Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: General:
Don't Boarding your Dog at IKANO (Pet Safari Hotel)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

vicfion
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 8, 2005, 10:50 AM

Post #51 of 63 (2829 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kitconnie78] Don't Boarding your Dog at IKANO (Pet Safari Hotel) [In reply to] Can't Post

I see.. Well hope to see you one day "la"... Fiona

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Jul 8, 2005, 7:41 PM

Post #52 of 63 (2817 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vicfion] Don't Boarding your Dog at IKANO (Pet Safari Hotel) [In reply to] Can't Post

Hope to see you and also your pretty dogs.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ? , ":./
| ;];]c_)
Cool kitconnie78 is the owner of Blush Bibi, Smile Eden, Minmin (Silky Terrier), Tongue Momo (M. Schnaunzer) Laugh Gobi (pug) Sly Magic (Border Collie) and Frown Ariel

lynn1157
Novice

Jul 16, 2005, 6:18 AM

Post #53 of 63 (2780 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kitconnie78] Don't Boarding your Dog at IKANO (Pet Safari Hotel) [In reply to] Can't Post

what is the name of the pet centre? any landmarks nearby? i'll hv to leave my zoey for boarding next CNY for a week and i need a really good and caring place. I've not sent her boading before since i got her and i do not hv a choice because i'll be going overseas.i'm really worried abt leaving her and need to find a good place. TQ

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Jul 18, 2005, 5:06 PM

Post #54 of 63 (2769 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lynn1157] Don't Boarding your Dog at IKANO (Pet Safari Hotel) [In reply to] Can't Post

The one we mention pet gossip no longer in business. If you like to have your dog boarding I know a place in Puchong, Bandar Puteri opposite of Giant. The name of the clinic is called small animal. You can check it out.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ? , ":./
| ;];]c_)
Cool kitconnie78 is the owner of Blush Bibi, Smile Eden, Minmin (Silky Terrier), Tongue Momo (M. Schnaunzer) Laugh Gobi (pug) Sly Magic (Border Collie) and Frown Ariel

BaoBao
Enthusiast

Jul 27, 2005, 9:57 PM

Post #55 of 63 (2738 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] Don't Boarding your Dog at IKANO (Pet Safari Hotel) [In reply to] Can't Post

yeah yeah... i agree.. there was one in JB town area also..

the people there behaves like soooo kind and friendly, hug & kiss the dog.

..but my friend's shih tzu was sent there for boarding.. when they collect the dog after abt 2 weeks..the dog's hair was all tangled up..!! worst still, skin problems developed!!Mad

(and that's not the only story i've heard abt the shop..Pirate)

estangor
Novice

Oct 6, 2005, 9:20 PM

Post #56 of 63 (2617 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bettynnf] Don't Boarding your Dog at IKANO (Pet Safari Hotel) [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, Kitconnie,

I'm the one who's moving from Jakarta to KL the first week of November. We are bringing our 2 golden retriever girls, Abby (7 1/2 yrs.) and Nutmeg (7mos.). They are half-aunt/half-niece in their relationship. Our problem is that we will be going home to U.S. for Christmas (2 weeks) and need a place to board our girls. I've been out to Mama Dog's (Lennie's Place) when I was in KL househunting a couple weeks ago. I liked her alot, but am just a bit concerned that she has 4 dogs of her own and lives in a semi-d and this is the "boarding kennel" facility. Yet, she seems to be highly recommended, so I just don't know.

You mention this place in Puchong (don't even know where that is!), Bandar Puteri, that you say is good for boarding. But I don't see where I can a complete name, address and phone number! Do you have this information? We've never had to board our kids before and once we are established with a maid/pembantu, this problem will go away. But the timing of our move means we most likely won't get a maid till after we return or if we do have one already, she might not be ready to being taking care of the 2 girls just yet. Wish we could just find someone to take care of the house and dogs for 2 weeks.
That Crazy Dog Lady!

audreywee13
Novice

Nov 2, 2005, 7:24 PM

Post #57 of 63 (2562 views)
Shortcut
Re: [estangor] Don't Boarding your Dog at IKANO (Pet Safari Hotel) [In reply to] Can't Post

I just got to know of this vet in USJ Taipan area who is very good with dogs & cats. He also provides boarding facilities. Although I have not tried it out, I've met one of his regular who told me that she is very happy with his services. I have sent my chi to him for vac & treatment and he really handles her well, so I'm sure he will take care of the pets who are boarding there. If you need the contact, just let me know. BTW I just want to let you all know what a shock I got when I was at Ikano Pet Safari last week. I was shopping for some dog food and I saw 1 JRT running around and another JRT which was leashed and held by one young fella. (not sure if he is a staff or owner) But when the loose JRT bumped into the leashed JRT, they started growling at each other. The guy who was handling the leashed JRT just kicked the loose JRT with his leg and when that failed, he just pulled the leash up and the JRT was practically hanging on his neck for like 5 seconds!! I am not an expert at dog handling but wouldn't that hurt the JRT?? If those 2 JRTs were there for boarding or grooming and the staff treats them like that, I wouldn't ever bring my dog there!! After all the bad publicity they have, they still treat the dogs like that!

