weiz
Novice

Mar 22, 2005, 10:35 PM

Post #1 of 17 (4348 views)
Shortcut
spots on my dogs.. Can't Post

hi..

hope someone here can help me ...

lately my dog developed a few spots on its body around the front leg area...

i am not sure whats wrong... but he does not seem to show signs of irritations with the spots...i have uploaded a few pictures.. plz do take a look at it and tell me what u think it is.

thanks so much

http://img.photobucket.com/...hunweiz/CIMG4927.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/...unweiz/CIMG49281.jpg

chrisong
Doggyman

Mar 23, 2005, 7:00 AM

Post #2 of 17 (4333 views)
Shortcut
Re: [weiz] spots on my dogs.. [In reply to] Can't Post

Heaty!!!

Reduce the food intake and encourage her to drink more water.

Alexthian
Dog Kichi

Apr 7, 2005, 4:13 AM

Post #3 of 17 (4241 views)
Shortcut
Re: [weiz] spots on my dogs.. [In reply to] Can't Post

Unsure:

hai:

my golden aslo face this problem aslo....about five spot at his beck side....had you bring your dog to the vet ???can i know what the vet said....i had go to haiwan aand get some medicain for my dog yesterday...and i'm trying to let him take the medince 1st...if no good...and i will send to the vet this monday...

mmm....can i know why should i reduce the food and let him take more water?is this spot occur because shampoo? but i 'm using the shampoo the vet ask me to use,...

heaty?that mean i feed too hot to mydog???

(This post was edited by Alexthian on Apr 7, 2005, 4:14 AM)

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Apr 9, 2005, 1:31 AM

Post #4 of 17 (4213 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Alexthian] spots on my dogs.. [In reply to] Can't Post

heaty simply means the dog's body is 'yit hei' in Cantonese. Other than encouraging your dog to take more water, you can try giving your dog some juicy stuff...like green apples, carrots etc

one of the puppy.com members once gave me some good advice. Try giving some FRESH (not the canned ones!!) coconut water....

try not to depend on medication too much for your dog. try the natural therapies first. Smile

Alexthian
Dog Kichi

Apr 9, 2005, 4:08 AM

Post #5 of 17 (4212 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cshellz] spots on my dogs.. [In reply to] Can't Post

:

ohh!cantonese mean "yit hei" ohh!!!...ok ...i try to give him some coconut milk....thank you for your help...

michelleteh
Dog Kichi

Apr 9, 2005, 8:49 AM

Post #6 of 17 (4207 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Alexthian] spots on my dogs.. [In reply to] Can't Post

Cshellz said coconut WATER lah, the one where we usually drink at sugar cane stall or coffee shop. Coconut milk is "yer cheong". Wink

(This post was edited by michelleteh on Apr 9, 2005, 8:53 AM)

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Apr 11, 2005, 6:14 PM

Post #7 of 17 (4189 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Alexthian & michelleteh] spots on my dogs.. [In reply to] Can't Post

ahahah yeah it's coconut WATER not the santan .... dun make your dog get high cholesterol too ya..LaughLaugh

ah_fang
Dog Kichi

Oct 8, 2005, 1:51 AM

Post #8 of 17 (3950 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cshellz] spots on my dogs.. [In reply to] Can't Post

How much the coconut water should b consumed? Every day o ...? Wat abt some fruits? Izzit wil help to reduce the heaty oso?

Sorry ya.. too many questions to ask.. I think my shin tzu oso heaty now got many spot at her stomach there..

I hv tried the coconut water for 2 days but didnt saw any improvement.. and now i everyday give her some fruit like apple n honey dew.. but the spot stil there.. wat i can do to reduce it?

N i found out tat my shin tzu body temperature is a bit higher than last time.. izzit normal?

chrisong
Doggyman

Oct 8, 2005, 5:48 AM

Post #9 of 17 (3942 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ah_fang] spots on my dogs.. [In reply to] Can't Post

Give her 100% Pure Honey and dilute with warm water!!! Give her drink for 1 week. Reduce the dog food intake that will solve ur problem.

chanol
Novice

Oct 8, 2005, 6:40 PM

Post #10 of 17 (3934 views)
Shortcut

Ah fang,

Maybe it could be a few reasons,

1. Maybe the floor has dust mite, is your pup like to sleep under the table & chair or bed?

2. The floor wash detergent was could be too strong for her fragile skin, try to mop the floor with plain water after the detergent or get a mild floor wash detergent..

