Poodles

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

mandolin
Enthusiast

Feb 25, 2005, 6:03 PM

Post #1 of 150 (3861 views)
Shortcut
Poodles Can't Post

We have a pair of black poodles < 3 years old. Mimi is in the midst of whelping now. Wife has taken leave to attend to Mimi...hahaha. Whelping is new to us. Two new arrivals so far..... We welcome your views or help. TQ.

(This post was edited by mandolin on Feb 25, 2005, 6:17 PM)

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Feb 25, 2005, 8:38 PM

Post #2 of 150 (3836 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mandolin] Poodles [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi mandolin,

warm welcome to the forum here. Black poodles are rare in malaysia. Hope that mimi will have a safe delivery. Congrats in advance ya !

cheers,
minglmy

mandolin
Enthusiast

Feb 25, 2005, 11:59 PM

Post #3 of 150 (3821 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] Poodles [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear Mr. Doggyman (Ming Yang),

Much thanks for the well wishes and your hospitality. Feel happy to know you. Didn't know that black poodles are uncommon (possibly of the taboo associated with black). The picture (avatar) on your right is of Mimi when the lady is 2 months old. She's well behaved and is quite a lovable pet. Are you aware that poodles do not shed furs that easily?

I was out on a doggy errand. Went to Pet World, Subang Parade to obtain the knickknacks after whelping and visited the vet (got hold of lactose calcium tablets from the friendly vet). The final count for Mimi's litter is 7 puppies - all in good health.

My wife and I are taking this whelping in our strides. I must admit, we do not have any experience except loving our pets. It was a challenge - the whelping process.

Take care,

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Feb 26, 2005, 12:30 AM

Post #4 of 150 (3814 views)
Shortcut

Hi mandolin,

"Are you aware that poodles do not shed furs that easily?" the answer to that is that Yes I'm well aware of that myself as I used to owns poodle myself too.

Good to know Mimi is in good health. You must be a proud daddy of hers.

Yes, one of the reason why black poodle is uncommon here is due to the colouring. Not a lot of people like black dogs ...

Enjoy the challenge and hope all pups will be very healthy !

cheers,
minglmy

mandolin
Enthusiast

Feb 26, 2005, 1:11 AM

Post #5 of 150 (3802 views)
Shortcut

Hello Doggyman ,

TQ for the response :o)

What happened to your snuggling poodle?

Min Pinchers are great (you've a pair). We used to own one. His name was Ping Pong. He was stolen from us. We lost a Hairless Crested (Man was his name) the same way. We believe there are many opportunist in the world...Hahaha. Trying not to lose another.

About whelps, can you please spare me with some advice? I may need a tip or two to get through the day (after landing with more than half a dozen). Anyone out there in the wilderness?

Regards,

(This post was edited by mandolin on Feb 26, 2005, 1:34 AM)

ladee_m
Doggyman

Feb 26, 2005, 11:15 PM

Post #6 of 150 (3779 views)
Shortcut

Hi Smile

Welcome 2 u & ur wife & ur furkids & the entire litter of new arrivals ... hope all are in good health & happy... i m sure u & ur wife are over the moon with the precious gifts u recieved recently Wink... CONGRATS!!! wud like to see many many pics of ur beautiful pups... Are they all black like their parents too?...

I do not know a lot but have a lil experience on whelping coz my bf had a litter of GRs few years ago... do ask if u need any help & i'll see if I can provide any assistance... *u may wanna make sure the pups have enuff milk from mommy... as they grow bigger u may have to get extra for them & a good brand that we used is Milkadog... I believe its a good brand & many good breedeers uses it for their pups... good luck to u & do enjoy ur adventure raising the lil' darlings... Wink keep them warm Wink

CLICK ON =>Poodles' Friendly Gang ListSmile

I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult.

mandolin
Enthusiast

Feb 28, 2005, 12:31 AM

Post #7 of 150 (3763 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ladee_m] Poodles [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear ladee_m,

It is a pleasure to hear from you and thanks for the enormous advice and offer of assistance. We appreciate whatever info we can get. My wife and I are newbies when it comes to whelping but we are doing our best. The 7 furkids are doing well and Mimi has been breast feeding them. My wife suggests that we allow Mimi to look after the pups as best as she can whilst we attend to her needs like making sure Mimi has amble nourishment and care.

