How do I groom Schnauzer

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

einstien
New User

Mar 14, 2005, 1:38 AM

Post #1 of 44 (3814 views)
Shortcut
How do I groom Schnauzer Can't Post

Anybody out there knows how to groom schnauzer. or any sites that show how to groom them.

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 14, 2005, 4:21 AM

Post #2 of 44 (3811 views)
Shortcut
Re: [einstien] How do I groom Schnauzer [In reply to] Can't Post

erm... u plan to groom it urself?

Regards,

Yang

Tiggykoh
Dog Kichi

Mar 14, 2005, 4:51 AM

Post #3 of 44 (3808 views)
Shortcut

Hi

While there may be websites, it is probably better if you bring your dog to the groomers and watch the process yourself. Better if you can ask them to teach you - someone was kind enough to teach me how to groom my terrier. Just be extra careful if your dog is not used to being groomed, ok? you might accidentally hurt your dog when he moves.

ladee_m
Doggyman

Mar 15, 2005, 5:01 AM

Post #4 of 44 (3793 views)
Shortcut

Hi Smile

Wud be happy to share what I have... I'll email u some tips & a guide... pls put down ur email... I groom both my frukids & I personally think its a great experience... it helps u & ur furkid bond & u'll get to know ur furkid better... the beginning may be slow but practice makes perfect... Wink

CLICK ON =>Poodles' Friendly Gang ListSmile

I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult.

carienna
Canine Addict

Mar 16, 2005, 11:01 PM

Post #5 of 44 (3767 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ladee_m] How do I groom Schnauzer [In reply to] Can't Post

LaughLaughLaughweeeee~~~ I also want tips and guides! Hee hee!!! I also self groomed but I dunno how correct is it .. hee hee~ my email is carienna .com

Frown

Golden Retrievers & Miniature Schnauzer are SIMPLY the BEST!!!!!!!

carienna
Canine Addict

Mar 17, 2005, 12:52 AM

Post #6 of 44 (3764 views)
Shortcut

ahh..they edited it!!!

carienna at dot com

Frown

ladee_m
Doggyman

Mar 17, 2005, 1:23 AM

Post #7 of 44 (3762 views)
Shortcut
Re: [carienna] How do I groom Schnauzer [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey ya Smile

Dun worry... got it... will email u the info... how old ir ur MS?... wahhh u have many furkids huh?... U breed ur own? Crazy

carienna
Canine Addict

Mar 17, 2005, 4:27 PM

Post #8 of 44 (3747 views)
Shortcut

Thanks a lot yeah..!

My MS ah? 1 is 2 years, another 1 is 1 year++ and another 1 new MS is less than 6 months old.. hee hee! Yeah, I am a breeder, but emphasize more on GR lor.. MS baru aje start breed

Frown

ladee_m
Doggyman

Mar 18, 2005, 3:35 AM

Post #9 of 44 (3735 views)
Shortcut

Hey Y@ Smile

So u have 2 females and 1 male now?... how long have u been in this breeding business?... facinating...

carienna
Canine Addict

Mar 18, 2005, 5:10 PM

Post #10 of 44 (3728 views)
Shortcut

Yup yup, that is the amount of MS I have now.. Would love to have MORE!!!!! hahaha! LaughLaughLaugh Irresistable!

Well, breeding MS only started end of last year when Peppa gives birth... but to say in general regardless of the breed, Daddy has been breeding doggies since I was a kid! He started on Boxers... and there were other breeds like the German Sherpard, Rottweiler, Cocker Spaniel, Great Dane, bleh bleh bleh can't remember! hee hee

Then several years back, we started on GR

Frown

ladee_m
Doggyman

Mar 18, 2005, 7:40 PM

Post #11 of 44 (3725 views)
Shortcut

Hey Y@ Smile

WOW Shocked... long time in the trade ler... must have lotsa experience... to keep so many furkids, u must have a big place huh?... how nice...

Peppa is a mommy edi ... how many pups she had?... do u help deliver the pups on ur own or u send the mom to the vet?... must be quite bz around ur house when the GRs & MSs have pus at the same time... war ler... how u handle them?

carienna
Canine Addict

Mar 19, 2005, 5:52 AM

Post #12 of 44 (3718 views)
Shortcut

Well, I am living in a corner terrace house ler.. garden is kinda big.. i think my garden compound is bigger than my house itselfMad dunno how they build my house 1! Doggie got more space than human! hahaha!!!!Laugh

Peppa had 5 puppies.. at 1st before she deliver, Daddy was saying to keep all her female puppies.. manatau 1 by 1 come out.. all male! So ended up we gotta sell all cuz no point keeping so many male.. like my GR.. I got 3 male and they constantly fight.. (I guess they are fighting to be the king!Laugh)

Well, we did not send peppa to the vet as we know how to help.. However, peppa seems to know how after the 1st puppy ler.. on her 1st she seems kinda nervous.. I was back for lunch and I noticed that she's like having contraction.. so we(mum & I) keep an eye on her ler.. and I took 1/2 day leave and be with her.. hee hee! on her 1st pup, when the pup came out, it was still in the water bag and peppa was like shocked duno what it is! haa haa!! So we gotta help to do all the cleaning and etc then only peppa starts to seksek her pup! hee hee!

