First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Cloe
Novice

May 10, 2005, 5:25 AM

Post #26 of 40 (1525 views)
Shortcut
Re: [aliciakok] Can JRT be trained to live in a condo? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Just to share my experience.... I have been keeping and breeding Jacks for a few years now and all this while they were kept in an apartment. I currently have 6 living under the same roof with me now.

And true to what has been brought up, you need to spend a lot of time exercising them and giving them the attention that they need if you do not want to come back to a badly reconstructed house. Sly Hard work, yes. But it is not impossible. Smile

Cheers for now!

aliciakok
Novice

May 10, 2005, 5:18 PM

Post #27 of 40 (1518 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Cloe] Can JRT be trained to live in a condo? [In reply to] Can't Post

I am still trying to get over the fact that you have SIX JRT!! You're the Queen JRT Master!! Please share your experiences!

aliciakok
Novice

May 10, 2005, 5:19 PM

Post #28 of 40 (1516 views)
Shortcut

Oh yes....do you have any puppies due in Aug or Sept?

Cloe
Novice

May 10, 2005, 5:45 PM

Post #29 of 40 (1515 views)
Shortcut

Hi Alicia,

It's not that shocking and tough as long as you don't acquire all six at once. Just like most people here, I started with one first of course. It was only until she was close to one year old, fully house-broken and had totally adapted to my lifestyle that I got another puppy. And before I have the 3rd one and so forth, I'd ensure that the two at home had already adapted well to each other and to my home. now it also helps to have an alpha dog or bitch at home to help keep all the dogs in check. My first JRT is still the top dog till this day, partly because I also help to reinforce her status by always giving her priority over the rest and allowing her to sleep on the bed with me.

When I'm home, the dogs get to run freely in the house. But when I'm out or at work, 3 will be in one empty room just for them and the other 3 will get to stay in the living room. All other bedrooms, including the kitchen are out of bounds to them when no one's home.

Morning walks consists of 3 rounds for me. I'd walk 2 dogs at one time lasting about half an hour. So for all 6 of them, I'll have to spend 1½ hours...... hard work but it's a chosen path. :-)

Cloe
Novice

May 10, 2005, 7:13 PM

Post #30 of 40 (1513 views)
Shortcut

Hi Alicia,

I've no litters due until probably end of the year out of my alpha bitch and a young dog. I could send you their pictures if you can just send me a blank email to my email address. :-)

I've sent a puppy to Malaysia who's a daughter of my alpha bitch. Her name is WindCharm Wildflower. She was shown in the last MKA show in KL in March with some fantastic results. Would you have seen her by any chance?

Cheers for now!

aliciakok
Novice

May 11, 2005, 8:11 PM

Post #31 of 40 (1499 views)
Shortcut

I'm STILL very impressed with your six! I have met some owners of JRTs on the Paws for a Cause...there were mixed views on whether a JRT can be kept in a condo.

I really have to meet with you, and hope we can arrange it. I don't mind walking your dogs too for practice Wink Wink

I don't mind waiting till end of the year....I'll take the chance of a good genetic JRT breed.

groovemaster
Enthusiast

May 12, 2005, 2:00 AM

Post #32 of 40 (1493 views)
Shortcut

Yup, remember seeing ur JRT at d recent MKA show n Windcharm won Best of Breed (Terrier), if I recall. Great stuff! I didnt stay till d end so how did she fare in the final showdown?

Feeling groovy? ... den take a peek at 'GroovyDogsJustWannaHvFun'

Cloe
Novice

May 12, 2005, 2:34 AM

Post #33 of 40 (1492 views)
Shortcut
Re: [groovemaster] Can JRT be trained to live in a condo? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Groovemaster,

I remember seeing someone with a slightly taller JRT among the audience on the first day of that MKA show. were you the one?

I was there to help handle only on the first day. Results for that day is as follows:

FCI Show
- Best Puppy In Group
(Puppy in the FCI show is not eligible for CC and Best of Breed awards)

MKA Show
- CC Bitch
- Best of Breed
- Best Puppy In Group
- Reserve Best Open In Group
- Reserve Best Puppy In Show

cheers!

(This post was edited by Cloe on May 12, 2005, 2:45 AM)

groovemaster
Enthusiast

May 12, 2005, 9:04 PM

Post #34 of 40 (1468 views)
Shortcut

Cloe...yup, u probably met my gf with Groovy, an active, long legged JRT…more of a ParsonRT. Groovy’s uncertified, so cant take part in shows. Again, great effort by WindCharm 2 garner all those ribbons.

Alicia...nice 2 hv met up with u n ur mum as well on d Paws day. U n ur mum seem energetic enof 2 b able 2 keep up with a 4 legged rascal. Dont b fooled by Groovy's attentive n best behavior during d short moment u saw him. It's bcoz he hs just finished doing some tricks demo n awaiting his reward...his fav ball.