We hope to oblige you with some pictures of the litter later. Probably, you can tell me where to post them. We are rather new in this forum business. For one, I hardly participate in forum except to read the postings. I must admit that all those short forms and doggie terms have got me confused….hahaha. No matter, we have a lot to learn. Learning is an unending process, you will agree.

About the colours of the puppies, interestingly, the litter is not entirely black! There’s a WHITE pup amongst the group. My wife is as baffled as you initially but is happy it is not an all black community. The sire of this litter is Lucky. His dame is brown in colour. Anyway, we understand that along the doggie blood line, their ancestors possess various colours. There are….please excuse me….I have to make another head count of their colours…you’re the first person to ask me this. Here are the answers: White (1), Black (3), Brown (1) and Cocoa (2). FYI, the sex ratio is 1:6. Females predominate.

Thanks once again for recommending ‘Milkadog’. At least, we know what’s best for Mimi and the litter.

Our immediate concern is whether to dock the litter’s tail or not? I know, this is a controversial topic. Judging from the breed, I believe it’s necessary. My spouse is not for this move. She advocates that the litter should keep their natural ends. Puppies use their tails for expression, she read. Moreover, the anaesthetic that the vet adopts may have side effects on the few days old pups, she adds. We have another day or 2 to decide on this. We are aware of the other ‘cruel’ method of docking…..tying a rubber band around the tail. What’s your view, please?

My apology for replying late. Kind of busy with the furkids, you know. TQ for dropping by though you’re busy.

Best regards to you and to your furkids.

ladee_m
Doggyman

Feb 28, 2005, 8:15 AM

Post #8 of 150 (3755 views)
Shortcut

HI Smile

I found a wonderful site which have a very detailed guide as to what to do with new born pups... hope it may be of help... http://www.faqs.org/...dical-info/whelping/

If u can't get thru pls do let me know as I have saved the infomation & can email it to u... there is an entire section on day to day & week to week guide of what to expect & care tips... stumble across it really by accident but is very happy to have such info at hand especially to share... Wink

I agree with u that indeed learning is a life long process... being in the education line dealing with kids proves exactly that to me daily Wink...

Photos... if u notice, there is a photo gallery section at the top of puppy.com page... click on that & register urself... u can click here if u can't find it...

http://photogallery.pets2u.com.my/

uploading pics are easy & its free Cool... u can also use the yahoo photo service... sign up as a member & just upload... http://login.yahoo.com/...pg.photos.yahoo.com/

I can't wait to see the pictures of the pups... such a wonderful experience!!! though its hectic & seems like a war zone, I am sure u & ur wife will sit back & really cherish this precious time when they are all grown up!!! its like being parents urself...

Dock tail???... well from my understanding, if u take them to the vet, the vet will snip off the tail with a scissors & problably give it a stich or two... no anaesthetic given... usually its done when the pups are 3 days old... like u say many ppl dun practice this anymore as it seems cruel... I have seen poodles with long original tails... may seem weird but its just becoz we are not used to that... from another point of view, if u keep the tail, the poodle may grow up looking out of porpotion... like not balance... I have read that the tail are docked to give the dog a balance look as the grooming styles of poodles do too... undocked tails then to have straight ends or tip contrasing to the curly coat of a poodle... there may be other thoeries but this is what i have read... the decision is still up to u & ur wife in the end as to what is the best for the pups... I dun really care if poodles have long or short tails... as long as they are healthy & happy... Cool

If u dun mind me asking, what are ur plan for the pups???... are u keeping them all or u are giving up for adoption???

I wish u & ur wife a wonderful week ahead & that all the pups & their mom will be healthy & well Wink

mandolin
Enthusiast

Feb 28, 2005, 8:56 AM

Post #9 of 150 (3753 views)
Shortcut

Hello there,

You are up late and thanks for the reply. Having to teach tomorrow? I am not working....a retiree.

I found and bookmarked the website given by you. As the info is lengthy I shall read it later and take this moment to say thanks again. We are fortunate that you stumble upon this relevant site for us.