Never clash before ler.. as this time is only the 1st time peppa gave birth and no GR give birth.. Thank God by the time my GR give birth, I manage to sell off all the MS pups! Else sure become ZOO liao my doggie! hee hee!

Frown

ladee_m
Doggyman

Mar 19, 2005, 6:16 AM

Post #13 of 44 (3717 views)
Shortcut

Hey Y@ Smile

What an expirience for Peppa... but thumbs up for being a good mommy ... so now she's enjoying life huh?...

Does any of ur furkids live inside the house with ur family?... the MS amybe as they are smaller compared to GRs... Can't imagine a regular days' picture of ur house with all the beautiful furkids zooming & playing around... shud be quite a fantastic sight... Cool

carienna
Canine Addict

Mar 19, 2005, 5:11 PM

Post #14 of 44 (3710 views)
Shortcut

Now she's of course enjoying her life ler! hee hee!!! But from out comparison, Peppa is a better mummy than my other GRs!

Wesley used to stay in the house until he got matured.. then he starts to become very protective of me.. Unsure He barks at everyone who comes near me esecially my bf!CrazyCrazy Got no choice... and after having more of the small breed like BamBEE, so I ended u putting Wesley outside with Peppa and BamBEE and now Diamond! hee hee!! Can't have them around in the house as we keep the newborns in the house..

Frown

ladee_m
Doggyman

Mar 19, 2005, 11:00 PM

Post #15 of 44 (3706 views)
Shortcut

Hey Y@ Smile

MS can be so protective eh?... My RuYi is only very nossy & she barks at anyone or anything she heard or see... training her to be less bzbody... but I know MS are very loving & obedient... it takes awhile for RuYi to learn a cretain command but she is alwiz glad to please...

The very protective furkid in d house is my min poodle, Ladee... she is somewhat like ur Wesley... but she is a drama queen too who loves attention so as long as ppl dun fight or raise their voice around me, she is okay with them... we used to play lightly slapping someone's shouldes in the family & she will get very very upset... barks & barks till we stop... hehehe Laugh

How do u manage so many GRs?... Do they have a huge kennel for them all?...

carienna
Canine Addict

Mar 20, 2005, 10:22 PM

Post #16 of 44 (3686 views)
Shortcut

Yeah ler.. my very 1st over protective doggie.. hee hee!

Your RuYi is more like my Diamond.. barks kinda often at whatever it is.. but then if she's in the house alone with us, she is very very kuai... kinda weird uh? Maybe she just wants the attention all to herself.. hee hee!

Hahaha!!! Ladee must be very cute!

How I manage my GR? Yes I have a kennel built for them .. so that there's be enough space for them to walk and run about :) Then in the evening usually we will let them all out to run around and play with each other since we can't bring each and every of them out for a walk!

To see more furkid pictures, click here

Frown

ladee_m
Doggyman

Mar 20, 2005, 11:44 PM

Post #17 of 44 (3684 views)
Shortcut

Hey Y@ Smile

Yeah... most of the other time RuYi dun make much noise in d house... she is contented following us around... when she gets the chance to jump on our laps, its like extra bonus to her... Wink

I can just imagine having to walk 7 GRs at a go... so i dun expet u to walk all of them also... that is one trouble of keeping large breeds, u have to excercise them... smaller doggies dun need that coz running in the garden & about the house is enuf exercise... Wink

in the pics ur furkids looks like enjoying life...

U can se Ladee's & RuYi's pick in the photo gallery... http://photogallery.pets2u.com.my/...t=500&ppuser=613

http://photogallery.pets2u.com.my/...=500&ppuser=3637

carienna
Canine Addict

Mar 21, 2005, 5:11 PM

Post #18 of 44 (3661 views)
Shortcut

Yesterday morning I spent some time cutting their nails also I pening liao.. when come in my mum looked and me wondering why I look like a sakai.. hahah! and I told her "I've just finished cutting 80 nails!" and she laughed at me! Crazy hahaha! Imagine 4 lil furkids oledi 80 nails.. if were to cut all the NAILS at once... sure got LOADSSSSSSS of nails to cut! hee hee!!

