PAWS

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 8, 2005, 5:37 PM

Post #1 of 34 (3035 views)
Shortcut
PAWS Can't Post

A standalone that looks poorly run, poorly funded and poorly volunteered. Many people have enquired of the location of Paws and it is not an easy place to find.

They say they do not condone the termination of any healthy animals. This needs to be checked for verification ; how do they keep the population in control ?

Hardly any 'active' advertising, promotion and education has been performed by paws. Most people probably get to know of this place through word of mouth from their friends and a particular website forum - puppy.com.my. There has been some active effort by some volunteers in attempt to help paws get their dogs adopted. This is hardly acceptable, in relying only on their volunteer's efforts and yet not making any proper efforts themselves in getting their dogs & cats adopted, funding, so on and so forth. There is no concerted effort in raising the profile of paws.

Any visitor could probably just walk in and not be noticed or attended to, unless he makes an effort to be noticed.

Animals are not labelled and introduced to visitors. They are either in a cage or roaming around a restricted compound amongst each other. Who are the volunteers and who are the guests ? Nobody knows. And who’s in charge of what ? Is there a person in charge of ensuring that there are volunteers, PR of the shelter, etc ?

No website, hardly any communication with the public as compared to spca.

For both shelters, there is hardly any greenery for the strays to walk on. They are mostly concrete slabs of confined space or cages and more cages.

Regards,

Yang

Morphware
Novice

Mar 8, 2005, 8:19 PM

Post #2 of 34 (3017 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leecy] PAWS [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Leecy, I have been working very hard at PAWS for a while now as have many other volunteers. PAWS has been around for almost 20 years and in the past 8 has really gone downhill. Yes the place looks rundown because it is, but instead of complaining about it why not do something about it? Did you attend the last PAWS AGM? For that matter are you a PAWS member?

If you are a PAWS member you can make an even bigger difference, because then you will be invited to the AGM to cast your vote on who stands in the committee for the following year. You could even be in the committee if you have the support.

To this day I am astounded that people from the previous committee had the guts to stand for the current committee, Mdm Ajit(refered to as the old lady in the office) the vice president of PAWS is one of these and she is directly responsible (in my opinion) for the current state of PAWS. She is the reason Dr Maha is still there because he commands over one hundred votes by calling in his family and friends so that he can keep his easy job.

The current committee is forunate to have a new president Dr. Cheng she is an Assoc Prof in Vet Medicine at UPM, I can't think of anyone better qualified. However almost everything she tries to get done at the shelter meets with oppostion from "the old lady" and her recruits in the committee.

So I call on all that have a concern and want to make a difference, there is an AGM comming up in April, become a member and vote the right people into the committee for the sake of the animals.

The best two things that could happen for PAWS at the moment is for Dr Maha to go and for this to happen Mdm Ajit has to go. Get as many people as possible to become PAWS members get them to vote against Mdm Ajit and her people.

Side note:
At the last AGM the secretary that was voted in was in singapore she is a retired school headmistress and honestly has no idea, she doesn't even understand why animals need to be spayed and neutered. The woman who didn't get the position works with the world wildlife fund, she raised over 2Million ringit last year for them she know how to aproach to get money to make paws better, she could have made a real difference. But because Dr Maha put up his hand all his friends and family put up their hands and the wrong person was voted in so that Maha has his job for one more year.

Oh and Leecy PAWS has a website www.pawsmalaysia.com its written on the signs on the fence at the shelter.

And another thing the new article that you are refering to was not from the PAWS committee it was from Mdm Ajit and she makes it sound like she runs the place, there are alot of people on the committee even people from her camp that are very unhapy about that news article.

Anyway I hope we see you and your friends at PAWS for more volunteer work even though all this is going on, the animals need us all to do whatever we can for them including get rid of these horrible people that are ruining the shelter.

See you at the AGM ok Wink

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 9, 2005, 1:38 AM

Post #3 of 34 (2983 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Morphware] PAWS [In reply to] Can't Post

Morphware~

I notice u registered as a new user & this is the only posting u posted, i can imagine how PAWS vice president Madam Anjit trying to add pressure on those who trying to tell the truth.