Thank you for showing us the way to upload pictures. We hope we can find the time and energy to do it. I was thinking of doing it the straight and forward way via this forum. We hope we can oblige you with pictures of the litter later. Shall keep you in touch, ok? Meanwhile, you can see a picture or two at this link: http://www.puppy.com.my/...i?post=207071#207071

Allow me to be honest with you. We won't be keeping the entire litter. It will be madness (our place is too confined) though we love pets. Possibly, my wife and I will keep one or two. We like the cream coat pup and one other (undecided at this point). They all look very cute and plumb.

Have a nice day ahead...

(This post was edited by mandolin on Feb 28, 2005, 9:00 AM)

mandolin
Enthusiast

Mar 1, 2005, 12:52 AM

Post #10 of 150 (3728 views)
Shortcut

Hi...Ultra ALPHA

Have a hectic day at work? Let's hope this forum will take away some of the stress and bring back the spark.

I read in the other captivating forum on 'Evolution' that it took you a lot of effort to gain your present status. Congrat!!! I was curious to know how u fellas attained those fanciful titles. A rose by any other name would smell as sweet, you'll agree webmaster Khoobg.

My aim for writing is to let you know that we found the link given by you very informative and helpful. TQ so much. Looking after Mimi and her puppies henceforth would be easier and less a burden. The furkids and their mommy are doing very well after their successful whelping. Mimi has her sponge bath yesterday.

After reading what you wrote about the vet snipping off the waggery tail (tail docking) w/o applying any painkiller on the animals makes me worry. I had to know if my pets will be subjected to unnecessary anguish by calling up a vet. Phew! I'm relieved that local anaesthetic will be used, if we go ahead.

Please surf to this internal link for a picture of the recent litter:
http://www.puppy.com.my/...i?post=207300#207300

Regards,

(This post was edited by mandolin on Mar 1, 2005, 1:07 AM)

ladee_m
Doggyman

Mar 1, 2005, 3:25 AM

Post #11 of 150 (3718 views)
Shortcut

Hi Smile

Monday is alwiz a good day as I get off work early... finishes at 12.30 & is usually back by 1.30 pm the latest... Cool

Status!!!... indeed is an honour however I dun think i deserve it as much as some out here who really provide good advices... I am here mostly to chat & get to know more ppl... Tongue

I am happy that the website is useful... saw the pic of ur puppies... they look gorgeous!!! I like brown poodles especially & the ones in ur litter are simply stunning !!!... I am sure they wud grow up to be real beauties !!! wud love to see them if there is a chance!!!

MiMi & Lucky are minuature poodle rite?... they really look very beautiful... Wink

mandolin
Enthusiast

Mar 1, 2005, 6:30 AM

Post #12 of 150 (3709 views)
Shortcut

Hi there!

I see you are enjoying your career and you luv Mondays!!!

Our puppies are Min Poodles unless someone says otherwise. The sire and the dam appear big cos I stood close when I snap their pictures. I luv taking photos of them and of other subjects. Trigger happy with the camera, you can put it. Hopefully, when the time is ripe, we can introduce you to see the pups. We do not mind sharing our joy with others. We are neighbours - PJ and Shah Alam. Meanwhile, will let Mimi and Lucky knows about your compliments. Thanks for those kind words. They will jump with joy. Convey our loving pats to your beauties RuYi & Ladee.

You are being modest. I consider you as helpful and friendly. You luv people. You deserve Ultra ALPHA status for spreading goodwill amongst members. I observe, after going through all the postings at "Evolution - Doggyman target", how much sweat you have put in < 2K of postings. WOW! For anybody who's interested to go after those fanciful titles, please browse to this link at www.puppy.com.my/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=114308#114308 to find out the various ranks and your effort needed. Good luck to the chasers. I am a novice and I'm here for the friendly people and some info.

Bye-bye!

