Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: General:
HELP NEEDED - URGENTLY

snowpuppy
Novice

Jan 31, 2005, 8:50 PM

Post #1 of 13 (2370 views)
Shortcut
HELP NEEDED - URGENTLY Can't Post

I'm staying in an apartment but I have a dog...medium size dog. I just received a notice from the management stating that residents are not allowed to keep dogs due to complaints of excessive barking and due to some racial issues. But as far as racial issues are concerned, all my neighbourse, or all those in the same floor are chinese.. so i think not a problem. My dog barks at times, but not excessively.. I mean its only natural for a dog to bark at times.

I really need help here.. if anyone knows that there really is a law stating that the management can disallow me from keeping dogs in apartments... Or shouhld I remove my dog?

ladee_m
Doggyman

Jan 31, 2005, 11:28 PM

Post #2 of 13 (2346 views)
Shortcut
Re: [snowpuppy] HELP NEEDED - URGENTLY [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Smile

I'm affraid that its gonna be a slim chance that u can win this coz most high rise accomodation like aprtments & condo do state in advance that dogs are not allowed in the primises Unsure... unless they have stated that u can have dogs previously...

And if I am not mistaken the municipal council e.g. MPPj also have a ruling to that... to own a dog u have to have a certain space for them... even in a link house, they only allow one dog i think according to the build up...

Plus if there is a complain now toward ur furkid, its gonna be tough... usually the management will close one eye if neighbours keep quiet & dun mind... however, there are some ppl who are very selfish & only think that they live on this planet alone... they cannot accomodate & share... Mad

I hope for the best for u & ur furkid... may the issue get solved to ur advantage... have a good CHINESE NEW YEAR... ******GONG XI GONG XI GONG XI****** to u & ur family.... Wink

CLICK ON =>Poodles' Friendly Gang ListSmile

I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult.

nicky_spykeaz
Doggyman

Feb 1, 2005, 12:26 AM

Post #3 of 13 (2336 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ladee_m] HELP NEEDED - URGENTLY [In reply to] Can't Post

Maybe we can write letter to the authorization to allow to keep dog in the apartment...maybe only one because of the space...
Me also worry this in the future because i moving to an apartment next year and my middle size doggie that is Bobby definitely living with us.Me also worry that my future neighbor will complain this and that...u know lah ppl in this world...In the state also allow ppl to keep dog in the apartment as long as the dog is living in a clean and proper environment but definitely we are not talking so small space for them to live in...

Cheers ya,

Nicki the Devil live by the reputation of the name

boBby is a craz3 car PassaNger
Fat FaT other case Elegant Car GuEst
What make Me?
A LoYal huMan Driver.... Frown

NoBody is Prefect, Guess What i am Nobody
Nice to meet YOu

(Bobby+Nicky craze JT memBer)

BoBby San DogstEr
http://www.dogster.com/?158414

http://spykeaz-devil.blogspot.com/

chnyuppie
Dog Kichi

Feb 1, 2005, 12:36 AM

Post #4 of 13 (2333 views)
Shortcut

YUp, I agree with ladee-M. I think there are by-laws by the municipal councils and by your managemetn committee that disallow pets being kept in apartments. Yes, I konw, it is very harsh but then again you have to look at the quality of ppl running the country (esp at municipal level). Unfortunately you will not be able to fight those laws or the municipal ppl.

I think the only plausible solution is to temporarily move your pets out. Do it fast. And do not EVER admit to having kept pets in your apartment. Let things cool down, then bring darling pet back.

Sorry to about your predicament, but I think that is the best solution for now. Don't fret, you'll soon have your doggy back!

ladee_m
Doggyman

Feb 1, 2005, 3:13 AM

Post #5 of 13 (2327 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nicky_spykeaz] HELP NEEDED - URGENTLY [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Smile

All furkid lovers wish for the best solution & hope that someday there will be some sort of compromise... but we have to realize & face the fact that we live in a country where the national religion look upon our beoved K9 as something horrible Unsure... till the day the ppl who consider dogs outkaz realize dogs are a more civalize creature than many of their own ppl, there is lil' we can do to oppose them... space, cleanliness, noise & what ever reason given is just an excause to cover the very very obvious discremination toward us K9 lovers... Unsure

There are some sad outcome when ppl try to oppose this rediculous narrow minded thinking... often times their furkids are taken away by law & force from their owner Shocked Frown... thank goodness there are many newer generation who have a broader mentality & treat K9 as just another animal like any other animal... there will be change but I do not think it will so soon... Unsure

snowpuppy
Novice

Feb 3, 2005, 7:35 PM

Post #6 of 13 (2290 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ladee_m] HELP NEEDED - URGENTLY [In reply to] Can't Post

actually, i think its really a little unfair. i'm stying in penang, and i did get the licence for my dog from the mppp. plus, i don't let them out of the apartment, wondering about even in the compund of the place. if i take my dog out, i'll wrap him in a towel, carry him to the car then only drive out of the place. he basically stays in the apartment and not go out at all unless i take him, which will be someplace where dogs are allowed.

i've also been told that i could de-voice the dog. of course i feel that it's a cruel thing to do but in order to keep the dog, i don't have a choice, or is there an alternative?

how do they de-voice a dog? is it going to be of any harm to the dog?

fatt__
Novice

Feb 4, 2005, 4:41 PM

Post #7 of 13 (2261 views)
Shortcut

Hi snowpuppy,

I'm also staying in penang and in the condo. Previously, I'm staying in JB. I just moved to penang and my dog will come over today afternoon.

