Home: Dog and Puppy Training: House Breaking:
my pug cant stop going in the house!!

sophia81481
New User

Feb 9, 2005, 1:22 PM

Post #1 of 5 (1526 views)
Shortcut
my pug cant stop going in the house!! Can't Post

I have a 3 year old Pug. I love him to death but he is still peeing in the house. He is not neutered, so I am not sure if he is doing it because he is marking his territory or to be spiteful (which most pugs are!!) I have an appt to get him neutered and I am contemplating buying him a kennell and leaving him in there while I am at work and school, but I am scared to because he has had the run of the house for 3 years!

Please HELP! Frown

comet
Dog Kichi

Feb 21, 2005, 9:04 PM

Post #2 of 5 (1441 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sophia81481] my pug cant stop going in the house!! [In reply to] Can't Post

maybe he can smell his pee.. does he pee on the same spot? try trying to get rid of the pee smell. using vinegar or something. catch him in the act n yell at him to stop him then bring him outside where you want him to pee. best is use newspaper to soak up his pee n place it outside to a spot u want him to do it. then let him sniff n do it there. after a while I'm sure he'd be ok. takes a lil patience n some mishaps :) hope it works... i use that way for my dog.

i recently moved to a new house n haik he pee in the hse. was so mad at him i yelled n stuck his nose into the pee. he stopped peeing right away.. he knows oops.. not the place to pee.

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 6, 2005, 8:03 AM

Post #3 of 5 (1338 views)
Shortcut
Re: [comet] my pug cant stop going in the house!! [In reply to] Can't Post

inside my house there are cats, outside there are dogs... but everytime when i open the door, the cats want to run out but the dogs want to run inPirate any way to solve ar?

Chen Yang

Regards,

Yang

comet
Dog Kichi

Mar 10, 2005, 6:41 PM

Post #4 of 5 (1308 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leecy] my pug cant stop going in the house!! [In reply to] Can't Post

my dog used to rush in and out of the house b4 i can get in or out.. i got this advice from one of my friend and i tired and it works. there's only 1 method.. slam the door into the dog ... of course don't slam into the face or use until so much energy until it causes injury.. do it to your disgretion. after 2-3 times they will know ok door can close when i run thru... they will slow down or even stop until you command them to go in / out. Try it on your doggy.. it shold work. mine sticks his face into my fridge everytime i open so i will do the slam door thing n now he stays a lil far back ahahha!

lapdog
Novice

Aug 17, 2005, 3:18 AM

Post #5 of 5 (1004 views)
Shortcut
Re: [comet] my pug cant stop going in the house!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Keep him out the the room where he marks. Try a belly band. Leave him in a crate when you are not home.

About the door thing, first make sure he can sit and stay well. Practice until he is very good at it.

Next, have him sit by the door and open it just a little crack and close it right away. If he gets up, put him back in a sit and praise him a lot. Keep doing that until he stays. When he gets good at that, do the same thing, but open the door a little more. Keep doing the same thing until you can open the door all the way, and he stays in his sit position. Dont try to do it all in one day. Dont open the door wider, until he is perfect at sitting and not getting up. It might take a week or so, opening the door a little wider,each day. Praise like crazy when he does it right.

Dont slam the door on your pug, you could kill him.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my