Groovy (JRT), 'Makan bola, minum bola, tidur bola...mimpi pun bola.'

aliciakok
Novice

May 13, 2005, 7:35 PM

Post #35 of 40 (1459 views)
Shortcut
Re: [groovemaster] Can JRT be trained to live in a condo? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hiya grovemaster,

Groovy is still a darling. He was very intentive and have high respect for you. Met another guy with a JRT, but the dog and was all over the place and can't stay still. Like you said, JRT can outsmart his master and this seems to be the case.

Yah! My mum really loves solid and active dogs like JRT and she likes Groovy. We like smooth a JRT....but also the hair a little broken would be nice. Groovy seems to have the two! She said you have the nicest dog there....only one flaw thing she likes shorter JRT. Heehee!

groovemaster
Enthusiast

May 13, 2005, 9:00 PM

Post #36 of 40 (1451 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Met another guy with a JRT, but the dog and was all over the place and can't stay still.

BlushOh err…dat sounds very much like Groovy without his ball. Guess he fooled u guys in2 thinking dat he is attentive 2 his boss but like most JRTs, he can b all over d place n all over us as well. 1 of d JRT’s traits is: cant stand, sit or stay still 4 long. Busybody is an apt description. Fortunately (or unfortunately) u didnt catch him in a wrestling match with another JRT a little later dat day, otherwise u may wish 2 reserve ur kindest comments on him. Still, he’ll take any compliments dat comes his way, ha ha.Angelic

Yah there’s d smooth, rough n wire coated JRTs n Groovy’s somewhere in between…ruff. D short legged ones look really adorable n fun dont dey. Again, dont b fooled by d shorter legs, coz dey’ll easily keep up or out wrestle d longer leg 1s…havent seen many long legged JRTs tho. If ur mum is in2 solid, active dogs, den look no further…but remember dese r really solid n really active dogs.

Groovy, ‘I wrestle n den run around in circles…dont ask me why.’

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 5, 2005, 6:31 AM

Post #37 of 40 (1425 views)
Shortcut

Frown...

Hi there!!

Looks like you're all set for a JRT in your life! Anyway, hope you can join our little thread... Kekeke...

Snoopy's a short lil' smooth-coated JRT who looks adorable but she's a miniature tornado trapped in a small body. Sly

Anyway, good luck with getting your lil' JRT! I'm dreaming about getting a lil' JRT friend for Snoopy... Wink..

One thing to warn is, once you get a JRT, you'll always want a JRT... Smile At least, that is the way it goes in my family.

Join the JRT Zone

Beloved, let us love one another, because love is of God; everyone who loves is begotten by God and knows God. - 1 John 4:7 (Oofy's motto)

Cloe
Novice

Jun 17, 2005, 3:50 AM

Post #38 of 40 (1404 views)
Shortcut

Hi Alicia,

I do not seem to be able to locate your email address and so I am not able to send you any pictures of my JRTs. Thus I will include here the URL to all my dogs' pictures. Hope you like and enjoy the pictures!

Cheers!

(This post was edited by Admin on Jun 17, 2005, 4:14 AM)

Gus-Gus
Canine Addict

Jun 17, 2005, 4:29 AM

Post #39 of 40 (1396 views)
Shortcut

Hi. My sister likes JRTs and is interested in getting a wiry coated JRT. Can you please email me at aquabotanica which is a hot mail address.

Thanks.

"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated" Mahatma Ghandi.

stanleyee
K9 Maniac

Jul 16, 2005, 12:31 AM

Post #40 of 40 (1344 views)
Shortcut

HEY GROOVEMASTER... I GOT TO KNOW U GOT A VERY CLEVER JRT.. WOULD U LIKE UR DOG TO BE A PARTICIPATE ON ADVERTISING... IM A SCOUTER FOR A APPLEBOX ASIA.COM COMPANY, AN ADVERTISING COMPANY. I NEED JRT THAT CAN BE ABLE TO LISTEN TO COMMAND. THE JRT IN OUR ADD. WILL BE A MAIN CHARACTER, WHAT ADD. I REALLY DON'T KNOW CAUSE ITS P&C. ITS A FOREIGN ADD. I NEED THE JRT AND YOU ON THAT DAY. THE SHGOOTING WILL BE ON JULY 20 SOMETHING,(THEY HAVEN DECIDED WHEN IS THE DAY). YOU AND THE JRT WILL BE PAID, THE AMOUNT U WILL HAVE TO DISCUSS WITH THEM LA... DON WORRY THE PRICE IS VERY REASONABLE...TRUST ME...AHAHAHA.. PLS DO CALL ME IF U NEED INFO... 012-3390007 STANLEY... URGENT!!

I may not be the one who start the fight, but I will not hesitate to finished it ....

"expect the un-expected".....cheers..!!

http://s246.photobucket.com/...07/wollyee/?start=40

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my