Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Before Getting a Dog:
Help Needed In Getting a English Cocker Spaniel Soon

bendi
Novice

Feb 22, 2005, 9:55 AM

Post #1 of 2 (928 views)
Shortcut
Help Needed In Getting a English Cocker Spaniel Soon Can't Post

I'm currently staying in Georgetown, Penang. The thing is I'm planning to get a English Cocker Spaniel very soon as there's stock.

The problem i'm facing is all the dead puppys which i had read from this forum which make me reay worried where a dog life and money is involve. From this forum I had learn that even my puppies bought from pet shop prone to die from infection.

For quite some time i had been visiting this pet shop by the name Jelutong Pet Paradise which recently i found a few english cocker there. The question is, is that pet shop save? Had anyone bought any puppies from them? Have anyone know where do they get the puppies from?

I was so scat now to get to know that there are so many cases of dead puppies from pet shop. What i know nnow is before buying any puppies:

1. Make sure you request the vaccination cert and record and make sure the vaccination record is certified and the types of vaccination given.

2. Make sure the puppy is in good condition, healty, and active.

One thing i found out from reading all those article in this forum is that most of the puppy owner is that they didn't had their puppy for the Blood Test to check their health condition. So is it save is after i bought the puppy i directly bring the puppy for a blood test?

Another thing is if the puppy really had his vaccination the puppy won't have any problem such as dying rite?

I know most of the advice given in forum is that don't buy puppy from pet shop but from breeder but very hard to find a english cocker spaniel breeder in Penang though.

Finally i hope you people out there can tell me which pet shop/vet clinic is good(ideal) or bad in so that all our frens here can be aware of.

So i hope you all can tell me is Jelutong Pet Paradise is one of the black listed shop. I also do hope you all can get me a breeder of english cocker spaniel in Penang if possible.

Ps. How long and how much does it cost to perform a blood test ? and which clinic is recommended?

Thankz n i really hope to get reply and help as soon as possible.

Toy
K9 Maniac

May 28, 2005, 8:45 PM

Post #2 of 2 (858 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bendi] Help Needed In Getting a English Cocker Spaniel Soon [In reply to] Can't Post

hello,

so have u bought any dog? well even if a dog's vaccin is certified, it is preferable but not necessaryily safe. as there are many type of vaccinations, 4 in 1, 5 in 1, 6 in 1, 7 in 1 etc. so if the breeder just give 4 in 1, even it is certified, it will still prompt to get other diseases.

wat i suggest is find a breeder which ppl give good testimonials, so even something happen to your dog, the breeder will still give you good respond. not every petshop are bad, as their dogs are from different places. surely they might get some which is not in the best condition.

u might want to post your contact so that ppl can recommend you a good breeder. personally i know a good 1 from penang.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my