Home: Behavioral Problems: Digging, Bitting, Licking, Pulling and Chewing:
Lotsa problems

.Lab
Enthusiast

Mar 17, 2005, 6:23 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1138 views)
Shortcut
Lotsa problems Can't Post

Hazel won't stop taking the shoes off the shoe rack and running off with them happily. I find them later chewed up. My school-shoes, slippers have gone down. As a result, she has to be chained up as she will dig up the dirt. When I play with her, she'll jump up and push me down or nip me and run circles. Then the training time.. when I say the command 'Sit' and hold the treat for her to see, she'll jump up and snap the treats out of my hands. Same with the ball. Gosh, what a puppy! And since she is tied up, whenever we don't pay attention to her, she'll drag that noisy chain around.

.Lab Frown Frown

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hazel = A Terror in Disguise!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 25, 2005, 7:47 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1083 views)
Shortcut
Re: [.Lab] Lotsa problems [In reply to] Can't Post

Think I have read a couple of your posts ...

And from this one ... it sounds a little like you are finding your young pup a bit of a handful ...

Suggestion:

(A) First - realise that young pups are not really all that different from children ... pups don't always do what you want, when you want or how you want ... And sometimes it's excusable because its a pup ...

(B) But that said - just like children - you need to teach your pup what you wish it to learn ...

(C) And in order to teach anything - YOU need to know what & how to teach in the most effective & positive way ...

Training a pup is not just about training sessions of 20 or 30minutes a day ... Effective teaching of a pup is a proactive/reactive interraction that takes place all day long - everytime you interract with your pup.

The more knowledgable the owner - the easier teaching/training becomes ... so I suggest that you use the Search Function, type in the appropriate key words and read all the previous posts that have been made about how to start puppy training ... teaching basic commands ... learning about positive training and effective use of "praise & reward" ... learn about how to instil discipline in a healthy & happy way ...

All that you have raised have been discussed before ... search ... all the information is already there ...

Cheers

Sydney
Doggyman

Mar 29, 2005, 2:43 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1064 views)
Shortcut
Re: [.Lab] Lotsa problems [In reply to] Can't Post

Well,

Your pup is playful so she's a big puppyFrown. Your pup will noe how to disiplined herself when she gets older and you training her harderSmile. It depends on how you train the dogSmile.

FrownFrownSidney's DogsterFrown
Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my