINED UP AS A MEMBER, THEN YOU WILL RECEIVE A EAGM AND AGM NOTICE IN THE MAIL AS PER REQUIREMENTS IN THE PAWS CONSTITUTION. DID YOU KNOW THERE ARE RULES GOVERNING THESE MEETINGS TO MAKE IT LEGAL? AS A MEMBER, DO YOU HAVE A COPY OF THIS CONSTITUTION?

What is different this time from the last AGM, has things been improved? IF YOU HAD STEPPED INTO PAWS LAST YEAR AND AGAIN TODAY, YOU WILL NOTICE THE DIFFERENCE.

where is the improved areas? less mercilless killing of dogs? THAT CAN ONLY STOP WHEN THERE IS FULL CONTROL. THE VP AND HER CRONIES HAVE PREVENTED CHANGE, SO EVERY STEP IS A STEP UP HILL.

we still have the same VP and same VET. why is the current President incapable of getting a better vet? are we gonna vote her down? or keep her? what has she done for PAWS i heard she is no better than the last President. (what i heard is important bcos i heard it fr the Paws volunteers
I GUESS YOU DO NOT KNOW MUCH ABOUT LABOUR LAWS GOVERNING EMPLOYER/EMPLOYEE RELATIONS. GO ASK AND PERHAPS YOU WILL FIND OUT THAT EVEN LARGE MULTINATIONAL COMPANIES CANNOT FIRE PEOPLE THAT EASILY. THE VP WAS SUPPORTED BY 4 OF HER OWN PEOPLE IN THE COMMITTEE, AND MAHA IS HER GOLDEN BOY. WHY ELSE DID HIS FAMILY MEMBERS VOTE FOR THE VP AND HER CRONIES.

SHE DID AFTER ALL HIRE HIM 5 YEARS AGO AND PROTECTED HIM ALL THIS WHILE.

THE RULES SAYS THAT THE PRESIDENT HAS ONLY 1 VOTE IN COMMITTEE MEETINGS, SO IS IT HER FAULT IF SHE IS OUT NUMBERED?

Cynhor if u can give some respects to the ppls u r trying to get support what u do must be transparent and not secretive. u had been posting in Paws section but has been away for months and now suddenly u r asking
for public support again. Have u analysed why did u failed in the last AGM and have a strategy to deal with

RESPECT IS EARNED, NEVER DEMANDED. SEVERAL MONTHS TO LET THE NEW COMMITTEE COME TO GRIPS WITH RUNNING PAWS WITHOUT BREATHING DOWN THEIR THROATS. ISN'T THAT JUST FAIR PLAY. AFTER ALL, EVEN I COULD WISH/PRAY THAT THE NEW PEOPLE VOTED IN (EVEN IF THEY ARE THE VP'S PEOPLE) ARE WORKING TOGETHER BECAUSE THEY LOVE ANIMALS...

transparent and not secretive
HOW MANY PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM GIVE THEIR FULL NAME AND TELEPHONE NUMBER? DO YOU?

EVIDENCE? HAVE YOU NOT ATTEND THE LAST AGM AND SEEN IT WITH YOUR OWN EYES THAT IT WAS A SHAM. AND IS NOT THE CONDITION AND TREATMENT OF THE ANIMALS AT PAWS BY MAHA EVIDENCE ENOUGH? WHAT KIND OF CONVINCING EVIDENCE DO YOU NEED?

THE PRESIDENT WORKED SO HARD TO NEUTER AS MANY ANIMALS AS POSSIBLE, THEN IMPROVE THE CONDITION THAT THEY WERE HOUSED. AND THE VP AND MAHA TRIED TO SABOTAGE THINGS TIME AND AGAIN. ARE YOU WILLING TO LET THIS CONTINUE? OR PERHAPS YOU SHOULD GET YOURSELF IN THE COMMITTEE AND WORK TOWARDS CHANGE. IT IS GREAT TO SIT ON THE SIDELINES AND BE CRITICAL.

BE CONSTRUCTIVE INSTEAD, PLENTY OF TALK FROM PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM... AND ALWAYS JUST TALK, RUMOURS, COMPLAINTS... I TEND TO TRUST PEOPLE WHO ARE AT PAWS CLEANING WOUNDS, SHOVELING UP THE SHIT, PAINTING WALLS, SCRUBBING FLOORS ETC. AND THOSE WHO PROVE THEIR WORTH BY STANDING UP TO THAT IDIOT VET AND THE VP.

