Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog's Rights and Protection:
DOGS OWNER IN SHAH ALAM

denzerogent
Novice

Apr 1, 2005, 3:17 AM

Post #1 of 6 (1265 views)
Shortcut
DOGS OWNER IN SHAH ALAM Can't Post

Frown all dog owners in shah alam! today paper came out with a new ruling. Does any dog owner here that have license from MBSA? i'm suppose to move to shah alam next month, but have to delay due to licensing of my dog.
can somebody help, pls? i juz need some advice.... izzit difficult to apply for dog license from MBSA? yesterday's malay paper mentioned that MBSA cancelled some license which is oredi approved. izzit true?
Please drop a few words of advice. thank u. veri much appreciated

eillee
Novice

Apr 12, 2005, 10:11 PM

Post #2 of 6 (1170 views)
Shortcut
Re: [denzerogent] DOGS OWNER IN SHAH ALAM [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there,

I've called up MBSA before and the person-in-charge informed me that MBSA does issue dog licences.

You can check out their website where the criteria prior to licence issuance are listed. If not mistaken,

it's mentioned that the maximum number of dogs allowed are two and you need to have space i.e. corner lot.

However, I've heard "contradicting" comments from neighbours who have previously attempted to apply.

It seems that they would summon you first because you've been keeping dogs all the while without licence.

They would also insist that you have a proper dog house(regardless if you keep your canine pals indoor).

Basically, they just want to discourage you from owning dogs. (Bear in mind, there are just comments from

people ya!). Good luck! Let me know if you succeed. I might just follow your footsteps (err, paw prints!)

denzerogent
Novice

Apr 12, 2005, 11:38 PM

Post #3 of 6 (1159 views)
Shortcut
Re: [eillee] DOGS OWNER IN SHAH ALAM [In reply to] Can't Post

hi...
thanx for your info... sigh... i'll be moving into a intermediate lot... sigh.... hope they can issue me new licence... got licence in klang oredi... but plan to move in after i got the licence so can avoid kena saman... hehehehe
by the way... do u live in shah alam too? which sect? wat breed of dog dya own? so, up to date still keep without any licence lar.... did the MBSA come n kacau?

eillee
Novice

Apr 13, 2005, 12:10 AM

Post #4 of 6 (1150 views)
Shortcut

I live in Kota Kemuning. Got 2 goldens at home. So far, I've had no problems because I've got wonderful neighbours. I'm thankful for that everyday!! My goldens are generally quiet although the younger one is quite a barker.

I guess if no one complains, the council won't come to disturb.

I'll be moving soon (also within KK area) to a bigger place/compound. My top-most concern is my new neighbour is a Muslim with kids. Don't know what the reaction will be like, especially with the recent bad press about dog attacks, etc. In fact, we (hubby and I) are thinking about introducing ourselves prior to moving in and take the opportunity to inform them of the dogs. Hopefully, they will see it as courtesy on our part and be more accepting.

I've had other Muslims reacting favourably to my dogs, saying how cute they look, etc. I hope my neighbour to-be will be one of them. For now, can't imagine what we'll do if the response is negative. Unsure What about yourself then?

denzerogent
Novice

Apr 14, 2005, 7:01 PM

Post #5 of 6 (1125 views)
Shortcut
Re: [eillee] DOGS OWNER IN SHAH ALAM [In reply to] Can't Post

hi there...
well, yours is not so bad as u own golden, which is tame and cute.... my problem worse.... i own a dobe!!!
so, r u planning to get licence from mbsa? or juz dun bother n keep them?
sigh... really problematic with all these ppl....
any good solution?

Gus-Gus
Canine Addict

Apr 28, 2005, 8:14 PM

Post #6 of 6 (1056 views)
Shortcut

Hi. I'm sorry to hear that you are moving to Shah Alam and that you might have problems with the Shah Alam Council over your dog.

I understand that you already have a dog licence for your doberman from your present local council. I would like to suggest that when you move to Shah Alam you keep your licence from your previous council current. It will mean that you ended up with 2 licences for your dog but it is by far better than having NO licence at all.

At least if Shah Alam Council revokes your dog licence (as rumour suggests that they have done to someone) you already have a dog licence and can claim that the dog is just visiting from your old area.

It makes it difficult for the Council to summons you if you have a licence to show them. They are out to get ppl without a dog licence and if you have one to show them - even from a different council - it will cause them mental confusion because they really won't know what to do!!!!!!

I hope this helps. Good luck.

"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated" Mahatma Ghandi.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my