"Yes the place looks rundown because it is, but instead of complaining about it why not do something about it? Did you attend the last PAWS AGM? For that matter are you a PAWS member? "

( im doing something here. as i realise that what is important is tell the public what is happening. pls correct me if i state anything wrongly, thanks. i dont attend the AGM but i know what is happening in there, im not a PAWS member as well. I have no interest to register as a member of PAWS.)

"If you are a PAWS member you can make an even bigger difference, because then you will be invited to the AGM to cast your vote on who stands in the committee for the following year. You could even be in the committee if you have the support."

(as u can see, the AGM voting results is already planned by the old lady & the old man. all the "men in blacks" they invited will raise up their hands if they the 2 old man raise. of corse it is costful to invite such amount to assure their sits, something must be fruitful for them in order to spend tht much to remain their sits. I thought PAWS is non-profit, maybe we should think why they willing to spend that much? something like they will get a good returns... if i got to invite that much ppl to join as member & the amount have to be big enough in order to make this 2 old man down, i cant afford. moreover im doubt the membership fee will "fund" them in another way round. the 2 old man who already suck the $$$ for more than 7years of corse can beat me up. rather than spending money to change PAWS, im starting a new society, no killing & will critizise what they had done wrongly. as what i have stated in another thread, previous president resign also bcs of public pressure. without this pressure, nobody will step down.)

"To this day I am astounded that people from the previous committee had the guts to stand for the current committee, Mdm Ajit(refered to as the old lady in the office) the vice president of PAWS is one of these and she is directly responsible (in my opinion) for the current state of PAWS. She is the reason Dr Maha is still there because he commands over one hundred votes by calling in his family and friends so that he can keep his easy job. "

(totally agree with u in this statement, except: i dont call ppl who is not respective Madam, just call her the old lady will do. Is Maha a Dr? i never seen he approach the animals also, he even throw sick kitten a life into the freezer without doing anything. he is a sucker instead.)

"The current committee is forunate to have a new president Dr. Cheng she is an Assoc Prof in Vet Medicine at UPM, I can't think of anyone better qualified. However almost everything she tries to get done at the shelter meets with oppostion from "the old lady" and her recruits in the committee."

(yes, at this stage, at least the president is down. but as u said she is an Assoc Prof, means she is a busy person. & whatever she wish to do is objected by most of the 2 old lady gang which sits in the comitee. & by bringing student vets there to spay/neuter the animals there is not a long term solution)

"So I call on all that have a concern and want to make a difference, there is an AGM comming up in April, become a member and vote the right people into the committee for the sake of the animals."

(hopefully the "right ppl" will be voted. not only replace with another person, that person might be crazy of sits too.)

"The best two things that could happen for PAWS at the moment is for Dr Maha to go and for this to happen Mdm Ajit has to go. Get as many people as possible to become PAWS members get them to vote against Mdm Ajit and her people."

(yes, this is the best thing to happen at the moment. abt the method in order to do so, i dont want to comment wether this is the best way. as this is only my personal opinion.)

"At the last AGM the secretary that was voted in was in singapore she is a retired school headmistress and honestly has no idea, she doesn't even understand why animals need to be spayed and neutered. The woman who didn't get the position works with the world wildlife fund, she raised over 2Million ringit last year for them she know how to aproach to get money to make paws better, she could have made a real difference. But because Dr Maha put up his hand all his friends and family put up their hands and the wrong person was voted in so that Maha has his job for one more year."

(i agree with u in this statement, the WWF lady should have make a changes if she is voted. but pardon me she said she able to raise 2million or she raised 2million? but anyway, even if she can only raise 1million she is worth to vote definitely)

"Oh and Leecy PAWS has a website www.pawsmalaysia.com its written on the signs on the fence at the shelter."

(sorry i din realise there is a website. pls forgive me.)

"And another thing the new article that you are refering to was not from the PAWS committee it was from Mdm Ajit and she makes it sound like she runs the place, there are alot of people on the committee even people from her camp that are very unhapy about that news article."