WHO DO YOU TRUST?

JUST FOLLOW YOUR HEAD AND YOUR HEART AT THE AGM. THAT IS ALL WE NEED.

(This post was edited by Cynhor on Apr 5, 2005, 7:20 PM)

feipor
Novice

Apr 5, 2005, 8:15 PM

Post #15 of 23 (2830 views)
Shortcut

ok cynhor

very good reply. thanks for the explaination. the President has to spay/neuter the animals, that is a joke. that joke is not enuf a reason to fire Maha. i know labour law enuf to know what is INcompetent. Have u or anyone consulted a lawyer and they tell u this is not advisable to sack Maha bcos of the situation? ie, the backing of VP....if not u should do that. Get a copy of Labour law and read it over. i have read that i did a law degree. For the AGM, is it possible to get a lawyer as the witness of the legallity of the VOTE? if this failed again, how do u convince ppls to attend the next AGM? yes i was at the LAST AGM. I wouldnt comment on this issue if i had not been putting in my fair part of effort in getting paws in better shape. on top of being a volunteers (i must admit i didnt scrup the floor and clear the grass) but i have donated a substantial sum enuf for them to hire many more workers to do the scrubbing and cleaning. may i ask u, why has all the donation gone? and why do u have to scrup the floor and clear the grass when the first priority is to get PAWS on track and help the poor souls over there. THE POLICIES and the IMPLEMENTATION??? NONE.

DID YOU KNOW THERE ARE RULES GOVERNING THESE MEETINGS TO MAKE IT LEGAL? (ok do u have any idea of the legality of the last AGM? and what r u talking abt? the last AGM was a joke and where is the legality? did u or any of ur group challenge that? NONE!)

I hope u r not encouraging ppls join put in thier time and efforts and resources only to turn up for scrubbing and cleaning and thinking everything is fine they have done thier fair part in HELPING paws. that is not the real help, so pls dont set urself as and example to that. (that is what i called the wrong strategies)

I GUESS YOU DO NOT KNOW MUCH ABOUT LABOUR LAWS GOVERNING EMPLOYER/EMPLOYEE RELATIONS. GO ASK AND PERHAPS YOU WILL FIND OUT THAT EVEN LARGE MULTINATIONAL COMPANIES CANNOT FIRE PEOPLE THAT EASILY. THE VP WAS SUPPORTED BY 4 OF HER OWN PEOPLE IN THE COMMITTEE, AND MAHA IS HER GOLDEN BOY. WHY ELSE DID HIS FAMILY MEMBERS VOTE FOR THE VP AND HER CRONIES. (i can assure u that u know even litter abt labour law and how to run a company, perhaps in this setting. althougth i m not practising law but in my work i m surrounded by competent legal advisors advising strategies as to handling/sacking and hiring of employee....)

BE CONSTRUCTIVE INSTEAD, PLENTY OF TALK FROM PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM... AND ALWAYS JUST TALK, RUMOURS, COMPLAINTS... I TEND TO TRUST PEOPLE WHO ARE AT PAWS CLEANING WOUNDS, SHOVELING UP THE SHIT, PAINTING WALLS, SCRUBBING FLOORS ETC. AND THOSE WHO PROVE THEIR WORTH BY STANDING UP TO THAT IDIOT VET AND THE VP.

WHO DO YOU TRUST?
(my post is meant to be constructive, criticisms are not meant to be destructive all the time, the perception that this posting is destructive is based on ur upbringing and exposure, sadly is not experience enuf to b able to seize the situation and open to suggestions and advise. again, sad that u trust ppls who go shoveling the shit, paint the walls , scrubbing floors and not TRUST or listen to Suggestion for ppls who can help to do more than collect shit,paint and scrub. this seems to be the group that u r with and How can u win against the cunning VP, maha and thier supporters who sit and watch u guys Scrubbing floors, painting walls and collect shit? HOW can u gain RESPECTS? as u said respect is EARNED. fyi i m not standing up to the presend team of Paws at all, they all failed.

