Home grooming w/out training

doggielover01
New User

Mar 20, 2003, 9:43 AM

Post #1 of 4 (1797 views)
Shortcut
Home grooming w/out training Can't Post

Hello everybody,
I recently went to get a job bathing dogs at a popular Pet Store chain. Management took me behind the scenes to get familiar with everything. And, I was appauled by what the dogs had to go through in their whole ordeal just to be groomed! Needless to say, I ended up not wanting the job! After leaving there, I knew that I didn't want to work there OR take my dog there to be groomed ever again! So, I figured, how hard can it be to give him a hair cut myself?!
I have been searching for some information on the web about how to groom your dog at home. But, all I can find is information on training classes and books (which are expensive). I finally found free information about how to clip your dogs toenails which was very helpful! I was wondering if anyone knew of a website where they were offering doggie haircut information for free.
Thanks alot for any help you give give.... by the way, I own a long haired Carin Terrier.

elizatye
K9 Senior

Mar 20, 2003, 5:53 PM

Post #2 of 4 (1791 views)
Shortcut
Re: [doggielover01] Home grooming w/out training [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, I am very interested and also prefer in grooming my furkid myself. Previuosly I was done my first grooming for my puppy, a male M Schnauzer, myself. It is not easy but very interested. I have no idea about how to groom a Cairn Terrier, may be this site can give you a bit guidance, http://www.google.com/...grooming&spell=1.

Happy and enjoy your grooming for your furkid.

Smile Eliza

arthur
ALPHA

Mar 22, 2003, 5:36 PM

Post #3 of 4 (1768 views)
Shortcut

Hi!

Care to share what you saw "behind the scenes" that disturbed you? Bathing a dog normally involves wetting the coat, applying shampoo, rinse and blow dry. Should be pretty routine. Of course we should avoid getting the insides of the ears wet. It'll be interesting to know what else goes on when we leave our doggies for a bath/grooming..

Rdgs Arthur

May
Old Hand

Mar 22, 2003, 7:13 PM

Post #4 of 4 (1765 views)
Shortcut

I'm interested to know too.....care sharing with us what you encounter at the grooming centre.

I have sent my dog for grooming at a petshop for a few times and I noticed that she shivered everytime we send her there.......she even whined non-stop in the car. When I fetched her she'll whine non-stop to me again........seems like complaining to me why I leave her there and let her suffer. I'm really interested to know what happen behind the scene as outsider are not allow to enter the grooming area.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my