Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog Grooming:
Hair Pulling

More
New User

Feb 4, 2005, 9:53 PM

Post #1 of 4 (1102 views)
Shortcut
Hair Pulling Can't Post

I was told that proper grooming for Rabies, my 10weeks old Shih Tzu involves hair pulling from ears and paws. I was just wondering, doesn't this hurt Rabies and if it is, then which is the correct way or why not just trim it with scissors?

MisterStan
Doggyman

Feb 4, 2005, 10:23 PM

Post #2 of 4 (1098 views)
Shortcut
Re: [More] Hair Pulling [In reply to] Can't Post

hello MORE

for shih tzu ear, you gotta pluck the hair every day... don't have to pluck all at one goal... little by little... won't hurt much..

ruby_sushi

Feb 5, 2005, 2:36 AM

Post #3 of 4 (1093 views)
Shortcut

You can get the doggy [ears powder] ..apply it before u start pulling her ear hairs...it really help to reduce the pain when pulling...

Well...it is up to u if u wanna let the groomer to pull out the ear hairs..my vet told me is better not to pull out coz it might get hurt and lead to infection after that...but it is hard to keep it clean and the ears will be smelly without pulling out. That's y most of the groomer do pull out their ear hairs ...

One more thing..if u wanna pull her ear hairs...pls start it when she is still in puppyhood...let your dog get used to it...if not u will have a big prob later...an adult dog usually hate it!

FrownRuby n SushiFrown
Dogs Lover

carienna
Canine Addict

Mar 25, 2005, 5:41 PM

Post #4 of 4 (986 views)
Shortcut

I've heard of hair pulling in the ears but not at the paws.. so have your finished pulling the hair? Laugh

As for the ear part, like the rest of them said.. and also what I heard from the groomer, it is best to remove the hair to keep it clean and no stinky smell... Putting the powder will help...

But a vet told me that pulling off the hair might also cause infection.. ermm... taking the risk or what? Crazy

Frown

Golden Retrievers & Miniature Schnauzer are SIMPLY the BEST!!!!!!!

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my