(This post was edited by mandolin on Mar 1, 2005, 6:41 AM)

ladee_m
Doggyman

Mar 2, 2005, 8:13 AM

Post #13 of 150 (3679 views)
Shortcut

Hi Smile

Late nite again today... hehehe Sly there are alwiz too much to do or something popping up... I actually did reply ur post but got disconnected this afternood in skol... so I have to redo it now at home... Cool

Yup I do love what I do... I alwiz say its a blessing... Cool

I tot ur poodles were toy infact as they look smaller than most miniature I have seen... then i saw miniature on the picture u posted... the wonders of digicam... I am also crazy with snapping away... can't wait to visit ur pups... Laugh

Ranks & status Tongue honestly today is the first time I know how it works after reading the link u sent me... I alwiz tot i was about how long u have been in the forum... hehehe Laugh blurr me Blush

Do u mind giving ur email add so I can mail u on any other info I find about pups care... its also handy to send updates about the PFG updates... we sometimes organise getherings between ourselves... Wink

So have u decided on the tail business?... hehehe Laugh can't help being curious... Blush

mandolin
Enthusiast

Mar 3, 2005, 2:31 AM

Post #14 of 150 (3666 views)
Shortcut

Hello JL,

Please give our pats to Champ and Max. TQ.

So, are you in the teaching profession like dear Mary Anne? I have diligently browsed the various threads and notice that PFG is a well knitted family. I know that you are all organising a trip to PD. Nope, plz don't count me in yet. I am home bound.....hehehe. You know, busy with the mid-wifery work? I am trying my best to remember you all.......getting senile at my age. It takes some effort to put the pieces together. Anyway, I love to fix jigsaw puzzles in my younger days. Still do, there are a few unopened boxes in my possession after so many years.

I am glad to be of help. I have an instinct that this link will be of interest to 1st timers. I found it interesting and quite amusing. A good piece of work to award forum ppl for their loyalty.

Will I be branded for advertising my email addy? I dunno. Happy you're thinking of imparting more info to us. Hope you can contact me soon.

About the fishy tail business, curious are you? Will keep you in the know. It is either left or right, right?

FYI, I'll be posting more than enough pictures of the litter quite soon. Keep your eyes open for the link ! Photos. Taken with an old Olympus digital camera.

Nice talking to you and bye-bye for now.

Regards,

Chin

mandolin
Enthusiast

Mar 3, 2005, 2:52 AM

Post #15 of 150 (3664 views)
Shortcut

Hi Ms. Mary Anne.....and PFG List

TQ for pointing me to the right path. It's a breeze using Yahoo! Photos to show our furkids to friends.

We have gathered a BIG number of pictures for you and other PFG to admire Hope you all will be excited. It is fun looking after the young poodles.

Click on this link please to connect:

uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/renaloo.rm/album?.dir=/ace7&.src=ph&.tok=phD._mCB91Uj0MgM

Have lots and lots of fun.

ladee_m
Doggyman

Mar 3, 2005, 7:38 AM

Post #16 of 150 (3656 views)
Shortcut

Hi Smile

No problem... we are all here to share & we do care... Wink

You bet!... the pics are wonderful... i have been clicking away since 11pm... still going thru after 2 rounds... hahahaha Laugh

The order they are born is farny if u think of it in printing cycle... started as dark colours and as it progress to the last 2, its like MiMi was running out of ink so the colour became lighter hence the apricot & finally the cream... hahaha Laugh Tongue Sly

(This post was edited by ladee_m on Mar 3, 2005, 7:48 AM)

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Mar 4, 2005, 3:15 AM

Post #17 of 150 (3644 views)
Shortcut

Hi mandolin,

My poodle passed away long time ago and 1 got stolen before.

As for whelpings advise, i believe that you are doing find urself seeing the last post it was said that Mimi have given birth. Congrats ya !

cheers,
minglmy

mandolin
Enthusiast

Mar 4, 2005, 8:40 AM

Post #18 of 150 (3630 views)
Shortcut

Hellooooooooooooo Mary Anne,

What a tickle you gave to the readers, including me. Hahaha......

Ur speaking like a sleuth. Sherlock Holmes, the great detective, couldn't have done better. Such details. I fancy your kind of deduction. Interesting! Running out of ink and fading, you wrote. We've to keep this in mind for the next season. Can the fault be with Lucky the sire? No matter, the colour arrangement proves fantastic. We love having those furkids. Let's hope their coats are fade proof.

By the way, I added a few pictures of the pups ! Photos. Thought you might be interested to know. I even put in some relevant descriptions for each picture. Check them out and let me know how am I doing. Thanks for reviewing them. The pups send their regards to a great admirer.

It has been a week since the whelping. Pups and mommy are doing fine. Eyes of whelps remain closed, for those who might wanna know.