(sorry, which news article u talking abt?)

"Anyway I hope we see you and your friends at PAWS for more volunteer work even though all this is going on, the animals need us all to do whatever we can for them including get rid of these horrible people that are ruining the shelter."

(yes, we were there to help. we hate the devils there but we love the animals there as well. the problem is, they treat volunteers like workers...)

"See you at the AGM ok"

(I might be there if the 2 old man never stop me outside)

hey fren, who r u actually? u might be somebody...

Regards,

Yang

(This post was edited by Admin on Mar 9, 2005, 2:17 AM)

Morphware
Novice

Mar 9, 2005, 2:15 AM

Post #4 of 34 (2971 views)
Shortcut

Yes I only registered today, I have been on here before but thats a long story. Anyway I was told that there was a group of people saying some interesting things about PAWS on here and thought I should check it out.

I am so very happy to hear that we have more people out there that want to see the right things happening at PAWS.

Perhaps we can all gather somewhere and talk about our concerns and what we can do about it. I have many ideas that would start to make things alot better but so far I have only met oppostion from the old lady on the committee.

So like I said the first move is to end her rein get some real people that have the animals welfare in their hearts and not their own importance.

Don't be worried about the old men in the office they can't do anything to you, in fact if you are a member they can't even stop you from coming on to the property. If you have any concerns talk to me, reply to the email I just sent and we will go from there.

ok ciao for now

Morphware
Novice

Mar 9, 2005, 2:45 AM

Post #5 of 34 (2962 views)
Shortcut

"Yes the place looks rundown because it is, but instead of complaining about it why not do something about it? Did you attend the last PAWS AGM? For that matter are you a PAWS member? "

( im doing something here. as i realise that what is important is tell the public what is happening. pls correct me if i state anything wrongly, thanks. i dont attend the AGM but i know what is happening in there, im not a PAWS member as well. I have no interest to register as a member of PAWS.)

"If you are a PAWS member you can make an even bigger difference, because then you will be invited to the AGM to cast your vote on who stands in the committee for the following year. You could even be in the committee if you have the support."

(as u can see, the AGM voting results is already planned by the old lady & the old man. all the "men in blacks" they invited will raise up their hands if they the 2 old man raise. of corse it is costful to invite such amount to assure their sits, something must be fruitful for them in order to spend tht much to remain their sits. I thought PAWS is non-profit, maybe we should think why they willing to spend that much? something like they will get a good returns... if i got to invite that much ppl to join as member & the amount have to be big enough in order to make this 2 old man down, i cant afford. moreover im doubt the membership fee will "fund" them in another way round. the 2 old man who already suck the $$$ for more than 7years of corse can beat me up. rather than spending money to change PAWS, im starting a new society, no killing & will critizise what they had done wrongly. as what i have stated in another thread, previous president resign also bcs of public pressure. without this pressure, nobody will step down.)

Leecy I just re-read you post, I'm kind of concerned with the above two paragraphs, I urge you to please become a member! As a member you have the power to make a change, the more like minded people that we can rally together the better the chance to make some real changes.

Also please don't simply critisize, there are some very good hearted people involved with PAWS now that want to do things to make it a better place and there are alot of people keeping a very close eye on the money that comes in and how it spent, the staff at PAWS really can't "suck $$$" as you put it, there are systems and checks in place now to prevent this.

So please be a PAWS member, its the best way to make a difference, and make sure you get and keep your receipt.Frown

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 9, 2005, 11:27 AM

Post #6 of 34 (2935 views)
Shortcut

of corse we wont simply criticise, no worry.

i heard the old man told a guy who wish to surrender his dog to pay 150

thought surrender fee is not that much?

whr goes the extra?

yes, i agree there are lots of good & nice ppl at PAWS

but we should criticise the bad ppl

abt the receipt, is there anyway to recognise wether it is really a PAWS official receipt?

if there are bad ppl like those who charge extra, they might got 2 receipt book, 1 is PAWS' 1 is their own. if they write into their own receipt book, of corse nobody know where the money will go.

pls have a look at PAWS, those who never compete for post but always work there is the 1 who reali have the heart on the animals, those who always fighting for the post, well, what can i say? they dont have the heart.