I also feel scare that the ppl at my place will complain my furkid. I can understanding your feeling. Anyway, which apartment that you're staying? Mine one is Tmn desa relau(vista condo). Did anyone heard about the place and whether that condo can keep dog not? My dog is also medium size

faithgirl
Novice

Feb 4, 2005, 7:31 PM

Post #8 of 13 (2248 views)
Shortcut

Hi snowpuppy
I think you're referring to de-barking - where the dog's voice box is surgically removed under anaesthetic. I had discussed this option with my vet who discouraged me from the operation - said that unless it was a real problem, then only I should consider it as a LAST resort. Suggest you either speak to a vet to discuss the issue more clearly. But before you do that, do some research on the internet first - type in "debark, dog" and read up so that you know more & then know what to ask your vet.
What chnyuppie suggested about getting your dog out real fast is a good idea. Even if you have to board your dog., do it.
Good luck.

snowpuppy
Novice

Feb 5, 2005, 12:23 AM

Post #9 of 13 (2230 views)
Shortcut
Re: [faithgirl] HELP NEEDED - URGENTLY [In reply to] Can't Post

i'm staying in an apartment in tanjung bungah. i've heard that the apartment, sri york allows residents to have 1 dog, but i'm not really sure.

anyway, if i take my dog out for some time and take them back after the check, he'll bark and my neighbours would know, then they'll complain and i'll get into more trouble coz then it'll be that i deliberately violated the rule. i don't know if that is a permanent solution to the problem. anymore suggestion?

(This post was edited by snowpuppy on Feb 5, 2005, 12:26 AM)

nicky_spykeaz
Doggyman

Feb 5, 2005, 3:00 AM

Post #10 of 13 (2225 views)
Shortcut

ya me actually do not agree any comestic surgery on our furkids..too cruel FrownFrown
Maybe there is another solution...think harder k..
But like everyone said, maybe you should consult pro...that is your vet on this issue...

Cheers ya,

Nicki the Devil live by the reputation of the name

boBby is a craz3 car PassaNger
Fat FaT other case Elegant Car GuEst
What make Me?
A LoYal huMan Driver.... Frown

NoBody is Prefect, Guess What i am Nobody
Nice to meet YOu

(Bobby+Nicky craze JT memBer)

BoBby San DogstEr
http://www.dogster.com/?158414

http://spykeaz-devil.blogspot.com/

ladee_m
Doggyman

Feb 5, 2005, 8:35 AM

Post #11 of 13 (2216 views)
Shortcut

Hi Smile

Like I mention some ppl do not think of others & they only are so obsessed with what they think is good or bad... Unsure

De-voice is known as debarking... cruel?... yes Unsure Unsure Unsure... what they do?... they remove the dogs vocal cord... not something i will even consider... u may wanna try a collar... helps to keep the dog from barking... source out a member with the nick PDS or surchingmy... they amy be able to give u more info on the collar & tell u more on debarking...

I really hope u do not need to do that Unsure I known of a poodle who was debark... the owner live in apartment & did it so ppl won't complain... but in the end they gave up the dog too... so sad coz other ppl dun want him... he ended up having a home back at the breeder's place... lucky the breeder was a kind man & felt so bad that one of his pup was treated that way... he decided to keep the dog & give him a good life after all the poor dog had gone thru... Unsure loosing his vocals for no reason... Unsure his owner abandoned him in the end... Unsure

Have a Nice Chinese New YEar....

faithgirl
Novice

Feb 5, 2005, 6:54 PM

Post #12 of 13 (2211 views)
Shortcut

I agree with you that boarding her temporarily is NOT the solution. BUT it gives you time to explore your options. You surely don't want to rush into making a major decision such as debarking! Your dog's health is at risk - remember there's always a risk involved in any surgery (even for humans).
Maybe you could try to find out what sparks off your dog's barking. I find that most dogs do not generally bark for no reason. My own dog barks whenever she's crated so I NEVER ever crate her or confine her - she gets free run. Whenever I have to leave her behind, I always make sure I switch on the radio or tv, and leave her toy and small blanket as comfort items. This one toy is kept only for that purpose - once she sees it now, she knows that I'm going out. I always tell her that I"LL BE BACK. She also seems to understand that. She sometimes sulks yes but has never barked (I always run the tape recorder!) yet (thank goodness). I took a long time to do it - over a month, I think. I started with leaving her for 10 mins & finally working up to about 6 hours. If I know that I am going to be away for more than 6 hours, I will leave her with someone or pay for day-time boarding.
I'm sorry I can't offer any more suggestions than tracing the reason for the barking. I will try to think of something else (other than debarking the dog) and will post if I can come up with any.
Maybe someone else who's experienced this can post more helpful suggestions.

snowpuppy
Novice

Feb 7, 2005, 2:24 AM

Post #13 of 13 (2192 views)
Shortcut
Re: [faithgirl] HELP NEEDED - URGENTLY [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks so much for all the advice. really appreciate them. i love my dog and honestly debarking is not the first choice, unless i'm really out of options. i'm just afraid that ppl will complain and i have to give up my dog.. especially now since they've put up a notice for all residents to remove their dogs. my dog don't bark that often...most of the time he doesn't. it's just that i've got this really funny neighbour that i think might complain on the slightest sound of anything, which will get me into a lot of trouble if he does complain about my dog. my dog is such a nice dog that obeys orders well so he is really not a problem but my neighbour is. i'm really afraid that one day, my neighbour will complain for no reason and ask ppl to come remove my dog,,coz afterall, i'm staying in apartment and they really do not allow dogs in apartments anyway. but as of now, i'm still ok and still exploring the options that i may have to resort to in time of emergency. thanks for all the advice.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my