May
Old Hand

Nov 2, 2005, 8:18 PM

Post #58 of 63 (2550 views)
Shortcut
Re: [audreywee13] Don't Boarding your Dog at IKANO (Pet Safari Hotel) [In reply to] Can't Post

Not only tat. Did u guys noticed that the price of dogfoods and some doggie products in Pets Safari are slightly higher than the normal retail price. I did complaint to one of the distributor but according to them Pet Safari purposely up the price cos they are giving a 10% discount to all customer. Isn't that fair???

estangor
Novice

Nov 2, 2005, 8:43 PM

Post #59 of 63 (2543 views)
Shortcut
Re: [audreywee13] Don't Boarding your Dog at IKANO (Pet Safari Hotel) [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, please, Audrey! I would love to have the contact info' of the veterinarian practice you've discovered that also does boarding. I'll actually be in KL permanently as of the 7th, Monday, (Abby and Nutmeg must stop at KLIA Quarantine for their 1 week quarantine :-(, but it actually works out okay, 'cause this'll give us an uninterrupted week to unload our shipment without 2 golden girls underfoot to worry about! I plan on checking out all the places I'm getting names of (wish there were more, or even people who took in boarders for a fee - that's what I'd really like, since my girls won't be very thrilled about 2 weeks in a kennel after a week in Quarantine just a month before!)

I've been doing lots of research online, and I keep reading more and more negative about this Ikano place. I plan on going myself to check out just how bad it is. I know that during a training session, it's not necessarily out of line to hold a dog up by its leash, but I can't imagine it ever being appropriate to kick a dog! That'd be bordering on abuse! Our first golden, was a bit headstrong and we had to use a trainer to leash train her and he found it necessary to hold her up by the leash a couple of times to teach her who was boss. But he did share this information with us afterwards, so didn't keep it a secret from us. And yes, she did become leash-trained beautifully! I was smarter with our next 2 and began the leash training at a much younger age and was able to do it myself!

My direct e-mail address, if you'd rather write to me that way is estangor@yahoo.com (my name is Eve Stangor). And you can see the pictures of by 2 golden beauties, Abby and Nutmeg (7 1/2yrs. and 8mos. respectively). Hope to hear from you soon!

Hope to hear from you soon.
That Crazy Dog Lady!

audreywee13
Novice

Nov 2, 2005, 9:39 PM

Post #60 of 63 (2533 views)
Shortcut
Re: [estangor] Don't Boarding your Dog at IKANO (Pet Safari Hotel) [In reply to] Can't Post

I have sent you the contact no. and address of the Vet via email. It is located at the same row and block before Victoria Station (steakhouse). Thanks for explaining about the leash thingy. I still think it was quite cruel to just pull the leash up violently and let the dog hang by its neck. It would be different if the dog was on a harness. But, anyway, that's the last place I'll ever think of boarding my dog or even buy anything from them. It's a disappointment to have such a nice and large pet store, but only to find out it's not really a place which is kind to dogs. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll find the best place for your beautiful goldies soon enough. I'll keep looking out for you too.

audreywee13
Novice

Nov 2, 2005, 9:46 PM

Post #61 of 63 (2530 views)
Shortcut
Re: [May] Don't Boarding your Dog at IKANO (Pet Safari Hotel) [In reply to] Can't Post

I did not notice the prices of the dog food and products, but I did buy quite a couple of stuff from them before I witnessed that incident. Even after the 'dog left to die' incident, I still patronised them cos' I thought it was an isolated incident...but too bad cos' now I won't go back there even though my office is nearby. I realised that some pet shops just give you discount even though you're a new walk in customer!Unsure

mrf39
New User

Feb 23, 2006, 3:12 AM

Post #62 of 63 (2389 views)
Shortcut
Please Call Me Mr Mark [In reply to] Can't Post

Mr. Mark,

Can you plz call me at 012-9657909. I would like make an appointment so that i can come at look ur golden retriever puppies. i'm very serious in buying one. Thank you. Hope to hear from you again.

Mani

makrawl
Canine Addict

Feb 25, 2006, 9:57 AM

Post #63 of 63 (2333 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mrf39] Please Call Me Mr Mark [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Mani,

it was months back since the last time i log into this forum due to my heavy work load these days. thanks for reminding me about this nice forum.

unfortunately i don't breed any puppy anymore. all the parents of the last litter are neutered. and i don't breed lab but englsh cocker spaniel.

good day

Mak

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my