Publicity is what the 2 old men afraid of, i shall consider ur suggestion too of corse.

Regards,

Yang

Liz Tay
Dog Kichi

Mar 9, 2005, 10:16 PM

Post #7 of 34 (2914 views)
Shortcut

Wow Leecy!

you surely have opened a can of worms here!

About getting complaints acted upon – I understand earlier complaints to the previous PAWS Committee may have fallen on deaf ears but I have spoken with our new President, Dr Nadzariah Cheng, who says she would be very interested to hear about your experiences at PAWS and give serious attention to any complaints. (And anyone else who has concerns or suggestions).

She invites you to contact her directly on

PAWSfeedback

Please consider emailing her. PAWS is so badly in need of improvement and she is truly trying to get somewhere.

Apart from this, I would agree with Morphware that anyone wishing to make lasting change at PAWS really should go through the membership and voting route. Volunteering is alternately fun, hard work, frustrating and satisfying (and almost always dirty) but even the best voluntary work has only limited, temporary benefits. Joining and voting is definitely the way to go. The next AGM is due soon (no more 7 year waits will be accepted)

Every helping hand and every vote counts.

Regards

Liz, Volunteer

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 9, 2005, 10:33 PM

Post #8 of 34 (2910 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Liz Tay] PAWS [In reply to] Can't Post

hi Liz Tay,

sorry if my view point is wrong, thanks for correcting me.

well, after much discussion i have to say by register as a member & vote on the AGM is the most direct way.

publicity is an indirect way but is what the old man & old lady most afraid of.

but as long as the old man & old lady is there, we will face difficulties. u know i know what they did at previous AGM.

but of corse we shouldnt give up easily.

hope the good ppl will unite their power to vote the devils down!

angels must be voted up of corse!

Regards,

Yang

feipor
Novice

Mar 11, 2005, 2:59 AM

Post #9 of 34 (2866 views)
Shortcut

HI Morphware,

power to make change as a member? u must be joking

during the last AGM, there had never been verification on the ppls who raise thier hand n vote, they just count the hands. the majority of hands are ......ppls that u never seen before, they r indons and bangladeshi. they r not even malaysian, and they r never member!!! they r brought in by the old lady arjit each paid them rm20 to vote for her team. the member like myself who paid rm 200 as life member. dont get counted in an unfair election. the number of illegals in the AGM who raise hands for a particular camp outnumber all the real members.

make change....were u there during the AGM? then u know wat i m talking abt.

Morphware
Novice

Mar 11, 2005, 3:08 AM

Post #10 of 34 (2861 views)
Shortcut
Re: [feipor] PAWS [In reply to] Can't Post

Please rest assured that the new president is organizing a proper AGM with a proper vote.

I have alot a faith regarding the new president and I am sure she will make sure that everything is above board this time.

Be a PAWS member and you will see that you haev the power to make a real change for the better at PAWS.

feipor
Novice

Mar 11, 2005, 3:12 AM

Post #11 of 34 (2858 views)
Shortcut

hi,

a Foreigner went to paws to make donation on dog food. dr Maha told her, we only accept "hillscience" brand, and must buy the chicken flavoured one.

why? bcos old lady arjit has 12 dogs at home, they r all fed Hillscience chicken flavour. all the hillscience will be loaded into the old lady arjit's car, when she come n collect it. me, and many other volunteers had seen that time and again. one of a regular lady volunteer confronted arjit when they r loading it. old lady arjit treaten her and say will get police to catch her. ....

i think we have to start a topic, call it Joke Of Paw.

another joke, a friend of mine went in to help out as volunteer for the first time, dr maha told them, u must make donation if not the dogs will bite u. where is the respect for the Fat Vet who can only talk nonsense?

feipor
Novice

Mar 11, 2005, 3:17 AM

Post #12 of 34 (2857 views)
Shortcut

thanks i really hope we can have a real AGM, hope we can help the animals and not the bastards pockets and car load of donated items.

feipor
Novice

Mar 11, 2005, 3:25 AM

Post #13 of 34 (2855 views)
Shortcut

have u heard of the frozen kitten story? a kitten was sick and called to the attention of the Vet. the Vet Maha, instructed a worker to pick this kitten up and put it into a freezer in no time.

