Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog Friendly Places:
moving to KL w/dog -- best areas to live?

daro
New User

Feb 17, 2005, 6:01 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1378 views)
Shortcut
moving to KL w/dog -- best areas to live? Can't Post

We'll be moving in a few months to KL ...will rent a house with yard for our mutt (quiet, shy, sweet lab/rott mix). Have looked at old messages but can't quite figure out best parts of KL to live with a dog. We like to walk her twice a day --- 6am and in the evening, best is if early morning is park-type environment (we'll drive if we have to) and evening is around neighborhood. We'd like to live central to city but if it's not gonna work for the pooch then would consider suburbs...I'm kinda discouraged that it seems all parks are "no dogs allowed" (what is MPSJ? are ALL nature reserves in ALL of Malaysia closed to dogs?). This board seems like a great resource, look forward to joining an outing, in the meantime would appreciate any advice from you folks as to most dog-appropriate areas.

I guess I should also ask if it's hard to find landlords willing to rent to folks with pets...

annjou
K9 Maniac

Feb 17, 2005, 7:26 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1367 views)
Shortcut
Re: [daro] moving to KL w/dog -- best areas to live? [In reply to] Can't Post

hidiho daro ....tink the landlord prob, shodnt b a prob...since u only got 1 dog...juz find a chinese landlord...indian also can...but definately not malays ...hehe

hhmm...city centre is kinda hard...but mayb u can try somewhere along Old Klang Road (exp. Happy Garden, OUG, Taman Desa, Puchong, Sri Petaling, Salak South, Kuchai Lama....)...tese r few places wif majority chinese ...i live in HG, ...every morning & evening also can c alot ppl walks teir dogs....parks here also allowed dogs (as long as u dont disturb tos auntie in exercising progress, hehehe )...juz make sure u pick-up after ur dogs....sometime i even let free my dogs in the park...

rental here around RM700-800 (single storey)...tink can still neg. ...very wide pouch...not sure about 2x storey tho...

good luck.

chnyuppie
Dog Kichi

Feb 17, 2005, 9:51 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1343 views)
Shortcut
Re: [daro] moving to KL w/dog -- best areas to live? [In reply to] Can't Post

If you are renting an entire landed-house (as opposed to just a room or a flat), then I think shouldn't be a problem. Just make sure your tenancy agmt has no prohibition against yours keeping a pet. Be warned that under by-laws, dogs are not allowed in highrise apartments/flats.

As for good areas, a good bet would be those populated by non-Malays or expats. Such areas would include Bangsar, Desa Sri Hartamas, Mont Kiara, Damansara Heights and Taman Tun. They are not in the city centre (residential areas there are either too expensive or scarce or are high rise buildings) but are considered close. You will need a car to get around. I think Taman Tun has a park/nature area. WHile Desa Sri Hartamas/Mont Kiara did have one, am not sure if it has made way for further development. Also not sure if dogs are not allowed in those areas. But generally, it is acceptable to walk your dog on a leash along the roads or in a residential area.

MPSJ is the municipal council of Subang Jaya - something like the cityhall, but of a suburb.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my