Is Malaysia a Democartic Country?

ROCH
Novice

Feb 23, 2005, 7:39 PM

Post #1 of 20 (2696 views)
Shortcut
Is Malaysia a Democartic Country? Can't Post

Hey guys...

I have came acroos a news yesterday from Nanyang Siang Poh as regard a Doggie was die under a very ridicuous circumstances.

In the news, a police requested for the Doggie License from the owner from JB and although the owner is ready to show the license, but, what the police did was he shot the doggie and also, drag him him out of the house to wack him till die. What a horrible news and according to the report, owner of the "SAD DOGGIE" is ready to put the case in court.

well, that's a pretty sad and I am really curious what sort of the country that we are living. It sucks............and is malaysia still consider a democratic country? Well, for all dog lovers....i think we should re-consider about this issue again and again....

That is really dissapointing!!MadMadMad

osmpam
Novice

Feb 23, 2005, 8:31 PM

Post #2 of 20 (2690 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ROCH] Is Malaysia a Democartic Country? [In reply to] Can't Post

Malaysia is democratic.. of course.. but there are always these black sheeps in a flock of whites. Those authorties must have got something stuck in their brain that day (or all these while) that got them into the stupid, unscrupulous, worse-than-the-beast, crazy, unforgivable, condeming, shame-to-human-race action.

FOR THE SOCIETY SAKE, KONON!

a BIG LOUD BOO to them! BOOOOOOOOOO!! !! ! ! ! ! ! ! Mad
~The heart of a man speaks thru his treatment unto animals.~

nicky_spykeaz
Doggyman

Feb 25, 2005, 4:54 AM

Post #3 of 20 (2670 views)
Shortcut

Malaysia for one sure is a democratic country but when come to humane and animal love we are still far away, malaysia is like a baby in this issue. We are growing to understand.
I was lucky that i was able experience in both western and eastern country on how they treat animal in the public and society they living in. I hope you dont get bored with my long reply.
In Malaysia, because we live with many religion and races. This will reflect one and other on the view of animals. Every religion have they own belief and respect in the religion. What i want to said that i think malaysia is sometime too SUPERTITIOUS. we are living in a modern world. But i believe in religion teaching but i dont believe it blindly. I believe what is right and wrong not what my religion ask me to believe
In western country, the mojarity human population is white, and i believe that western country is less supertitous compare to us, so they have no religion or race again animal esp dog in their society. The only problem they have with an animal is just the individual not the religion. Due to the fact that, in western country, the animal protest is one serious issue, so the government is looking strongly and careful about the issue esp involve animals. So in their society, even enforcement must be fully train and the equipment they use must lower down the stress of the animal when capture, even a dirty stray dog. If they dont, they might face charges that worst than killing a human. Enforcement will not put a dog to sleep even though it has bitten and aggressive problem until there is no solution to it, then putting to sleep is the final option.
But as for malaysia, as we know, we have alot of races so we must respect one and other in order to live in peace. BUt malaysia is still a development country, so the issue of animal might not be so look up too but they is care. So let said we are still in learning stage. We must realise that we are not god, we can save all the problem.
When there is a problem then we have a solution and this is how we can improve our life to turn a better one. What you witness that time must be a horror but at least now we know that this kind of things happen and thank you for your awareness. It bring us the awareness too.
The cruelty in this world that i understand from is someone have to experience the worst so that others can lead a better life. We hope that this kind of tragic only happen once and we hope that the government can be more aware on the animal right in the world. Thank you for spending you time reading.

Cheers ya,

Nicki the Devil live by the reputation of the name

boBby is a craz3 car PassaNger
Fat FaT other case Elegant Car GuEst
What make Me?
A LoYal huMan Driver.... Frown

NoBody is Prefect, Guess What i am Nobody
Nice to meet YOu

(Bobby+Nicky craze JT memBer)

BoBby San DogstEr
http://www.dogster.com/?158414

http://spykeaz-devil.blogspot.com/

ROCH
Novice

Feb 25, 2005, 5:29 PM

Post #4 of 20 (2665 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nicky_spykeaz] Is Malaysia a Democartic Country? [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the replied, and I am totally understand the viewpoint that you guys stated and it will be highliy appreciated, but still, I am strongly feel that this kind of "SUCKS" attitude is "MEMALUKAN" not merely to Malaysia, as well as to Malaysian.

Let's ignore the races, and religion here, I would said it's more towards personal value and let said, if the news in the paper is correct, subsequently, I must group them as a "Malaysian Babarian"

Goosh.....what a painful experience....anyway, I would like to take this chance to apologise for my harsh words.Frown

nozzy
K9 Kaki

Feb 25, 2005, 5:36 PM

Post #5 of 20 (2663 views)
Shortcut

Hi ROCH,

Well it was ok to xpress yer anger here hey no sweat!