Is THe paws' vet doing some hitech R&D? supposedly to freeze up the kitten to cure her sickness? this is torturing an animal to death. Paws animal welfare society....where is the welfare when the vet in charge has no respect for lives? and no respect for his profession as a Vet in charge?

Morphware
Novice

Mar 11, 2005, 3:32 AM

Post #14 of 34 (2850 views)
Shortcut

ok ok ok, I know the vet at PAWS is horrible but unforunately in order to do things properly and by the labor laws it takes time to get rid of him.

The best thing that you could do is to write a formal complaint to the committee regarding what you have witnessed or if you didn't witness it get the person who did to write. It is only through formal complaint letters that he can be got rid of that way. Hearsay will not stand in court.

Anyway please to do not judge the organisation on the wrong doings of a few horrible people, myself and many others have in the last two months made many changes for the better and there are maney more to come. We can use all the support we can get. :)

Morphware
Novice

Mar 11, 2005, 3:33 AM

Post #15 of 34 (2847 views)
Shortcut

About getting complaints acted upon – I understand earlier complaints to the previous PAWS Committee may have fallen on deaf ears but I have spoken with our new President, Dr Nadzariah Cheng, who says she would be very interested to hear about your experiences at PAWS and give serious attention to any complaints. (And anyone else who has concerns or suggestions).

She invites you to contact her directly on

PAWSfeedback

Please consider emailing her. PAWS is so badly in need of improvement and she is truly trying to get somewhere.

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 11, 2005, 6:33 AM

Post #16 of 34 (2832 views)
Shortcut

I was wondering... What can Dr. Cheng do by reading the official letter/complaints? can u pls give me a clear image?

Dr. Cheng being the new president, what had she do so far? (Im asking, as i dont know)

What is the difference if we send an official letter or we dont?

she can do extra if we send?

"earlier complaints to the previous PAWS Committee may have fallen on deaf ears but I have spoken with our new President, Dr Nadzariah Cheng, who says she would be very interested to hear about your experiences at PAWS and give serious attention to any complaints"

Is Dr. Cheng know abt what is happening previously? if yes what she had done? y she cant sack Dr.Maha? anybody send the previous complains to her? if yes, what can she do? just like if i send an official letter? what can she do?

anyway, no harm i try email her & might send an official letter too. but i got a society to run also, whic i think is most important thing for me. My priority is to solve & improve my society which have more than 40 animals now. & this is the most efficient way (starting a new, clean society) to fight with devils in PAWS.

Regards,

Yang

Jackfruit
Novice

Mar 11, 2005, 5:48 PM

Post #17 of 34 (2809 views)
Shortcut

She might need testimonies and investigations on Dr. Maha for proving the alledged accussations against him. Please provide Paws with an Internal Investigation, in order to sack him. Somebody please give the ACA a ring and CSI (what is it called here ?) and FBI (again, what is it called here?). Isn't there those probono lawyers around in Malaysia ? or is there no such thing in M'sia ?

juliana16
Novice

Mar 23, 2005, 1:06 AM

Post #18 of 34 (2605 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

during the last AGM, there had never been verification on the ppls who raise thier hand n vote, they just count the hands. the majority of hands are ......ppls that u never seen before, they r indons and bangladeshi. they r not even malaysian, and they r never member!!! they r brought in by the old lady arjit each paid them rm20 to vote for her team. the member like myself who paid rm 200 as life member. dont get counted in an unfair election. the number of illegals in the AGM who raise hands for a particular camp outnumber all the real members.

make change....were u there during the AGM? then u know wat i m talking abt.

