Home: Behavioral Problems: Aggresive Dogs and Puppies:
Scary.. Normal or not??!

.Lab
Enthusiast

Mar 17, 2005, 11:52 PM

Post #1 of 15 (2520 views)
Shortcut
Scary.. Normal or not??! Can't Post

After visiting this forum, I went outside to play with my Hazel. We were having a game of ball when suddenly her ball rolled into my mum's plants. My puppy loves to just trample them so I quickly yelled 'No' and grabbed her by the collar. Then she did a swift turn and snapped my hand in her jaws. I can still see the teeth marks and it's red. But I shooed her away and grabbed her ball anyway. This might not be aggresion: I hold up her treat and say 'Sit' but does she listen? NO! Instead she lungs up and snaps up the treat from my hand. Same with ball! I have very troublesome puppy...

.Lab Frown Frown

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hazel = A Terror in Disguise!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

khoo262
Enthusiast

Mar 23, 2005, 12:03 AM

Post #2 of 15 (2498 views)
Shortcut
Re: [.Lab] Scary.. Normal or not??! [In reply to] Can't Post

Next time she does that, say a firm 'NO' and turn your back on her. Dogs love attention and if you scold her, you're giving her attention. If she still don't listen, leave the room/garden and try again in 1/2 hour. Try the below :

1] Hold a small treat in your hand. let her see it and and close it with your palm. move the treat towards her head. move it over her head. she will naturally go to a sit position. Say out loud 'Sit'. If she listen, give her the treat. Repeat a few times. She'll probably get it.

Khoo262
finally..... khoo262 has come back to puppy.com

Sydney
Doggyman

Mar 26, 2005, 1:13 AM

Post #3 of 15 (2467 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

Reading wat u've wrote is very common 2 dogs. You must train her not to bite. Well, the puppy have time 2 b trained cs it's still youngTongue. Disiplin ur dog so she wud not bite u againPirate. Speaking of which, is ur hand ok?

I have this incident thrice. But i intend to 4get it. i train Sidney, now he does not bite me. If ur dog is playing, he wouldnt bite so hard like my pup.

FrownFrownSidney's DogsterFrown
Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

.Lab
Enthusiast

Mar 27, 2005, 11:15 PM

Post #4 of 15 (2444 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sydney] Scary.. Normal or not??! [In reply to] Can't Post

Not biting so much anymore. Luckily. I just ignored her for 10 mins, left her outside. Yeah, hand's ok after some time. But at the back of my hand there is a small scratch. I am thinking of bringing her to play with her friend, a Labrador named Mandy who is an adult. WHen she is big, I don't want her to boss ME around. Mandy's quite gentle though. Hazel greets me by jumping up. I catch her paws and she will lick my hands to try and get me to let go, there is a slight problem with this. Hazel might want to do that with VISITORs. Visitors come 2 Fridays a month for Bible Study((yah, Christian family)). Hazel took into her head to bark at ALL strangers which my dad taught her to do. To bark at thieves is better though.. Might develop into a barking problem. I'm not so sure.

.Lab Frown Frown

Sydney
Doggyman

Mar 28, 2005, 6:28 AM

Post #5 of 15 (2439 views)
Shortcut

Oh i c,

If she barks more, then..... you have to shut her mouth. barking problems...... bark until cant sleep 4 the niteFrown. Ignoring works.... Does ur lab attacks other dog? Ani size?

Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

.Lab
Enthusiast

Mar 28, 2005, 11:35 PM

Post #6 of 15 (2434 views)
Shortcut

Eheh.. scary you should mention that. Yesterday I was walking her when we met someone walking a Mini Schnauzer. Hazel rushed up to play and the poor little dog was barking, no WAILING like crazy. Had to pull Hazel away. I was wiping my spectacles then because she nose-kissed my face. 1 hand isn't strong enough..And she eats other dog's poop.

.Lab Frown Frown

Sydney
Doggyman

Mar 29, 2005, 2:12 AM

Post #7 of 15 (2423 views)
Shortcut

PirateBlehh,

GROSS! Other dog's poopFrown? Your dog is weird.... I think Hazel had to play wif the other dogs cs maybe her chew toy isnt good enuf 4 herCool. Is she still aggresive?

Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

.Lab
Enthusiast

Mar 30, 2005, 12:23 AM

Post #8 of 15 (2413 views)
Shortcut

Not that much, but when I annoy her she gets annoyed and nips me on the leg or pulls my clothing. She's weird I know, but every dog is unique. Haha, she likes to play with other dogs but she won't hurt them. Except I think that Mini got paranoid. I just taught her a new trick: 'Lick Me'. If I say that and hold out my hand, she'll lick it. What a clever puppy ^^ but she likes it even more if I have something tasty waiting for her and taste on my fingers. She's just so friendly and playful but barks at people she doesn't know ((But only when she's in the house compound)).

.Lab Frown Frown

Sydney
Doggyman

Mar 30, 2005, 12:30 AM

Post #9 of 15 (2412 views)
Shortcut

Smile,

If it got worse like bitting other dogs other of u, u will b sad or hurtUnimpressed. I thought it was Kiss me instead of lick meCrazy..... Bark at ppl doesnt noe is good. Do you put ur dog outside at nite or insideSmile?

Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

.Lab
Enthusiast

Mar 30, 2005, 2:05 AM

Post #10 of 15 (2411 views)
Shortcut

I her kisses are very gooey. She uses her nose instead when she kisses. Lick Me sounds nicer ^^. I'd be very sad if she decides to bite other dogs but whatever they do like scare her away seems like a puppy-adult game to her. Oh, outside. But she's chained at night, no use.. in the afternoon she's let loose but she's so bored that she steals the ball off the cupboard and plays by herself or sleeps. Thats why I need some toy.. an entertaining toy that will last at least 4 hours and keep her entertained for 3-4 hours. I don't understand the Kong and will have to buy a big bone to stuff the hole with. Any suggestions?

.Lab Frown Frown

Sydney
Doggyman

Mar 30, 2005, 2:16 AM

Post #11 of 15 (2410 views)
Shortcut

well 1 thing. Wat are Kongs? and is hazel really that big and tall? I thought she small and puppy size instead of big and long until can reach the ball on the cupboardCrazy. keep your dog busy when you're free and oso keep an eye on her so she does not get 2 pesky. Little sidney poo next to the cupboard just now. Hav to clean upMadMad

Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

.Lab
Enthusiast

Mar 31, 2005, 12:05 AM

Post #12 of 15 (2398 views)
Shortcut

She can stand on two legs Smile. Kongs.. they are rubber toys. You put food inside, plug the Kong hole with a big bone and give it to your dog to figure out. Hazel isn't that puppy sized.

.Lab Frown Frown

Sydney
Doggyman

Apr 1, 2005, 4:30 AM

Post #13 of 15 (2378 views)
Shortcut

Well then what size is she? Is she bigger from sidney cs ur dog is a gundog. Probaly bigerSly.

Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

.Lab
Enthusiast

Apr 2, 2005, 10:22 PM

Post #14 of 15 (2354 views)
Shortcut

Lets say she's 3 to 3 1/2 feet tall. Knee-high to me but she's growing fast! Yeah, a gundog. SHe likes to retrieve things. I guess it came from her mother Wink.

.Lab Frown Frown

Sydney
Doggyman

Apr 2, 2005, 10:30 PM

Post #15 of 15 (2353 views)
Shortcut

So is your Hazel behaving well nowadays? Hope she doesnt cause u any trouble like biting ur hand again...

Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my