Diamond more passive ler compare to my other MS.. she wants nothing else but 100% attention all to herself and when I was in my room online yesterday, she would just want to stay on my lap.. til she falls asleep Crazy

I think if I were to bring 7 GRs out for a walk.. they will end up walking me! hahahahaa!!! Like yesterday when I bathed the 3 months old GR pup, he end up bathing me when he splashed all the water on me! Mad Then starts wagging its tail and like my face! *pffftttttt*

Frown

ladee_m
Doggyman

Mar 21, 2005, 9:26 PM

Post #19 of 44 (3659 views)
Shortcut

Hey Y@ Smile

Wow 80 nails Shocked!!! I have never put it that way b4... hahaha Laugh I am half better than u I guess... only 40... hehehe Sly but grooming is not for the faint hearted... it takes lotsa patience & effort... still the hard work is worth it Wink

RuYi used to be okay when I brush & comb her hair... now she is very strong & knows she can get out of it when she fights hard enuff... its a torture cleaning her ears... she will fight tooth & nails... but grooming is thanks goodness okay coz she will sit still for hours till I get the job done... phew***

carienna
Canine Addict

Mar 21, 2005, 10:56 PM

Post #20 of 44 (3656 views)
Shortcut

80 nails but I failed cuz 1 bleed! Other than that it is not a problem for me on cutting doggies' nails! :)

Grooming I got the patience but sometimes ah... itchy oh my nose! hahahaha!!!! Grooming my MS is not a problem.. but grooming BamBEE is a trouble cuz she tends to scream each time the comb touches her no matter how gentle you comb her..

For more doggie pics, click here

Frown

thedogghouse
Enthusiast

Apr 11, 2005, 9:30 AM

Post #21 of 44 (3599 views)
Shortcut

hi there,

sorry to interrupt. i want to ask how to cut the nails. MS's nails are black and my MS's nails quite long and i don't dare to cut shorter. after cutting her nails, i still can feel the sharpness. any solutions?

carienna
Canine Addict

Apr 12, 2005, 5:36 PM

Post #22 of 44 (3595 views)
Shortcut
Re: [thedogghouse] How do I groom Schnauzer [In reply to] Can't Post

try to cut... little by little.. but not too much.. ensure that when ur furkid is standing.. the nail is apart from the floor... know what I mean? if after cutting the nail still leaves the nail sharp... try to file it.. hehe!! else, for an easier way, bring ur furkid out to walk on the tar road...

as for me, perhaps sudah biasa.. so I know on average how to cut the black nails lor

Frown

thedogghouse
Enthusiast

Apr 12, 2005, 8:12 PM

Post #23 of 44 (3587 views)
Shortcut

i dun bring my dog go out for walk. hehe... i think i need to get the file. human's file can't help much. dog's file big anot? my petshop didn't sell those files. so weird. anyway i try to get fr other shop. u groom ur dog urself?

elynn

carienna
Canine Addict

Apr 12, 2005, 11:50 PM

Post #24 of 44 (3578 views)
Shortcut
Re: [thedogghouse] How do I groom Schnauzer [In reply to] Can't Post

hehe! neither do i bring my doggies out for a walk.. i let them run around in the garden though.. i dun want to take the risk walking them and let them get attacked by my neighbours mongrels!

I using HUMAN file lah for my MS! hahahahaa!!!! you know what? i use those rough kinda file that they use to shape human nails.. erm.. those looks like a sand paper structure.. you know?

Yes I groom all my MS myself! how about you? It is a very nice time to spend to groom my MS! :D I groom my fren's MS too... (she bought the Ms from me lah! Wesley + Peppa's pup)

For more doggie pics, click here

Frown

thedogghouse
Enthusiast

Apr 13, 2005, 3:32 AM

Post #25 of 44 (3573 views)
Shortcut

i dun even let my dog walk out around the garden cos my neighbour is malay and they don't like we hv dog. so i scare that they simply throw some food that got poison and poison her. this is one of the risk too!! hehe....

those human file izzit like the ice cream stick one? those realli can file? but the MS's nails are so hard can file meh? easy to file anot?

i groom my dog myself too. rather groom myself but then m MS kinda naughty.... doesn't realli like me to groom her. i also got groom my friend's shih tzu but no point of helping her to groom and she doesn't even take good care of her shih tzu. everytime when i see her dog....wah....realli like hv to botak the whole fur cos all tangled.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my