3. Try to apply some apple cider vinegar or self made lemon juice (no sugar) on her belly, bcos lemon & vinegar are acid base it kill germs.

4. Check out your pup food, as my little pup cannot take beef, if taken red spots will appear

5. Train her to pee one spot, train her not to sleep on the spot that she pee. As for my pup he pee in his cage when i use the toilet. Otherwise he will use the toilet, I never allow him sleep or play in his cage & toilet..

ah_fang
Dog Kichi

Oct 10, 2005, 7:10 PM

Post #11 of 17 (3917 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chanol & chrissong] spots on my dogs.. [In reply to] Can't Post

Thx chrissong & chanol.. Frown very appreciate all ur reply..

Bcoz too worry liao.. n somemore my pup got some skin problem so last saturday bring her to visit the vet.. the doc said there are mark not heaty.. but the mark bcome more n more appeared on her stomach.. so confuse... Crazy

Last time my ex-housemate pup oso got such spots, n she told me it is heaty caused, so when i saw my pup oso got such spot i tou she is in heaty oso.. Tongue

Anyway now feel better (not so worry) bcoz at least got visited the vet.. but it cost me a lot... Crazy

chrisong
Doggyman

Oct 10, 2005, 9:56 PM

Post #12 of 17 (3915 views)
Shortcut

Vet give you antibiotic & injection right?

ah_fang
Dog Kichi

Oct 11, 2005, 3:16 AM

Post #13 of 17 (3907 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] spots on my dogs.. [In reply to] Can't Post

No wo..

The vet only gave me a bottle of liquid to feed my pup bcoz her skin is infected by bacteria.. but for the mark thing the vet didnt do anything juz told me it is normal, shin tzu hv many marking..

Is it true?

(This post was edited by ah_fang on Oct 11, 2005, 3:18 AM)

chrisong
Doggyman

Oct 11, 2005, 5:23 AM

Post #14 of 17 (3899 views)
Shortcut

Huh????Shocked

If the vet say the mark is normal, how come he give you a bottle of liquid that don't know what is it to ur pup and say is for bateria??? Very confusing la........Crazy

What I think your pup is OK. There is nothing wrong with the spot on ur dog just heaty it will go away soon. That why the vet maybe just give you some skin supplement that it and I think the vet know ur pup will be fine.

Did he do any skin test on ur dog???

ah_fang
Dog Kichi

Oct 11, 2005, 9:29 PM

Post #15 of 17 (3878 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

The bottle of liquid is for my pup skin's infected by bacteria.. bcoz my pup oso got a few like pimples thing on her skin n the vet said the pimples thing are infected by the bacteria.. i dun hv camera at my side now if got can take the photo n let u see but no..

Yup.. the vet got take some sample of my pup skin n watch under the microskop..

The total cost of the vet is RM170++.. going to bankrapt liao.. Frown

Anyway thx again for ur reply...

chrisong
Doggyman

Oct 11, 2005, 9:44 PM

Post #16 of 17 (3875 views)
Shortcut

RM170++ that was TOO EXPENSIVE ler!!!!! I think you kena potong by the vet liao

ah_fang
Dog Kichi

Oct 12, 2005, 8:36 PM

Post #17 of 17 (3860 views)
Shortcut

Oops.. the RM170+ are included the tablet for the heart worms 1 that cost RM 96 adi.. so the cost for the consult + the bottle of liquid is abt RM70+ lo..

Izzit too expensive??

But the bottle of liquid r quite working on my pup bacteria infected skin.. now the pimple thing bcome less n recovering now.. cost a lot but effective then ok la..

but i dislike the attitude of the gal in the vet there.. very impolite.. on the morning b4 i went there, i make a call there n asking the business hours n then gal aswering me so rude.. Mad

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my