Hmm.. we do not know the real thing tat has taken place on tat day! Well you know tat reporter likes to exaggerate and maybe when the owner was so upset they reported a "spice up" report to the authorities. Correct me if i am wrong ok? I was too..shocked to learn about this news.

nozzy

" Pantai + Chilli = Havoc"

nicky_spykeaz
Doggyman

Feb 26, 2005, 1:35 AM

Post #6 of 20 (2651 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nozzy & roch] Is Malaysia a Democartic Country? [In reply to] Can't Post

Ya..that true..
I think if there is a way we can listen from both side of the story, the owner and the enforcement officer..something smell fishy here...MadFrownFrown

Cheers ya,

What make Me?

Nice to meet YOu

BoBby San DogstEr

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 5, 2005, 8:41 PM

Post #7 of 20 (2584 views)
Shortcut

ROCH & others~

Im glad u guys her are concern abt this issue. www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/Tuesday/National/NST32250748.txt/Article/indexb_html

Family to sue council over killing of pet dog

SIMPANG RENGGAM, Feb 21:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The family whose pet dog was dragged out of their home to be shot and
bludgeoned to death last Thursday will be suing the Simpang Rengam
District Council.
Roland Ngoi said his family had engaged lawyer Gobind Singh Deo.

Ngoi is alleging that council enforcement officers dragged their dog,
"Siau Mau", out of the house in Kampung Baru Layang Layang before
shooting it in front of family members.

He said what's worse was when the pet did not immediately die, the
officers bludgeoned it, despite the pleas of his elderly mother and
teenaged daughter.

Gobind, who is also Johor DAP deputy chairman, said it was a criminal
offence for anyone to kill or maim animals under Sections 428 and 429
of the Malaysian Penal Code.

"Those found guilty under these sections can be jailed for between two
and five years and fined," he said.

Meanwhile, pet lovers and members of the community today called the
New Straits Times to express their outrage at the way the pet had been
killed.

Ngoi family members with Siau Mau before the dog was killed

Society for the Prevention of Cruelty of Animals (SPCA) Johor chairman
John Thomas said he was saddened but not surprised to read of the
killing of the pet dog.

"This is not the first time that SPCA (Johor) has heard of such action
by enforcement units of district councils," he said.

However, he said most affected pet owners did not make police reports.

Thomas said the SPCA was appalled at the high-handed action of the
council and would pursue the matter through various channels to
protect the rights of individuals and animals.

"That was a barbaric act and no civilised country should ever tolerate
such an action," he said.

Council president Abdul Latiff Yusof said his enforcement team denied
the family's allegations.

Abdul Latiff denies the claims by the family.

He said an internal probe by his office showed that 10 dogs were
killed that day, and the dog in question was near the Layang Layang
wet market.

He claimed that the council dog shooters had ensured that it did not
have a dog licence around its neck before it was killed.
----------------------------------------------------------------------- well of corse we cant just listen stories from 1 side as it will actually mislead us, but what we are concern is y the dog is killed immediately?! the owners are there to respond to what the council personals wants. 1 of the member of SPRV called the owner, according to the owner the story is like tht:" tht day suddenly a group of indians rush in to their house, tht time the dog is leashed, the indians gang ran inside & unleash the dog, pulling the dog away as if trying to kidnap & keep shouting, angpao angpao! then the old lady told them, my dog got license 1! wait i go up & take for u all! of corse if the dog got license the indians cant get any "ANGPAO", so they get fethup. their neighbour saw this scene. the dog have the license. the so called "authority" doesnt have the right to enter any premise without a paper notice in black & white. moreover killed the dog & bit the dog. this is disgusting. this is cruel. all of us must continue chat here but the better action is right to the news! more sounds are better! according to the owner, this dog will actually accompany her daughter go out & wait for bus every schoolind day, after the daughter went on the bus, she will come back. a clever dog like tht? wasted... Animal do have their right to survive, they have feelings too. Chen Yang

Regards,

Yang

nicky_spykeaz
Doggyman

Mar 11, 2005, 11:20 PM

Post #8 of 20 (2527 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leecy] Is Malaysia a Democartic Country? [In reply to] Can't Post

Ya this is a very sad and sensitive issue...
I realise in malaysia the cas"angpau" is getting worst to a stage that i cant even explain it...why malaysia our very own law enforcement is breaking the rule!!! the what is the meaning of laws then...to keep it look nice or simply to show other country that we are "civilisation and democracy" country..sorry to be rude..
Everyone should be given the second chance so why not the dog..because the owner didnt give the law enforcement his so called 'angpau"
I think ppl esp those who called themselves animal lover should stand up and make sure that law that set up to protect the weak one should be practise and justified properly...punishment should be more than what it was post...
thank you for this thread cuz it open alot and other idea on the world we living in.......

Cheers ya,

What make Me?

Nice to meet YOu

BoBby San DogstEr

cvlew
Novice

Mar 19, 2005, 3:07 AM

Post #9 of 20 (2476 views)
Shortcut

Let cross over finger and hope the owner of the dog can win the court case against the local authority.

At least in future if a similiar cases happen again,we can bring the local authorities to court

can't our Yang Berhormat who represent Chinese community say a word about this?

I'm really feel disappointed.....

praetor
Novice

Mar 21, 2005, 5:33 AM

Post #10 of 20 (2447 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cvlew] Is Malaysia a Democartic Country? [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah, it is really cruel for the officer to threat the dog in such a manner. Anyway, i was juz browsing the SPCA website n i saw this related news reported (www.spca.org.my). I hope the officer would be punished for his act.

