Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: General:
MKA CERT!

adamchooi
Canine Addict

Mar 23, 2003, 8:44 AM

Post #1 of 6 (1779 views)
Shortcut
MKA CERT! Can't Post

How long does MKA normally release a Birth Cert?(dunno if it's call like that)He's 6mths and i'm still waiting for the cert.

Blog! www.adamchooi.com

arthur
ALPHA

Mar 23, 2003, 5:46 PM

Post #2 of 6 (1774 views)
Shortcut
Re: [adamchooi] MKA CERT! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi AdamChooi,

Depends on how prompt the breeder was in submitting the correctly filled paperwork. Don't be surprised to wait for up to 9mths! Not sure how fast it normally takes..maybe 2-3mths after submission. Maybe the forum members who have bred and registered their litters with MKA can shed some light on this..

Rdgs Arthur

luckey
ALPHA

Mar 23, 2003, 7:08 PM

Post #3 of 6 (1771 views)
Shortcut

Best thing is to call the to ask them - they are usually quite helpful. But might be easier if the breeder calls up the. I think Luckey was 3-4 months when she got hers... can't recall, but I was in touch with MKA throughout (re: names being approved, color to go on the pedigree etc)

adamchooi
Canine Addict

Mar 24, 2003, 10:15 AM

Post #4 of 6 (1761 views)
Shortcut
Re: [arthur] MKA CERT! [In reply to] Can't Post

What is the purpose of the cert?To indicate that my dog is pedigree?For dog shows?Breeding?

Blog! www.adamchooi.com

arthur
ALPHA

Mar 24, 2003, 4:08 PM

Post #5 of 6 (1758 views)
Shortcut

Hi AdamChooi,

MKA being the official organisation to maintain the Malaysian pedigree dogs registry, issues Pedigree Certificates. Officially called "Certified Pedigree" certificate, commonly called the birth cert, is issued for all dogs that are recongised as pedigree or throughbred. MKA's cert is a 4 generation pedigree cert which means you can trace the puppy's faternal and maternal lineage back to the great-grandparents. Pedigree also means your shih tzu or GSD, etc is not cross bred with any other breeds.

The cert has a unique registration number which is quoted when: A. It is entered for championship conformation shows or B. used for breeding. This cert is also where the registered owner(s) of the dog is shown. At the back there is provisions to record the change of ownership eg. when the breeder transfers the ownership to the buyer. Note: This Cert remains the property of MKA and must be returned for endorsement after the dog is dead.

Hope this helps. Otherwise, you can always call up the folks for an offical answer.

Rdgs Arthur

adamchooi
Canine Addict

Mar 25, 2003, 3:30 AM

Post #6 of 6 (1745 views)
Shortcut
Re: [arthur] MKA CERT! [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear arthur,

Thanks alot for the informationLaugh.

Blog! www.adamchooi.com

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my