THE PRESIDENT WORKED SO HARD TO NEUTER AS MANY ANIMALS AS POSSIBLE, THEN IMPROVE THE CONDITION THAT THEY WERE HOUSED. AND THE VP AND MAHA TRIED TO SABOTAGE THINGS TIME AND AGAIN. ARE YOU WILLING TO LET THIS CONTINUE? OR PERHAPS YOU SHOULD GET YOURSELF IN THE COMMITTEE AND WORK TOWARDS CHANGE. IT IS GREAT TO SIT ON THE SIDELINES AND BE CRITICAL. (if u or the president can explain why is she has to work so hard to neuter, and not doing the managing of PAWS? is she trying to take over MAHA job becos its good pay? or is she trying to prove that she is better than MAHA? both also invalid reason for PRESIDENT to be a PRESIDENT, for this reason, WE should vote her DOWN on the ground of NOT KNOWING WHAT SHE IS DOING. when u talk abt MAHA trying to sabotage things, do u have evidence? again how much do u know abt LAWS? i m sure u have a fair amt of evidence before u make this statement. but why not act on the evidence instead of keep telling everyone that MAHA sabotage, MAHA incompetent, MAHA cheating. for years u ppls failed to collect any evidences? what makes u think u will be able to collect enuf evidence in future? another year? another AGM? (this is what i called the LOW guts level)

as for the mass neuter of dogs, its done in the open air, and the practising vets who help out just use the dogs/cats as clinical experience, the failure rate is HIGH. and they just throw the animals on the floor after the failed operation. do u want witness? I HAVE.

cynhor perhaps u need to have a clear strategies ur stmt(.where is the improved areas? less mercilless killing of dogs? THAT CAN ONLY STOP WHEN THERE IS FULL CONTROL. THE VP AND HER CRONIES HAVE PREVENTED CHANGE, SO EVERY STEP IS A STEP UP HILL. ) Please Define what is Full control and how u gonna do that. ie what makes u think the new menu by ur group will do a better job? u expect UMNO to have full control to run this country? nobody has, not in any country or companies or societies, the need to have a FULL control to make it functional is THE biggest jokes. the fact that u have a President there and she is incapable to control.......

think abt it cynhor.

feipor
Novice

Apr 5, 2005, 8:19 PM

Post #16 of 23 (2828 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Morphware] PAWS 2005 AGM [In reply to] Can't Post

hi morphware

thanks for ur kind reply. that is better explained and not offending i appreciate it. I am a member but i dont recd the pack u mention. will try to find a copy of that, or do u have it posted somewhere?

Rgds.

Morphware
Novice

Apr 5, 2005, 10:22 PM

Post #17 of 23 (2816 views)
Shortcut

Sure just got it all scanned and put it on the web now.

Enjoy!

http://www.geocities.com/..._petlover/index.html

and guys please don't fight, we all want the same thing, anyway dont we?

Cynhor
Enthusiast

Apr 6, 2005, 3:36 AM

Post #18 of 23 (2789 views)
Shortcut

You must have noticed that the vet is physically unable to do surgeries because of so called ‘health issues’. He will probably ask for a huge compensation on top of the thousands of unpaid EPF money he claims PAWS owes him. And his appointment letter does not really say that he has to have those critical vet skills... figure that out. I was indeed baffled!!! And he himself has claimed that he was charged with increasing PAWS bank balance and nothing else. But again its the past committee that bungled. But if you can help on the legal side, I am sure that you can do a lot more for PAWS than donating funds.

AHa.. while we are on the subject of funds… are you are one of those people that gave $$$, and thought everything was ok. Well I am sorry to tell you that the $$$ cannot be accounted for. Neither can they track the food donations etc. If you knew, why didn't you do something about it? And your $$$ is being used to employ 4 Burmese workers illegally, and in doing so put the charity and society at risk... but the old lady and her cronies will have their way. They could have easily employed Burmese workers legally, but then she would not be able to threaten them with Police action and deportation. And she cannot take them to her house to scrub her own floors etc.

There are policies and rules ready written up ages ago. In fact I spoke to Tricia and the other founding members … these rules were written down and implemented. And PAWS got plenty of awards and even recognition from the RSPCA for good management practices. All that went out the door in 1993/4 when someone got into the committee. These documents are lost now. There was another set of policies developed by VOLUNTEERS but Maha and old lady threw it out (no trace of those documents at all). Now the latest work on rules is kept in a repository until it can be tabled and implemented. Get into a subcommittee after the AGM and you can perhaps improve on them. But will that old lady allow its implementation whilst she is around?

