Home: Dog & Puppy Health: Eye Care and Conditions:
Shih Tze: Need help on grooming ear section

entrapnet
Novice

Mar 9, 2005, 10:49 PM

Post #1 of 10 (8437 views)
Shortcut
Shih Tze: Need help on grooming ear section Can't Post

My shih tze hair grew longer until cover the whole front eye portion! What can I do to make it neat again?
Entrapnet
[Benji's owner]

meiyoong

Mar 11, 2005, 5:19 AM

Post #2 of 10 (8428 views)
Shortcut
Re: [entrapnet] Shih Tze: Need help on grooming ear section [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

i also face the same problem with u since my shih tzu is a puppy.Bcoz of my shih tzu bad experince at the grooming. So since then whenever i try to trim the hair at his eye portion, he will start bitting me. Serious one. No joke!

entrapnet
Novice

Mar 11, 2005, 5:34 AM

Post #3 of 10 (8427 views)
Shortcut
Re: [meiyoong] Shih Tze: Need help on grooming ear section [In reply to] Can't Post

no way!!!!!

I'm going to groom centre this week for the eye section after waiting for so long. I have check the [penang grooming center forum] and found one good one. I'll post if it manage to work properly.

Tips: try to hold its head... if... it try to bite u... take one toy and let it bite then groom it with coom (www.tinyshihtzu.com)

I know this but only successful to touch its fair of its eye but didn't dare to comb. hehe

Maybe you can try the first step
Entrapnet
[Benji's owner]

meiyoong

Mar 12, 2005, 1:49 AM

Post #4 of 10 (8420 views)
Shortcut
Re: [entrapnet] Shih Tze: Need help on grooming ear section [In reply to] Can't Post

Hmm i dun think i could win over my shih tzu. My sis and i have tried several way to prevent hime to bite , all also fail. But u don't worry, not all the shih tzu is the same. My shih tzu is a bit aggresive and stubborn one.Angelic

entrapnet
Novice

Mar 12, 2005, 5:56 AM

Post #5 of 10 (8414 views)
Shortcut
Re: [meiyoong] Shih Tze: Need help on grooming ear section [In reply to] Can't Post

"shih tzu is one clever but sturborn dog.." - tinyshihtzu.com

I believe you are right... tommorow would be the day where my dog going to the grooming centre... will post it after it is successfully been done

p/s: mei fong... ur dog seem to be ok (from the picture u post)....
Entrapnet
[Benji's owner]

entrapnet
Novice

Mar 13, 2005, 5:29 PM

Post #6 of 10 (8401 views)
Shortcut

ok... i have came back with my report....

it seem that we need to check few things before we attend the eye area or else it will hurt our poor puppy

1) Don't comb your dog ear area if it is full of eye's shit

If it happen to have alot of them (due to accumulation), just batch your dog then use a face tower.

Once it is clean, just use comb to make your dog eye's area tidely....Your dog will tend to move around but try to use your hand to hold it firmly to position looking at you. Don't make it too hard until it hurt.... if it is keep on shaking or backing... release

Try to say like you are one "handsome boy" or "you are so cute"... it seem to work wonder for my puppy. I guess it love people praise it in the matter.

Then try again... It should work for my case. I put it up on a chair so it won't have much space to move around. ^_^Cool
Entrapnet
[Benji's owner]

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 13, 2005, 6:49 PM

Post #7 of 10 (8400 views)
Shortcut

when a dog really wana bite, maybe the only way is temporry wear a "massel" (sorry not good in spelling)

Regards,

Yang

entrapnet
Novice

Mar 13, 2005, 8:22 PM

Post #8 of 10 (8390 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leecy] Shih Tze: Need help on grooming ear section [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
when a dog really wana bite, maybe the only way is temporry wear a "massel" (sorry not good in spelling)

Massel?What is that?Shocked
Entrapnet
[Benji's owner]

Toy
K9 Maniac

Apr 23, 2005, 9:25 AM

Post #9 of 10 (8179 views)
Shortcut

There is a type of siccor in the market, im not sure wether u know it a not, just try to help if possible, the siccor is specially designed to groom eyes area, which the end of the siccor is circle in shape (not sharp) so at least it wont be that dangerous when trim near the eyes.

entrapnet
Novice

Apr 25, 2005, 3:49 AM

Post #10 of 10 (8164 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Toy] Shih Tze: Need help on grooming ear section [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
There is a type of siccor in the market, im not sure wether u know it a not, just try to help if possible, the siccor is specially designed to groom eyes area, which the end of the siccor is circle in shape (not sharp) so at least it wont be that dangerous when trim near the eyes.

Siccor? Do you have the picture of it? I really need help on the eye area.

This is the remedy that I used to control my dog from moving around (but take time).

Put your dog to sit position and start comb on its uper head near the eye site. Put your hand under the dog cheek and said... "Up" (for my case anyway)... my dog will rest his head on my hand and start combing the eye section. The whole process take me 45 minutes.
Entrapnet
[Benji's owner]

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my