Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog Friendly Places:
Dog friendly places in Penang

faithgirl
Novice

Feb 1, 2005, 9:23 PM

Post #1 of 16 (2988 views)
Shortcut
Dog friendly places in Penang Can't Post

I've now found accomodation in Penang that will allow me to bring my dog. Now I need to figure out where else she can go to, eg. beaches, restaurants, etc. I have been checking out posts but no *definitive* places.
Can those who know definitely the places (beaches included) dogs are permitted in Penang PLEASE PLEASE post. Frown.
Thks zillions & trillions

cm
Dog Kichi

Mar 3, 2005, 7:00 AM

Post #2 of 16 (2946 views)
Shortcut
Re: [faithgirl] Dog friendly places in Penang [In reply to] Can't Post

hi faithgirl!!!!
last year when i went to beaches at Sri Sayang Hotel,i saw one walking his white coloured dog.but i dun exactly know whether the management allow dog or not.

i always bring my babies go shopping in Gurney Plaza,so far it seem ok.(mine one is small breed)coz there r some people also doing that.(small breed also)

latte
Novice

Mar 6, 2005, 12:38 AM

Post #3 of 16 (2918 views)
Shortcut

Oh too bad, many public places are not allow to bring ur doggie in.

I went to dam with my Latté, but was warned by the guard not to bring him here again.

And then I bring my Latté to parks or gardens, I also see there is a sign saying Dogs not allowed.

So sad, not much dogs friendly places in Penang.

Hey wat doggie you have? any pic?

You can click here to have a look at my Latté in a bowl
www.puppy.com.my/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=208468#208468
My Latté

entrapnet
Novice

Apr 25, 2005, 4:00 AM

Post #4 of 16 (2845 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cm] Dog friendly places in Penang [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
hi faithgirl!!!!
last year when i went to beaches at Sri Sayang Hotel,i saw one walking his white coloured dog.but i dun exactly know whether the management allow dog or not.

i always bring my babies go shopping in Gurney Plaza,so far it seem ok.(mine one is small breed)coz there r some people also doing that.(small breed also)

But Gurney plaza have place a no dog allowed sign over the door signal.

I plan to bring my dog to bocanical garden next week before its grooming. I hope it is allowed.
Entrapnet
[Benji's owner]

cm
Dog Kichi

Apr 27, 2005, 6:45 AM

Post #5 of 16 (2826 views)
Shortcut
Re: [entrapnet] Dog friendly places in Penang [In reply to] Can't Post

ya,there's a 'no dog allowed' sign over the door in gurney plaza.anyway, i js brought them in.i think it should be ok.

what?public garden and parks also not allowed?what's wrong with the poor doggie?

entrapnet
Novice

Apr 27, 2005, 1:16 PM

Post #6 of 16 (2817 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
ya,there's a 'no dog allowed' sign over the door in gurney plaza.anyway, i js brought them in.i think it should be ok.

what?public garden and parks also not allowed?what's wrong with the poor doggie?

i haven't bring it to the bocanical garden yet... i think it should be ok as long as it keep its distant from the malays...

how did you bring in your dogs? So far, I only dare to bring it inside its carrying bag as I need to fetch it from Pro Plan (opposite gurney) for day care while i go for movies with my girlfriend.

how abt you? do you go often to gurney?
Entrapnet
[Benji's owner]

cm
Dog Kichi

Apr 28, 2005, 8:04 AM

Post #7 of 16 (2802 views)
Shortcut

mind to let me know what breed is ur dog?thanks.

i'll carry my dog in my arms whenever i go inside the gurney plaza.i seldom go to gurney, just once a while.u?there's a stall selling dogs at the gurney place.

is it pro plan is the pet shop with big PUG poster on the second floor?

entrapnet
Novice

Apr 28, 2005, 6:58 PM

Post #8 of 16 (2791 views)
Shortcut

my dog is shih tzu and its current length is 58cm, 4 month+ puppy.

Yep... pro plan is the pet shop with a big pug but I don't really like the way they handle my dog compare to pet place opposite paradise hotel, tanjung bunga. What to do ... they open until 9pm ^_^ while pet place open until 7pm.

I go to gurney every saturday unless there are some other function. I'm a movie fan and gurney happen to be the best place with great cinema. Where do you bring you do around sat especially with your doggy?

