Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog Grooming:
bathing issues

weiz
Novice

Feb 11, 2005, 6:47 PM

Post #1 of 9 (2271 views)
Shortcut
bathing issues Can't Post

hi:P i am having a 9 weeks old puppy and have been bathing it twice a week...

someone told me that this was quite frequent and asked me to bath it only one a week???

can anyone gimme advise on how frequent i should bath my furkid?

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 11, 2005, 9:44 PM

Post #2 of 9 (2262 views)
Shortcut
Re: [weiz] bathing issues [In reply to] Can't Post

Best to do it once a week. u can aways wipe them clean if needed..dogs are not like human, they don't sweat like us... so try to avoid bathing twice a week. Wink

icezcream
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 12, 2005, 3:10 AM

Post #3 of 9 (2249 views)
Shortcut

hi there,

jaz is right. avoid bathing twice a week. moreover, yours is still a pup. if you're keeping your pup indoor, bathing sessions can be as long as once every 2-3 weeks with regularly wiping with wet towel..
Wink

-= There are no bad breeds, just bad breeding=-

Got Dalmatian??Click Here..
Got Mixed Breed??Click here...

ladee_m
Doggyman

Feb 20, 2005, 11:25 PM

Post #4 of 9 (2165 views)
Shortcut

Hi Smile

Same advice here... 9 weeks is like just over 2 months... best keep the baths to once a week... pups dun smell bad & like what the other members adviced, u can alwiz wipe with wet towel... over bathing may cause ur furkid to loose its coat shine too Unsure... so go easy on th bath... Wink

CLICK ON =>Poodles' Friendly Gang ListSmile

I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult.

AndrewWong
Novice

Feb 28, 2005, 9:39 PM

Post #5 of 9 (2070 views)
Shortcut

I agree with all of them...Frequent bath will caused the fur or the hair to loss it shines. The skin actually produce oils that is important to the coat and skin.

Generally, for a long coated dog, the frequency of bath will be 1 week once and those short coat dog will need a bath maybe 2 or 3 weeks once.

Cleaning it with a dam cloth and brushing it everyday is good to maintain the cleanliness of the dogs. It will wipe off the dead hair and at the same time keeps the coat shines....

Cheers,
Andrew

entrapnet
Novice

Mar 4, 2005, 9:53 PM

Post #6 of 9 (2032 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AndrewWong] bathing issues [In reply to] Can't Post

Shocked but should it be warm or wet tower? how about the face? it always got stains on its face. My dog is Male Shih Tzu ... 3 month old...
Entrapnet
[Benji's owner]

AndrewWong
Novice

Mar 4, 2005, 9:58 PM

Post #7 of 9 (2028 views)
Shortcut
Re: [entrapnet] bathing issues [In reply to] Can't Post

Well it is not necessary to have a hot or warm towel. Just a normal tap water will do also...It's all up to you...
And Yes, of course you will want to clean the face too...

Andrew

entrapnet
Novice

Mar 5, 2005, 6:45 PM

Post #8 of 9 (2016 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AndrewWong] bathing issues [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Well it is not necessary to have a hot or warm towel. Just a normal tap water will do also...It's all up to you...
And Yes, of course you will want to clean the face too...

Andrew

I try to wash it away with wet cloth.... (old cloth from my old clothing). I try to rub off all the yucky stain but it failed.

Regardless it is located on its feet or face...

I tried using running water on its feet and make it dry using cloth... then it work....

i didn't dare to use the same method on its face....

HELP!
Entrapnet
[Benji's owner]

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 5, 2005, 8:59 PM

Post #9 of 9 (2014 views)
Shortcut

talking abt bath, maybe u all should ask nitoto ooi how he bath for 40 animals? sometimes in order to bath all the dogs, she takes 6 hours! dono this is great or pitiful ler... so many experts in bathing a dog here, can come over to our home at SS19 to bath the dogs & cats? as u can see if everyday we bath a dog, we need more than 1 month to repeat the bath..

Regards,

Yang

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my