For those who actually come in to clean out the cages, work with the animals, and do the most basic of tasks... these are also the same people who are at PAWS everyday and know what needs changing and how. They understand the challenges of accepting/receiving animals from their owners as these animals will end up DEAD from the diseases they catch at PAWS soon enough. They know about the need for quarantine and the need for scheduled vaccinations. These are the people who have made changes when Maha didn't brother to lift a finger... These are the people who prevented breeding by placing males and females animals in different compounds (did you know that puppies were born at PAWS. PAWS own animals were breeding before these volunteers stepped in). These are also the people who forked out hundreds of dollars of their own money for vitamins and medicines. And pay up when Maha threw puppies back at people because they could not pay his ransom of $80 per puppy (surrenders). And people who spend their available time trying to figure out what on earth did Maha did to those accounts, people who licked stamps and envelopes so that you will get your AGM notice in time. I have a lot more respect for these people on the ground compared to those who are ‘visitors’ who stroll in on weekends. And when it comes to the care of the 450 animals on site, I trust these people and pray for them to continue their good work.

There is always two sides of the coin.

I believe that the AGM in 1997 had only 7 people. Imagine that!!! The society has over hundreds of members, but only those 7 bothered to show up. Maybe the notices were not sent out, maybe people at that time just didn’t care… But this time around, I bet there will be another good turnout. And people like you will come. Simply becos you are aware and will not walk away.

If you do know how to do things properly, then please do come forward and help. The running of the next AGM is going to a challenge. Perhaps if you know how to do it better, then help with verification at the door – weed out the phantom MAHA voters who are not even paid up members. And if you can bring all your lawyer friends… all the better.

feipor
Novice

Apr 6, 2005, 5:23 AM

Post #19 of 23 (2773 views)
Shortcut

Thanks Cynhor.

Thanks for ur thorough explaination. wouldnt it be nice if u posted this out for public to know long ago? time is rush now for the 10th date line. anyway we wish u success.

Cynhor
Enthusiast

Apr 6, 2005, 6:55 AM

Post #20 of 23 (2766 views)
Shortcut

But we started almost 8 months ago. Getting people to come to PAWS, volunteer and sign up as members. can you imagine if we bombard them with bad BAD news all the time. Doom n gloom... semua lari loh.

But this eAGM is important. The books are in shambles and we either throw the book at the past committee/Maha or/and take it upon ourselves (as a society) to make those provisions. ROS will finish us off soon...so there is another uphill battle ahead... but with a good commitee that actually believes in teamwork, and with the right legal advice, there might be a way to salvage things.

Maybe those 400 +animals can still be looked after somehow. Wishful thinking?

syung
Novice

Apr 7, 2005, 7:01 AM

Post #21 of 23 (2709 views)
Shortcut

I agree with you that ALL OF US should join hands to save PAWS. Let's put the right people there, for the sake of the animals. The dismal condition in PAWS is appalling and truly, something needs to be done. Please, all you readers out there - do something to save PAWS. If you're not a member, do sign up as one. It only cost RM20. You need to send in your membership latest by this Sunday (10th Apr). You also need to be physiacally present nest Sunday (17th Apr) to cast your ballot. Venue : Malaysian Spastic Centre (next to ss Hotel).

Be there to make a difference!

yung

no7
Novice

Apr 11, 2005, 5:22 PM

Post #22 of 23 (2577 views)
Shortcut
Re: [juliana16] PAWS 2005 AGM [In reply to] Can't Post

Frown
Thank you for your kind gesture, I saw you submiting your forms yesterday. Please take notice ; quote : I could be a wolf in disguise,
I could be an angel in your eyes,
but...never judge a book by it's cover.
I could be the one and not the other
If you'd look closely you'd discover....:

Frown see you at the Agm.

no7
Novice

Apr 11, 2005, 11:30 PM

Post #23 of 23 (2542 views)
Shortcut
Re: [no7] PAWS 2005 AGM [In reply to] Can't Post

Frown Juliana
No 7 is the perfect no. and is with Angel no7. The devil come to kill, still and destroy. But He comes to give life and give more abundanly, to restore that has been destroyed and to build people up.
You have done your best. Win or loose hard to say but more important He has gave His angel charged over you , GBU and PTL.
FrownFrownFrown

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my