When is the best time to spay the dog?

cvlew
Novice

Mar 9, 2005, 2:48 AM

Post #1 of 6 (830 views)
Shortcut
When is the best time to spay the dog? Can't Post

Hi,

I plan to spay my puppy. She is 6 months now. Is it too earlier to spay the puppy at this stage?

How much is the normal charge? Anyone know any good vets in PJ/Subang for this type of operation.

llchoong
Dog Kichi

Mar 9, 2005, 9:24 PM

Post #2 of 6 (821 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cvlew] When is the best time to spay the dog? [In reply to] Can't Post

I spayed my ST when she was 6 mths old too.

The charges depend on the size of your breed. I paid about RM300-RM400

Garfieldpopeye
New User

Mar 29, 2005, 8:32 AM

Post #3 of 6 (760 views)
Shortcut

Spaying a bitch can be performed on any age of animal and has been routinely performed as early as 12 weeks og age without ill-effect. The advantages of spaying the bitch before she reaches puberty are that it can prevent unwanted pregnancy and decrease the risk of later development of mammary cancer and other diseases associated with pregnancy and parturition significantly. I strongly recommend that bitch that is not intended for breeding should be spayed to control reproduction and protection against mammary cancer and diseases.

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Mar 30, 2005, 3:26 PM

Post #4 of 6 (732 views)
Shortcut

Normally you will need to spay your dog when they reach around 1 year old. Younger dog can't reproduce yet so no worries. There is a vet in Bandar Puteri, Puchong called small animal. Is quite cheap. Maybe you can go and check it out.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ? , ":./
| ;];]c_)
Cool kitconnie78 is the owner of Blush Bibi, Smile Eden, Minmin (Silky Terrier), Tongue Momo (M. Schnaunzer) Laugh Gobi (pug) Sly Magic (Border Collie) and Frown Ariel

Tiggykoh
Dog Kichi

Mar 31, 2005, 4:48 AM

Post #5 of 6 (711 views)
Shortcut

The charge varies with the size of the dog too. So smaller, the cheaper etc.

I bring all my dogs to Dillon's Clinic in section 11, PJ. He is a very experienced vet.

The earlier you spay a dog, the less discomfort they appear to go thru too. My cousin spay her lab which was about 5 years and the lab felt the sudden drop in hormones (I think) cause she was really weak for about 2 days after the op.

maxsimkh
Novice

Apr 12, 2005, 5:54 AM

Post #6 of 6 (666 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tiggykoh] When is the best time to spay the dog? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi.

The earliest you can have your bitch spayed is at the age of 6 months. This is recommended in order to give time for the bitch to have enough time for her secondary sexual development (all the female features). You can try UVH (University Veterinary Hospital) in UPM under Faculty of Veterinary Medicine. I think the price is not more than RM200 for a small - medium sized dog.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my