My dog will won't move most of the time (when the mood is good) so... you won't realise there is a dog (except for there is a huge bag on our hand).Frown
Entrapnet
[Benji's owner]

cm
Dog Kichi

Apr 29, 2005, 3:57 AM

Post #9 of 16 (2782 views)
Shortcut

pet place?oic,that one with lots of shih tzu and peke one.

saturday?somtimes go gurney and buy shirt for my doggie.u got email add?so,when r u go'g to take ur shihtzu to botanical garden?

entrapnet
Novice

Apr 29, 2005, 4:06 PM

Post #10 of 16 (2772 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
pet place?oic,that one with lots of shih tzu and peke one.

saturday?somtimes go gurney and buy shirt for my doggie.u got email add?so,when r u go'g to take ur shihtzu to botanical garden?

this week or next week... u wan to tag along?

no matter wat... it must be morning as i can't take sunlight... it will kill me... hahahaha...

my email add is entrapnet

yes... they have alot of shih tzu and peke.... their name are yang yang (shih tze) belong to rose and mi mi (donno the spelling...peke brown color) belong to another beautiful groomer. I like their service and I found their information via this web site anyway
Entrapnet
[Benji's owner]

(This post was edited by entrapnet on Apr 29, 2005, 4:09 PM)

YinMin
Novice

Jun 10, 2005, 12:36 AM

Post #11 of 16 (2711 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

I used to bring my cocker to the beach in front of Naza hotel. I tried going to Crown Price beach, but there are alot of strays there, and my cocker ran off chasing one of them. there was even once, i was carrying my cocker, and i was surrounded by 5 stray dogs. scary!

anyways, the beach at Naza hotel is quite nice. and there's a restaurant nearby. I brought my dog alot, and the ppl there didn't mind.

Frown
Click to view their dogster account
FrownRussellFrown
FrownSparkleFrown
Frown

entrapnet
Novice

Jun 10, 2005, 3:07 AM

Post #12 of 16 (2706 views)
Shortcut
Re: [YinMin] Dog friendly places in Penang [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Hi,

I used to bring my cocker to the beach in front of Naza hotel. I tried going to Crown Price beach, but there are alot of strays there, and my cocker ran off chasing one of them. there was even once, i was carrying my cocker, and i was surrounded by 5 stray dogs. scary!

anyways, the beach at Naza hotel is quite nice. and there's a restaurant nearby. I brought my dog alot, and the ppl there didn't mind.

naza.... where is that?

anyway... this coming sat... is our dog's day at Gurney.... anybody going?
Entrapnet
[Benji's owner]

YinMin
Novice

Jun 10, 2005, 8:29 PM

Post #13 of 16 (2701 views)
Shortcut

Naza hotel is in tanjung tokong. behind the coffee shop that was used to be called seahorse i think.

Frown
Click to view their dogster account
FrownRussellFrown
FrownSparkleFrown
Frown

Yen65
Novice

Jan 26, 2006, 10:43 PM

Post #14 of 16 (2486 views)
Shortcut

Hi faithgirl, which accomodation allow furkid? It is a hotel or? Please do advise?

GSlover
Canine Addict

Apr 11, 2006, 12:50 AM

Post #15 of 16 (2367 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Yen65] Dog friendly places in Penang [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

To share with you all some of the dog friendly places I have been:-

Restaurant:

There is one open-air seafood restaurant (famous with crab) near Tj Tokong. The restaurant owner loves dog very much.

Recreation Park:

1) Sg. Nibong Park

2) Tmn Minden (most of the bunglow houses owners took their dogs for walk in the evening, you can meet GSDs, Basset Hound, GR , poodle, pug)

3) Bukit Jambul Hiking Trek

gasp
Novice

Jul 16, 2006, 5:56 AM

Post #16 of 16 (2185 views)
Shortcut

I dont understand you people.

Why would you guys insist on bringing pets inside when it is clearly stated that pets are not allowed?

There are crowds in the shopping centre, and not all people can tolerate pets, some are even allergic to animals.

Cant you just respect the decision of the management of the shopping centre?

Im in Australia, and we all know that this is a very dog-friendly country, but still pets are still not allowed in shopping centre, and so far, no one seems to break the rule.

Do respect others' decisions and try to act more maturely.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my