Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog Friendly Places:
Dog-friendly hotel in Penang

faithgirl
Novice

Feb 1, 2005, 9:17 PM

Post #1 of 9 (3067 views)
Shortcut
Dog-friendly hotel in Penang Can't Post

Hey, good news all. I called Aurora Court in Penang and spoke to a person-in-charge by name of Helen. She says that it's okay for me to bring my gorgeous Faith & she can stay in the room with me. .... oh yippeeeee.
However, must tell you ppl that she asked about size of dog - Faith's a shih tzu & travels in a bag with me so if your dog's big, suggest you call to ask her first.
Link to the page is auroracourt.com.
Oh Penang here I come .....Frown

Esther6281
ALPHA

Feb 1, 2005, 9:23 PM

Post #2 of 9 (3065 views)
Shortcut
Re: [faithgirl] Dog-friendly hotel in Penang [In reply to] Can't Post

Where is Auroro Court? In town or Ferringhi? If I go Penang, I wanna go to the beach side, so is Aurora Court nearby?

Sob sob, looks like we won't be seeing you at the shih tzu party lor...?

Love, BB's Mommy

Frown BB Appreciation <<-->> BB ~ My Baby, My Love, My Everything, My Reason For Living Frown

Frown BB Shares Goss-Fest <<-->> BB & Snowy, Sitting under a Tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G ~ Gossip is F-R-E-E Frown

Frown BB Photo Album <<-->> Puppy Love ~ BB Photo Compilation Frown

Frown BB Dedication <<-->> Doggone It! BB @ Dogster! ~ BB Blogs 2!! Frown

faithgirl
Novice

Feb 1, 2005, 9:28 PM

Post #3 of 9 (3064 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Esther6281] Dog-friendly hotel in Penang [In reply to] Can't Post

No-lah Aurora court is kinda svcd apartment, I think and off Burmah Road so no beach front. But I dinna care - I can bring my precious!
Probably won't join the ST party 'cos I want Faith to be able to enjoy a holiday with me. Still haven't found a place in Ipoh for Faith, tho. Hmmm. Think I will skip Ipoh and just go Penang & Langkawi. Oooo, I'm so thrilled & keep saying yes, yes, yes.
Maybe we can arrange a get-together at La Gourmet? But must be in afternoon 'tho. Wonder how many would come? Sorry, this is not to hijack your plans 4 the March get-together. Just a thot that came to me, for those who cannot make the March get-together.

Esther6281
ALPHA

Feb 1, 2005, 11:31 PM

Post #4 of 9 (3058 views)
Shortcut

Who said you hijacked the plan? Hahahaha! Those who agrees are overwhelming those who disagree (none), so it looks like the party will be ON... Another gathering organised by you would be an extra adventure for us all! The more the better!

Waaa... That's nice lah... Faith and you will be going to all sorts of happy holidays together... Smile Me have no money liao, but when I do, I also wanna bring BB go kai-kai with me! Tongue

Love, BB's Mommy

Frown BB Appreciation <<-->> BB ~ My Baby, My Love, My Everything, My Reason For Living Frown

Frown BB Shares Goss-Fest <<-->> BB & Snowy, Sitting under a Tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G ~ Gossip is F-R-E-E Frown

Frown BB Photo Album <<-->> Puppy Love ~ BB Photo Compilation Frown

Frown BB Dedication <<-->> Doggone It! BB @ Dogster! ~ BB Blogs 2!! Frown

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Feb 2, 2005, 4:59 PM

Post #5 of 9 (3032 views)
Shortcut

For big dogs they are not allowed to be inside the room with the owner but is to stay in the parking/lobby area if I remembers correctly.

Dogs that is small size or medium small is ok to be in the room with the owner.

cheers,
minglmy

JolinG
Doggyman

Feb 2, 2005, 5:04 PM

Post #6 of 9 (3029 views)
Shortcut

hi we have been staying in aurora courts on and off for about 3 years now whenever we are in penang with our dogs for show

yups...good choice cos owner has no probs with it..big dogs however are not recommended to stay in the room. only at the carpark there they would be placed

faithgirl
Novice

Feb 2, 2005, 7:11 PM

Post #7 of 9 (3020 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] Dog-friendly hotel in Penang [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Ming & Colin
Hmmm ... no wonder she asked if I was part of a road show Smile
Does this mean that I can openly walk Faith instead of confining her to her bag? I was going to call Helen up to ask this (forgot earlier) when I make my reservations. I don't mean I plan to walk her around within the building - just from my room to go out, & vice versa.
What other public areas can I bring Faith to - in a bag if not openly - , that you personally have brought your own dogsapart from Chinese coffee shops, Nandos in Gurney, & Gurney Drive?
Many of the posts I went through (and there were like zillions?) with such threads were either quite outdated or confusing. Sometimes quite difficult with Puppy.com 'cos often OT discussions in threads. Since joining this board recently, I must have spent 90% of my computer time checking out all threads to try to find such info.
Thanks.

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Feb 2, 2005, 7:27 PM

Post #8 of 9 (3018 views)
Shortcut

I'm not sure if you can walk in openly with your dog but its best to book the room 1st and let them know that you will be bringing your dog with you.

as for walking in, personally i prefer to carry them rather than let them walk on the floor n etc. As i'm also worried if my dog pee, poo or rush towards a 'malay' or someone that is scared or do not like dogs when i'm not looking or i'm distracted.

better call n ask helen again Smile

cheers,
minglmy

faithgirl
Novice

Feb 3, 2005, 2:41 AM

Post #9 of 9 (2998 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] Dog-friendly hotel in Penang [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Ming
Yeah, I normally carry Faith but it's cos she sleeps in my room & on my furniture - more a ? of hygience. She's pretty good in that she only pees into a KFC tub & poos on toilet paper.
And yeah, she thinks every human is a long lost relative - marvel her tail doesn't get fatigued from wagging Wink
Lastly, yeah, will check with the mgt b4 I stride in with Faith on proud display!
Frown

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my