Home: Behavioral Problems: Behavioural Issues - General:
help...to do or not to do

Marion Tan
Novice

Mar 3, 2005, 4:25 AM

Post #1 of 2 (837 views)
Shortcut
help...to do or not to do Can't Post

hi.. im not sure what im doing here is right... but i dunno where else i can get advices from... anyway... i'll get straight 2 da point.... my aunt has a Chow Chow, its hind legs were born twisted, as it aged it gets more painful n now the leg is starting 2 rot .. as da dog itslef cant help chewing its own leg... after getting consultation from her vet.. he suggested 2 do surgery.. but in the end da was cancelled by da vet himself.. the dog was given medication such as pills n cream. when she tries 2 apply cream 4 da dog, it agressively bites her until bruised.. to her...she has no otha options but to put it 2 sleep....i dun wan her dog 2 b put 2 sleep ... is there any otha options???? reply ASAP.. it might b put down within a week....
()"*"()
( 'o', )
(,,)=(,,) *~*heEaALoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!*~*

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Mar 7, 2005, 9:13 PM

Post #2 of 2 (804 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Marion Tan] help...to do or not to do [In reply to] Can't Post

why dont u ask the vet to cut the leg off. is it both of the legs of just one of it? if its just one of it, then cut the leg, you will be surprised how the dog can adapt three legged. but of course since chow chow is a very "compact" breed, u need to monitor the weight.

if both of the legs are rotten, then the best choice is to put the dog to sleep as it will be both painful for the owner to just see the dog like that and also painful for the dog to suffer. u mentioned the dog is old..he has served you good and done his duty. now its time for u to help him.

as much as i am a doglover. i will put the chow to sleep as i dont want the dog to suffer. if u still want to see how long the dog can go, make an elizabethan collar and put around the dogs neck. it looks like a lamp shade..he will not chew his leg cause he will not be able to reach it. but i too think the dog is trying to heal itself..animal has amazing instinct. decision up to you.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my