(This post was edited by juliana16 on Mar 23, 2005, 1:08 AM)

juliana16
Novice

Mar 23, 2005, 1:19 AM

Post #19 of 34 (2600 views)
Shortcut
Re: [juliana16] PAWS [In reply to] Can't Post

At the last AGM, wasn't the ppl attending checked against the register of members? Quorum has to be attained before the AGM can proceed. If non-members are allowed to vote, we should all get our friends & relatives (non-members) to attend the next AGM to outvote them. We need to do this for our poor defenceless four-legged friends who are homeless due to irresponsibility of ppl.

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 23, 2005, 10:55 PM

Post #20 of 34 (2549 views)
Shortcut

Think you have the right idea ... Smile ...

But we should not do what is wrong (2 wrongs don't make one right) ...

Join PAWS as a member ... it's RM20-00 for annual membership ... and be heard ... vote ... make your voice count ... Let your voice be heard in support for the animals in PAWS ...

Maybe your vote alone will not be enough ... maybe your vote & mine will also still not be enough ... but if we ALL stand together ... if we all become members of PAWS together ... then we can make a difference.

And together, we can speak with one voice for those who cannot speak for themselves ...

Cheers

juliana16
Novice

Mar 24, 2005, 8:21 PM

Post #21 of 34 (2502 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy] PAWS [In reply to] Can't Post

I will go to PAWS on Saturday morning to sign up as a member. I do hope we will be eligible to attend the next AGM. To anyone planning to visit PAWs this Saturday, I can pick u up from PJ/Subang Jaya

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 25, 2005, 7:21 AM

Post #22 of 34 (2464 views)
Shortcut

Hi ...

Great ... yes - if you register as a member this Saturday ... you will be qualified to vote at the next AGM ...

In many ways ... I do understand the sentiments of many of the posters who are unhappy with or critise PAWS ... It's so hard sometimes not to become frustrated or angry even - when we see how it's like at PAWS ... When we think about what PAWS can be, what it can represent ... instead of what it currently is ... Unsure

Yes, we can complain and we can gripe ...

But if we truly wish to see change ... not just for now or today ... but for tomorrow, if we wish to see a long lasting change ... then we need to address more than just the immediate problems of dirty kennels or overcrowding at the shelter ... we also need to address the "cause" of why PAWS is in the state it is ... and to do that we need to become members, and work within the Consitution to bring long lasting and hopefully effective change - for the better.

Cheers Smile

no7
Novice

Mar 31, 2005, 2:46 AM

Post #23 of 34 (2331 views)
Shortcut

Wow, what a Hero here and there and everywhere. Now is the time to take a good look at yourself and your Society of Pee & Poo and Rescue a Vampire. Ppl says when u point a finger at somebody, you are actually pointing thee fingers at your good self.

Claimed to be a leader and founder of Pee and Poo society. The fact is (1) Not registered yet already broken into pieces by own internal politics.

(2) Teaching a surgeon how to operate even though just a student only mah. No experience mah.

(3) Very clever to humiliate and put ppl down and finally find out a leader without followers is Just Taking A walk only mah. Penang Hokkian says “Kia Kia Eh” at Gurney Drive. It’s a good place to go fly kite there.

(4) No AGM. No fact No Nothing. Decision is made like Saddam Hussein style. Any opposition will be shot dead.

(5) Cannot survive even 20 months. Paws at least not perfect can last 20 years.

(6) A Hero becomes A Zero overnight. What kind of a hero is that?

Conclusion: The facts speak for itself.

Good ppl at Paws, if you acts at your conscience and know God loves you, your friend loves you and the most important, you love yourself. Ppl who don’t love you, it’s their business.

Cheers everybody you ppl have done a good work at Paws. Keep it up.

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 31, 2005, 3:42 AM

Post #24 of 34 (2326 views)
Shortcut

mad dog sighting! SlySlySly Wink Tongue

Smile
Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Apr 1, 2005, 12:05 AM

Post #25 of 34 (2261 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ai_ney] PAWS [In reply to] Can't Post

What to do ... Tongue ...

But think he/she is posting in wrong thread on wrong subject even ... Wink ...

Cheers

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my