Take care,

mandolin
Enthusiast

Mar 4, 2005, 9:09 AM

Post #19 of 150 (3626 views)
Shortcut

Hi!

So sorry to hear about your poodles.

Thanks for staying in touch. I've been wondering when you would pop up again Appreciate having you around to liven things up. I notice your postings cropping up all over the places........to the benefits of forum members. I must admit that I enjoy reading some of them....lively banters in 'About this site: Comments & Suggestions: Evolution - Doggyman target'.

Yes, time flies when you are busy. Our poodles are growing by leaps and bounds. The furkids extend to you an invitation to view them ! Photos and say TQ to you.

Be seeing you around soon.

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Mar 4, 2005, 5:02 PM

Post #20 of 150 (3622 views)
Shortcut

Hi!

Its ok, it happened long time ago.... infact, the poodle was my 1st dog. He was an abandoned dog and I was only abt 4 -5 yrs old when he adopted us Smile I miss carrying and cuddling a poodle ...

Thanks for sharing the pics, I have seen it yesterday when I wrote the previous post reply Smile U are really lucky to have all 7 healthy puppies and of course the 4 different colour in 1 litter !

Do give ur furkids a hugs from me ya .... she did great !

cheers,
minglmy

mandolin
Enthusiast

Mar 4, 2005, 8:33 PM

Post #21 of 150 (3612 views)
Shortcut

Good day Ming Yang!

Is it Mdm. or Mr. please? We have not been properly introduced. My friend called me Chin and I live in Shah Alam, quiet and peaceful city. Great meeting you here.

Thanks for telling me the story of your life. You have been with pets a long time ago. Experience dog handler, I see. This is our 1st litter and we hope those critters will bring joy to everybody.

Cheers!

ladee_m
Doggyman

Mar 5, 2005, 1:19 AM

Post #22 of 150 (3598 views)
Shortcut

Hi Smile

Ahhh... details... well as I said, I am very captivated by ur lil' beautiful furpups... after flipping thru their pics like for the 10th time & u mentioning the sequence they came... the tought just popped up... hehehe Laugh glad it brought laughter to all Tongue

I'll be going home to study the new pics tonite... as the weekend is here... I may look atthe pics the entire 2 days... hahahah Laugh ...but Ladee gets jealous.. she sometimes jumped on my lap & see what i do infront of the pc... she can see the pictures that is on the screen & will bark at them... hahaha Laugh

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Mar 5, 2005, 6:19 AM

Post #23 of 150 (3588 views)
Shortcut

H Chin,

Smile formalities is not needed when friends is chatting with each another so just call me ming yang will do just fine. Shah Alam is a nice, serene place. I have always been in PJ and its my favourite place to stay in with all the good food that you can find around.

Yes, I have always have dogs in my life as for experience dog handler, i'm just learning like everyone else. There is always something new, something you dont know and something to learn from others.

Btw, how's the puppies now ? i hope you dont mind but i saved the pictures in my notebook as i love their colouring and looks sooooo cuddly, soft n warm Smile

cheers,
minglmy

mandolin
Enthusiast

Mar 6, 2005, 6:56 AM

Post #24 of 150 (3564 views)
Shortcut

Hello Mr. Ming Yang (ur online right now)......

TQ for the friendship. Hope we'll get along just well.

Was your last jungle trekking a success? Got many ppl to come along with you that Saturday morning? From your profile, I gather you're an adventurous gentleman who likes to meet ppl and drink coffee with them.

I agree that PJ is a gourmet paradise for food (your favourite) unlike SA and that we are never too old (like I told a fellow forum before) to learn. Who says you cannot teach an old dog new tricks, eh? (no offence meant). In fact, I like the way you express how we can learn. An eye opener, I might say.

The Magnificient Seven are doing OK. Thanks alot for asking. The 7 furkids really feel on the top of the world to be put on a pedestal (your notebook) b4 they open their eyes!!!!!! We are glad the furkids are getting such a rousing welcome from you all.

Take care,

mandolin
Enthusiast

Mar 6, 2005, 7:02 AM

Post #25 of 150 (3561 views)
Shortcut

Dear Mary Anne,

How many times did you flip thru' the pictures? Hahahaha....you're making Ladee jealous!!!!!

Please give Ladee a hug on our behalf for being such a sport.

Ta-ta.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my