Home: General: Chit Chat:
Advice needed with dog food

thomstan
Canine Addict

Mar 23, 2005, 6:56 PM

Post #1 of 12 (1110 views)
Shortcut
Advice needed with dog food Can't Post

I'm about to change my dog food from Canidae to Alpo. Is this adviseable?

Is Alpo any better than Canidae or vice versa?

I've already begining introducing Alpo kibbles into his diet and he seems to like it.

The one you love is the one that should take you higher

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Mar 23, 2005, 7:22 PM

Post #2 of 12 (1096 views)
Shortcut
Re: [thomstan] Advice needed with dog food [In reply to] Can't Post

Wah!! Such a change!!!! Why not change to Purina? I find it better than Alpo, my dogs when eat Alpo ah, the stool would be soft and green..... so my dogs don't take Alpo. Right now one dog is taking Pedigree while the other senior dog taking canned food.

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.
THEY NEED YOUR HELP AND LOVE

shepherd
Novice

Mar 29, 2005, 6:06 AM

Post #3 of 12 (1020 views)
Shortcut

my dear friend, Canidae is among the best that you could provide for your dog, other than Innova and Califonia Natural. Do more research, or experience it then you'll know. Rgds.

chrisong
Doggyman

Mar 29, 2005, 7:08 AM

Post #4 of 12 (1008 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shepherd] Advice needed with dog food [In reply to] Can't Post

Shepherd I think you need to do more research.Blush

zifeng
Dog Kichi

Mar 29, 2005, 6:00 PM

Post #5 of 12 (999 views)
Shortcut

u might want to check out this brand bil jac. dogs seem to love it, and apparently, it is easier to digest too... hope u'll find suitable kibbles for your dog soon. Smile

thomstan
Canine Addict

Mar 29, 2005, 7:12 PM

Post #6 of 12 (997 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crazymouse_yyh] Advice needed with dog food [In reply to] Can't Post

LOL

yea... my dog's stool is also soft and greenish... smells very bad too... look scary to have green stool but at least he's letting a lot out now comparing to canidae.. lucky thing i bought a small pack only.. once finish this alpo i'll change to purina and see how things go...

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Mar 30, 2005, 1:58 AM

Post #7 of 12 (979 views)
Shortcut

Ah... soft and greenish rite? But after one week ah the stool won't be so hard but will still be green so that's why I don't feed my dogs Alpo.... so scary and yes loh, smelly.

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.

wais81
Enthusiast

Apr 1, 2005, 6:03 PM

Post #8 of 12 (949 views)
Shortcut

hello,

of all brand why la alpo???...hehe i would recommend nutro, evolve or blackwood. i personally find blackwood very good stool color nice and easy to pick up. coat also nice for doggie. as for biljac only certain dogs can take it tried it before and two of my dogs had skin problem. vet says it is due to too much liver in it. dogs like bilja because of the liver content in it and apparently it taste sweeter than many other food. did an experiment on it placed a couple of brand and most dogs will definitely choose biljac because of the smell and taste...just a thought...

Christopher

thomstan
Canine Addict

Apr 1, 2005, 6:46 PM

Post #9 of 12 (946 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wais81] Advice needed with dog food [In reply to] Can't Post

blackwood.. hmm... how much does it cost for a 15kg pack?

i've thought of changing to eukanuba... but i'm boycotting IAMs...

why alpo ah? coz it's easy to get ma.. big hypermarkets are selling them...

wais81
Enthusiast

Apr 1, 2005, 7:00 PM

Post #10 of 12 (939 views)
Shortcut

they have many range one wor....got lamb and rice, puppy, performance puppy for larger breed, catfish for skin disease, and maintenance...

Christopher

tterrynick
Enthusiast

Apr 2, 2005, 3:47 AM

Post #11 of 12 (922 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crazymouse_yyh] Advice needed with dog food [In reply to] Can't Post

my goodness, no wonder my gigit's stool has been soft and greyish later. just tried alpo for her because can buy at giant.

got to stop alpo.

fatty lingling (left) and petite tutu (right), protected by handsome nicky at the back - my 3 precious babies.
now i have 4 babies but baby adek just cannot stay still for a photo-shoot!!

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Apr 3, 2005, 7:04 AM

Post #12 of 12 (909 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tterrynick] Advice needed with dog food [In reply to] Can't Post

Ah... change loh... you can get Purina and Pedigree from Giant also I think.... Although Alpo is under Purina, the products which produce by Purina are good, only Alpo is not coz Purina bought over Alpo loh... My shih tzu taking Bark dry and canned food. Not bad lah and cheap also and my choosy shih tzu likes it, he hates Ekanuba, Science Diet and Nutro.. so weird

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my