(This post was edited by praetor on Mar 21, 2005, 5:37 AM)

thomstan
Canine Addict

Apr 6, 2005, 10:24 PM

Post #11 of 20 (2411 views)
Shortcut
Re: [all] Is Malaysia a Democartic Country? [In reply to] Can't Post

well.. after the boy (not just a normal boy... THEIR TYPE OF BOY) that was mauled by a dog.. their small brains began to think about some 'wonderful' ideas... which is to THEIR interest...

what about the recent monkey attacks on OUR kind of people? are they gonna go around a ban monkeys now? the answer: of coz not... becoz.. that is not their interest

now the question is thrown back to you and is being asked again...

IS MALAYSIA A DEMOCRATIC COUNTRY?

or maybe it's just democratic in many people's eyes where as what's happening inside is the other way round?

The one you love is the one that should take you higher

(This post was edited by thomstan on Apr 6, 2005, 10:27 PM)

nicky_spykeaz
Doggyman

Apr 7, 2005, 7:24 PM

Post #12 of 20 (2388 views)
Shortcut
Re: [all] Is Malaysia a Democartic Country? [In reply to] Can't Post

this might sound rude to certain ppl but depend how you look at it ya..so dont be sensitive wor...
WE MALAYSIAN HAVE VERY VERY EXTREME SHALLOW THINKING

Cheers ya,

What make Me?

Nice to meet YOu

BoBby San DogstEr

khoo262
Enthusiast

Apr 30, 2005, 6:44 PM

Post #13 of 20 (2310 views)
Shortcut
Re: [thomstan] Is Malaysia a Democartic Country? [In reply to] Can't Post

if they ban dogs...we'll rear pigs as pets.........
finally..... khoo262 has come back to puppy.com

khoo262
Enthusiast

Apr 30, 2005, 6:58 PM

Post #14 of 20 (2309 views)
Shortcut

I'm very sad you mention that Malaysia is not a democratic country. Just think, we can buy anything with money...

1] if you cannot drive, you just pay some money to 'Their People' and wallaaah....got new license (also known as Kopi lesen)

2] Best still if you are a lorry driver, pay RM600 and new license and you can rammed any cars you don't like.

3] Go to immigration, pay some money..wallllaaaa new passport

4] Go to IC dept, pay some money...waallllaaa new ic (and you don't have to be born in Malaysia) I known of Indonesians who 'owns' 2 IC, 1 driving license and 1 Malaysian passport.

5] Police....let's not go into that 'well known secret' Their trademark quote is 'macam mana sekarang, lu mau susah ke senang? lu mau kawan ke lawan?'

6] DBKL - as long as you pay, you can put chairs & tables on streets, , car top, under the lorry,etc.

7] You wanna renovate your house and want the plans to be approve faster, give some 'dough', you can renovate from 1 storey to condo.

8] Pay some money to local authorities, you can set up gambling centre (horse racing, jackpot,etc), Massage house (with extra service),etc. Everybody know they are there...they don't get raid....hemmmmm...

Our PM mention our local authorities is clean, maybe they are supplying dettol soap to them....

Please don't mention we are not democratic.....obviously we are.....

thomstan
Canine Addict

May 16, 2005, 10:45 PM

Post #15 of 20 (2260 views)
Shortcut
Re: [khoo262] Is Malaysia a Democartic Country? [In reply to] Can't Post

ah.. now you see.. if and only if you got them dough.. then you got a democratic 'life'.. i repeat.. it's not country but life..

but if you can't sustain that democratic life.. "they'll" convert you to communism.. :P

The one you love is the one that should take you higher

khoo262
Enthusiast

May 17, 2005, 12:13 AM

Post #16 of 20 (2253 views)
Shortcut

It's true. It's true!

nicky_spykeaz
Doggyman

May 27, 2005, 12:29 AM

Post #17 of 20 (2138 views)
Shortcut

Actually malaysia is a nice place to stay only in certain laws it kill you sometime...but hey..where got world so perfect..if got i sure i am the first one to know...

Cheers ya,

What make Me?

Nice to meet YOu

BoBby San DogstEr

ROCH
Novice

Jun 6, 2005, 6:32 PM

Post #18 of 20 (2112 views)
Shortcut

Well, MALAYSIA .... MALAYSIA ... A nice place to stay. I am totally agree but ... with some idiots ... HOW SAD ...

khoo262
Enthusiast

Jun 11, 2005, 8:42 PM

Post #19 of 20 (2074 views)
Shortcut

in some parts of the world, the system we are practising (the favouring of one race over another) is call apartheid. Even South Africa that use to practice this system has outlaw it.

PSY
K9 Kaki

Jun 12, 2005, 4:13 AM

Post #20 of 20 (2073 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

Love your definition. Whatever you say, every country in the world is the same, always favouring one race. I have lived in England, Auatralia and in Germany all favour one race. It is not so much how you feel is how you play the game not to feel this way. So please look at the big picture.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my